Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 August 2001
NASH are currently touring the UK, catch therm if you can, before they become enourmous.....
This debut album 'the chancer' is a varied list of great tunes. Including their debut single '100 million ways' and it's follow up 'just a little sign'. Both songs demonstrating the varied nature of NASH's music and the enourmous tallent which they posses.
The lead singer (Russell Nash) has an excellent 'Jamiraquai' quality to his voice but with more bass and greater ability to hold a tune, this coupled with the scratching of the 'the Force' and the beatiful cello under melody, makes all of Nash's music fantastic to listen to...........you must buy this now.
on 23 December 2002
I bought this album , funnily by 'chance'! After hearing the trailer for the Channel 4 comedy programme 'Scrubs', I had to find out who this band were. Needless to say, I was not disappointed.
Right from the first play, to countless beyond, each track has instant impact. Like any classic album, this has no fillers.
First track 'Black box' is typical of this, displaying frontman Nash's vocal talents alongside DJ da4orce's rhythmic beats. Likewise, every track follows with similar passionate urgency.
For me, this is one of the best examples of British songwriting, a smooth but eclectic mix of different styles that many American counterparts shy away from.
In short, The Chancer is an album impossible to pigeon-hole, that resonates pure quality. Highly recommended.
on 28 September 2004
Nash apparently are no longer together. What a shame. This album is genius. It's a real grower, which I always think is the sign of a truly great album. On first listen, I couldn't quite work out what I felt about it. It didn't have an instantly catchy pop vibe and it was like listening to eight different genres. Then I played it again. And again. Soon it all clicked into place. Now I can't turn it off. This is an original, soulful, beautiful, exciting album, and one which I am now completely obsessed with. Come back Russell Nash. The world needs you.
on 3 November 2003
This album is worth buying just for the first five songs which are excellent. Such a shame they seemed to have disappered
Bizarely you occasionally here their music being played in the "Caff" or the "Vic" in Eastenders as Tamsin Outhwaite used to date one of them