It seems that George was not the first choice to record Rock your baby. It was written for KC and the Sunshine band, but despite the lead singer of that group being a co-writer, it proved to be unsuitable, so another singer was sought. Gwen McCrae (George's wife) was then chosen but didn't turn up for the recording session. George therefore recorded Rock your baby, which subsequently became a number one hit in Britain and America. How lucky can one man be?
Subsequent releases made less impact, especially in America. George nevertheless managed to make the UK top ten twice more (I can't leave you alone, It's been so long) and just missed the UK top ten with I ain't lying. George also had three minor UK hits (You can have it all, Sing a happy song, Honey). All these hits came in the period 1974 to 1976 and all except Honey are included here. George eventually had a minor hit (One step closer to love) on a different label but that (like Honey) is missing.
Neither of the missing hits matter on this collection, which contains everything you are likely to need by one of the pioneers of the seventies disco scene.
on 30 March 2013
An excellent George McCrae LP when it was released back in '75, handled with care and remastered on perfection. If you liked any of the singles off this LP then this upgrade is an easy purchase. Go and enjoy!!
on 27 April 2013
The songs are brilliant and bring back loads of memories it's great to hear them all again bring back the 70 s
on 10 September 2015
I am now listening to this one and it is the follow up album to Rock your baby and it is also a good disco LP I bought this out of our long gone branch of Gough and Davey in 1975 I have this and the previous album on LP`S and the longest song is baby baby sweet baby a long 6:20 minutes of stomping beat music and a good instrumental solo the backing music is KC and the sunshine band and written by H.W Casey and Richard Finch this album was released in 1975 I first heard it`s been so long and bought the single from Woolworths it was at number 4 in the charts at the time! Glad I saw this on Amazon I have always wanted these two Albums on a CD! many thanks amazon!
on 30 August 2013
Classy pop/soul. There's more to to this guy than just Rock Your Baby. Well worth getting if you like your soul on the smooth side.
on 22 January 2014
I enjoyed the music but unfortunately the CD is of a very poor sound quality. I cannot recommend purchasing the product.
on 11 May 2012
After seeing George Mccrae on the TV I knew I had to buy one of his CDs. He has a lovely voice & his songs are great.
on 24 December 2010
All the hits and more on one cd - orginal recordings too. A must have for 70's fans includes - It's been so long since I've seen you a track not found on not many compilations.
on 6 April 2015