5.0 out of 5 stars Go Emma
Wow... Emma is definitly a great singer and very talented girl. By it, because is one of the best albuns from 2001.
1. 'What Took You So Long?' - Everything in the place. Just great for first single. (9/10)
2. 'Take My Breath Away' - a little bit girly, but really fantastic and Emma shows that she has a great voice(9/10)
3. 'A World Without You' -...
Published on 4 Jun 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars On the right road but not yet at the success junction
First off, the covers. "What I Am" was a one-off for Edie Brickell back in '89 and was a choice cut for revival. The TTO crew did an astoundingly competent cover; so competent that you could mute the video and listen to the original and lip-sync the two without any effort...
"Sunshine On A Rainy Day" was Zoe's one moment in the sun, and as others...
Published on 26 Sep 2001 by Author Unknown

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Emma, 4 Jun 2002
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
3. 'A World Without You' - Remembering the times of '2 Become 1' and 'Too Much'. It would be a massive hit(10/10)
4. 'High On Love' - A bit borring, but nice too (7/10)
5. 'A Girl Like Me' - Pop song, kinda like the times of Spice. Good one (8/10)
6. 'Spell It O.U.T.' - Also Pop, but much better than the previous. Emma shows all of her voice potencial (9/10)
7. 'Sunshine On A Rainy Day' - One of the best cover that I have ever heard. Seems like Madonna's 'Don't Tell Me', but nicer. It would also be a great single (10/10)
8. 'Been There, Done That' - Great R'n'B/pop song. is one of my favourites in the album. (9/10)
9. 'Better Be Careful' - The best Song in the album. Great one... really the top. One Question: Why Emma didn't release this one as a single?(10/10)
10. 'We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight' - Great up-beat song and also one of the best in the album. Is not better than the single version. (album version- 9/10; single version- 10/10)
11. 'She Was A Friend Of Mine' - Cool one, but out of the sound of the rest of the album (8/10)
12. 'What I Am' - Nice one, but it shouldn't be on the album, because is the 2º cover and it's not very cool. (6/10)
Well, this album is one of the best ever, so don't waste time and order it now!! You won't be dissapointed, for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Undeniably Best Solo Spice Record...for now at least., 21 April 2001
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
To be honest, Emma was probably my least favorite Spice Girl just because she wasn't "interesting" enough. But with this album I say the heck with interesting and discovered that she is now my new favorite Spice Girl. While I like them as a group (yes I think Forever is a work of art), both of the Mel's albums to me kind of fell short of anything great (yeah I think Mel C's album is kind of stale..I'm american so of course I have a different musical taste). I only listen to them every so often and so I had a bad feeling when Emma's album was announced. But just a few days ago when I downloaded a few of her songs I had to order this album..plus I realized this spice definitely has a promising solo career ahead of her. If she can't conquer America then no solo spice can. Her songs are great. I mean she has such a nice voice and she covers all facets of music. She's basically what the Spice Girls are but as a solo artist instead. If you don't buy this album, not only are you not a good spice fan, but your denying yourself a really great musical experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars EMMA BUNTON FROM BABY TO MATURE POP DIVA, 19 April 2001
James Cavaliere (No. Massapequa, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I'm totally such a big fan of Emma Bunton. I couldn't wait to get her new album. The CD is a perfect pure pop pleasure. She has such a light melodic goregous voice. This CD outshines past spice girls CD's including the new R/B flavored Forever. This CD has better songs and Emma wrote every track on the album. The album features more live instrumentation and acoustic guitar such as in songs like the new #1 single "What Took You So Long", "Take My Breath Away", "High On Love", Sunshine On A Rainy Day" "Better Be Careful" And past smash "What I Am". Also theres beautiful ballads like "A World Without You" And "Spell It Out". Theres upbeat R&B/Dance stuff like "Been There, Done That" and "She Was A Friend Of Mine". Overall this is such a fun and touching album to listen to over and over again. You'll like all the songs and different styles like Pop, Rock and R&B. Go Emma!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye Bye Baby!, 10 July 2002
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
Well well, it is the end of cute Baby Spice and hello to mature grown up Emma Bunton. With her debut solo album emma shows us what she is made of!
The album has some great tracks that are all totally different in style, the best being: What Took You So Long?, What I Am, Take My Breath Away, We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight, A Girl Like Me and A World Without You.
