Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 October 2003
This isn't the disc that you'll be playing every night you get home from work - it'll be an occasional treat, and a treat it is! Multi-instrumentalist and composer Yann Tiersen has created a romantic, cheerful, sometimes bittersweet, and undeniably French landscape of violins, pianos, accordions and melodicas. This album makes perfect sense, and is just as fabulous as the film!
on 28 August 2010
I tend to buy soundtracks to films I love and this was no exception. The cd is just wonderful. The songs are proper song length which you don't get on some soundtrack cds and there are no interruptions from film dialogue as you would get on some soundtrack cds. The music itself is superbly happy and beautiful. Very French. There are some really beautiful piano pieces too, and even two other singing songs that were used in the film which make, for me, a nice change.

I love listening to this on long journeys and for anyone who is a fan, or who loves accordions, pianos, or even just quirky, joyful music, I highly recommend this.
on 30 October 2013
...the themes are absolutely beautiful and vibrant, original and memorable, sad and wonderful, even a bit quirky... I could say a million good things about the music, but probably you already know...

The booklet includes just some pictures from the movie but they really could have included something like an introduction text from the composer or from the director of the film. The art of the cover isn't bad but isn't really special either. I believe the buyers of this CD are mostly collectors so they could have included something extra here.

But you'll buy this for the music anyway so I'll give it 5/5.
on 12 July 2013
IT's of course the music from the film. FIrst time round it's utterly enchanting but listened to 5 or 6 times in a row it gets on your tits a bit. Most CD's do, don't they? Still, in moderation it's lovely and just what i was after. However, I suspect the "English" version while not as "perfect" (French) might give english translations to the titles, or maybe not. If you loved the film, it's great.
on 29 April 2012
This is a wonderful CD, the music takes you to another place. It arrived promptly and was (almost as promptly) pinched by my 9 year old son so he can listen to it at night before going to sleep.
on 3 November 2013
I love it, my baby daughter loves it, kept us company driving through the lot-et-Garonne countryside and takes me back to the film which is pure feel-good
on 18 January 2012
The movie itself is great but the work of Yann Tiersen OST is absolutly amazing.
I love this album, La Valse D'Amelie is priceless.
on 1 August 2013
Beautiful soundtrack. Bought for my daughter who plays the piano and is learning the Valse. So much emotion and feeling. A classic!
on 3 November 2014
Loved this album. My husband wanted ME to get it and I enjoyed it very much. Felt like we were in Paris, very atmospheric.
on 15 April 2013
Great soundtrack. Played it over and over again. However, it would be better if there are more variation into it.