5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
A great compilation for all music lovers out there. Massive million sellers like Shaggy, Hear'Say and erm, Bob the Builder are in the same cd as Feeder, nobody else but Now would do it
Published on 11 Jun 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been great 2 months ago!
Published on 9 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been great 2 months ago!, 9 April 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
As with the entire 'NOW' collection, by the time the album is released, one is thoroughly sick of the majority of the tracks. Recent tunes by Atomic Kitten, Gorillaz, Hearsay, and Shaggy were all extremely catchy, but unfortunately have very short shelf-lives. All the more so since one is bombarded by them 24-7 on both Radio 1 and every commercial station across the land. The songs contained on this album are not bad; they're just worn-out. Take my advice: save yourself 15 by tuning in to your local commercial radio station. You'll never spot the difference between their play-list and this album's track-list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Jun 2002
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
We start off with the cheese, it's always there but the painful S Club 7 just had to be skipped, it sounds very much as if Jo is having her tonsils removed. However it mixes in with great dance tracks, including the under-sold "Chillin" by Modjo a fantastic record for those who haven't found it. We mix it in with laid back pop including the great summery vibe of Emma Bunton and Kylie Minogue.
CD2 is not quite so good but it has a great R'N B dancevibe to it. Tracks like Papa Roach seem a little out of place on a now CD but Now is moving on. The cool overtunes of Jakatta are irresistiblely soothing, I could listen to it all day. The criminally undersold "Straight Up" by Chante Moore is on here as well as recent hits from Mel B, Mya and Joe. Skip track 19 and you're left with Fun Lovin' Criminals. God knows what he's singing but it sounds great. Well worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars Now 48 just keeps rockin!, 16 Aug 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
Well what can i say, as an avid fan of music-pop, R'n'B, some dance, some nu-metal etc, i was quite impressed with NOW's 48th effort at acheiving every music fans ideal cd for their stereo. With Papa Roach the only nu metal band on the listings however, it could proove to be a disappointment with Kerrang fans, although i cant see myself those sort of people looking at Now, with the whole of cd one on nearly every Now consisting of cheesy pop, and cd two providing the balance for music fans. However, a classic for the cd stand with every penny's worth well spent on it and definately a big MUST for music fans looking for a great compilation, although it weas released a little late....

4.0 out of 5 stars Dance music? Rock on!, 25 Mar 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
If this new album is anything like Now!47, it will be full of really jumpin dance music. I love it, but it would appeal to more people if they included slinky tunes like 'Black coffee',etc. Keep up the good work, Now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
As with most compilation CD's you always get alot of naft songs you have never heard of. This is full of catchy Pop tunes with a mix of Indie and rock. An excellent selection of songs crambed into one. Althought the songd my be ' out of date ' it doesn't matter when was the last time you heard the beatles on Radio 1? Classic tune to get you moving. Good buy for younger people who like pop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Old 48, 28 April 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
Even though there are some cool songs, they are months out of date, some are relitivly new (like Emma B's 'What took you so long') and others are so old your granny probably heard them, all in all get it if you wanna listen to the old stuff forget it if you don't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Now we're into the dregs..., 6 April 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
I can't do this anymore. I've kept on fighting my friends, album after album, over this series.
But this is it.
Now 48 is awful.
As an avid collector and music fan, I pride myself on my ability to listen to a wide variety of music. But there are exactly two songs on this release that I like (U2's Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of and Texas' Inner Smile). Out of 41, that ain't enough. Where's Dido? Bizkit? I could go on... but I won't.
And yet despite this, I'll still be buying it. The reason I decided to collect this series is because of the way it represents the tastes of the music buying public. This one represents a bad time. The music industry is in serious trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Compliation, 5 April 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
I love the NOW series! A great mix of the best pop tunes, the coolest dance tunes, and some other surprises. And Now 48 is just as good as the previous editions. Out of the Now 40's collections, Now 44, and Now 47 have been standout. This one doesn't match them, but it is still high quality.
Disc One is Pop at its best. Atomic Kitten's Surprise Smash (Whole Again) is here. Shaggy and Hearsay - both Huge Selling Hits (Ah - now there's an idea for a new compliation name!) and its great to see them included. Other highlights include: S-Club-7 (Never had A Dream Come True), Britney (Stronger), Sam Mumbea (Always Come Back To Your Love) and Steps top tune Its The Way You Make Me Feel.
Disc Two is a more rock/indie/r&b approach. No where near as good as disc one but does have some standouts, such as: U2 (Stuck In A Moment), Robbie Williams, Melanie B and Mya.
Overall a pumping collection of the best chart hits from November 2000 - April 2001.
Bring On Now 49!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's for top 40 chart lovers., 25 Mar 2001
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
I'm personally not a fan of run of the mill pop, but if you like the top 40 chart hits then you will love this album. I fully recommend it for those of you into mainly pop, however there are elemnts of dance, r'n'b and hip hop. Overall a cool album.

1.0 out of 5 stars Now 48, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 (Audio CD)
This came as a sneeky add on to another purchase I was making. I didnt want it and tried to cancel but didnt manage. Not worth the bother to send back and I am saving someone else from buying this rubbish. Along with the other 2 cd`s I ended up with that I didnt want, I have to say they are all Crap compilations of Crap tunes by crap artists.

Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48
Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 48 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2001)