The rest lack that sort of "punch" to make you want to keep listening to them!
It debuted at #4 and it's shame Virgin dropped her as with better promotion this album could have been #1. Let's hope with her next album she is!
A must for Spice and pop fans alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Spice Girl proves she can do it on her own., 28 Oct 2001
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
This is one of the albums I never get tired of listening to. In a way Emma's solo music is different from the Spice Girls music. Emma's is nice and laid back, whilst the Spice Girl's is up beat. My favourite track on the album is Spell It O.U.T, because of it's mix of pop and R&B. All the songs on the album are a mix of pop and R&B too. I think that all the songs on Emma's brilliant album will be top ten hits. This Spice Girl proves she can do it on her own!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great album done by a sweet girl!, 8 May 2001
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
This is a great solo-debut album from Emma Bunton, or as some of you prefer to call her, Baby Spice. Her album is the one that's most similar the Spice Girls' albums. The album starts with her "first official" solo-single, "What Took You So Long". This is, in my opinion, along with "We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight" the best song of the album. It's catchy, It feels like summer!!! Great vocals by Emma! "We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight" is a summer-song aswell, with latin-influences and it sure goes into your head and stays there! To give more critisism, her voice doesn't carry her all the way, she has no power in her voice in some songs. So my opinion is that she should sing songs that fit her voice! Anyway enough of that, in short the album is really great and it's a must in your CD-collection! Especially if you're a Spice-fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars She takes my breath away, 29 April 2001
david@poponline.co.uk (Hornchurch, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
Emma Bunton is the fourth Spice Girl to release a solo album, but can she follow in their footsteps to solo stardom? The answer is a very BIG yes! 'A Girl Like Me' sees Emma take in a number of musical genres, including pop, R&B, dance and also an acoustic vibe on a couple of tracks. Among the 12 tracks are the no.1 single, 'What Took You So Long?', her no.2 collaboration with Tin Tin Out, 'What I Am', and the extremely sentimental, 'Take My Breath Away', which Emma says is about her long-term boyfriend, Jade from UK R&B group, Damage. Other hilights on the CD include her cover of Zoe's 1991 classic, 'Sunshine On A Rainy Day' (a song that is destined to be a single, and which is so uplifting that you can't help but jump up and down in the air - or is that just me??), and the rather feisty 'n' funky title track, 'A Girl Like Me', on which she warns us not to '*!!*' with her - could a duet with Eminem be on the cards?? All in all it's a well rounded solo debut - to put it in a nutshell: good songs sang well.. songs as nice as the lady herself - and I should know, as I met her last week!! Just as good as 'Hot' and 'Northern Star' - if not better!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely album from the most successful spice, 10 July 2005
Nikki (East London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I have to say that I thought this album would be slightly samey and boring, but I was proved wrong! Emma Bunton has a lovely, sweet voice and all the songs on this album are fun and catchy. I particularly love 'We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight' (perfect to play while getting ready for a night out with your mates) and 'A World Without You' (soppy lovesong with amazing vocals from Emma).
If you want something original, fun and catchy, BUY THIS ALBUM!!! You won't be disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spice 1 of 5, 1 Aug 2010
M. Banno (Harrisburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of the Spice Girls. This makes the second CD of a solo Spice Girl that I own. I have at least one of each of their CDs. I must say that Emma is my favorite of the 5, although for the most part I love all their music. It's definitely reccomended if you love their music.

5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTIVELY FANTASTIC!!!!, 22 Jun 2001
This review is from: A Girl Like Me (Audio CD)
I personally believe that everyone should go and buy this album because it quite simply is VERY VERY GOOD!!! A mix of pure pop, R n B and a hint of the rock genre (dare I say?!?!) this CD is full of ballads, upbeat pop and melodies that will stay in your head all day!! I was surprised to hear Emma's great vocals and songwriting talents shining through and have not taken this CD out of he player since I got it! My faourites are'Take My Breath Away' and 'Spell It O.U.T'. Go and buy it! Go on then!!

A Girl Like Me
A Girl Like Me by Emma Bunton (Audio CD - 2001)