4.0 out of 5 stars Spoofs a lot of films but is still funny
These two films are made in the genre of the Airplane and Naked Gun movies. Really funny with loads of spoofs especially Top Gun and Rambo. The film may not be original considering that I've already mentioned 9 films already but yet this film may have been the forerunner to the scary movie, date movie, epic movie franchise.

Enough said, now I've mentioned a...
Published on 28 Jun 2007 by Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
As a fan of the Hot Shots films, particularly the second one, I was looking forward to its release on DVD, but now that I have it, I'm very dissapointed. Naturally, the sound and picture quality are both excellent, and the additional material (movie trailers) is fun to watch. But unfortunately, the films are cut. Hot Shots Part Deux is missing at least 5 minutes of...
Published on 14 Aug 2001 by phoenix@firespirit.freeserve.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but NOT in this set!, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
The title, once again, pretty much sums up my opinion regarding this set comprising two films that had given spoof films a huge boost in their time. The films have achieved somewhat cult status in the eyes of their patrons, and I must agree that during my first viewing I had found both of the movies (esp. "Part Deux") quite hillarious. But after that, I found that some of the one-liners (accompanied by Charlie Sheen and Valeria Goleno's facial expressions) got etched into my mind pretty strongly, while the gags kept getting thinner. However, even with these issues, I would have rated the set pretty highly had the films remained uncut, but for some strange reason the films appeared to have lost significant footage (esp. "Part Deux") in this set that reduced their value considerably. Therefore, the movies are recommended, but not this set. Get them individually, and have a laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars what the?, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
right this review is about another persons review,, this review in question says that numbr one is in bad taste and they moan at the saddam hussien in part deux,,, mate get a grip it is a comedy its taking the mickey, and also you obviously havnt seen that much comedy such as frankie boyle, roy chubby brown and so on. this is tame as hell... to people that arent pussys buy or atleast watch this film its a classic 5 out of 5 for both films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film, shame I never received it., 9 April 2011
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
Very good films, light hearted easy watching, laughing throughout. Typical Sunday afternoon family films....Shame I never received my copy! I ordered from a company called 'Zoverstocks' which I have used before but the last 2 items I ordered from them I never received. They have said they will refund me...but it is yet to drop into my account! In their defense they promised that my items had been dispatched but never arrived...twice! I think they need a new courier.
Buy the film ...just be careful who you buy it from.

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit primitive, 6 May 2010
J. Tiegel "JoTi" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
the story and the gags are just simply a bit too primitive - the first one had more class that sense

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely unawesome, 29 Jan 2010
Rafee Shahin (Burgess Hill, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
Very pleased with the picture quality, and the delivery time period. It arrived far quicker than I realised, just found it lying on my bed!
But what let me down is that one of my favourite scenes had been deleted. The limo and sex scene are the most memorable, and halarious by far in comparison to the others. Very displeased, don't buy this item, just wait until it's on TV or pop down a shop that sells second hand DVD's such as Blockbuster. An awesome DVD, made unawesome just because a few scenes were deleted, what a shame...

5.0 out of 5 stars top film, 31 Dec 2009
Mr. R. Barnes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
if you love charlie sheen,then this is for you, all the laughs and more,top quality, fast delivery, 5************

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant films but Missing scenes, 28 Sep 2008
D. R. Yuill-kirkwood "Welcome To City17" (Jupiter Station) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
Brilliant films, easily two of my favourites. But this DVD version is disappointment, How Could They Have Cut the Limo scenes...
I thought one of the benefits of DVD was to put more in not take away,

4.0 out of 5 stars hot shots part one and deux, 1 Nov 2007
Paul Tapner (poole dorset england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
a two pack dvd collecting the hot shots movies, two films from the 1990's. in the style of the airplane films, with never ending gags coming thick and fast, the first spoofs top gun. the second spoofs rambo. and both spoof anything else the writers could think of.

If you like this style of comedy then this should appeal. the gags come thick and fast and no matter if one doesn't hit the mark, as there'll be another along in a second. And the first film has one of the best opening title scores ever.

each disc contains the original cinema trailer as the only extra.

I hadn't realised the second film had been cut. the fight scene presumably because the film censors board do not allow shots of that type of weapon in any dvds. Why the limo scene has been lost I can but wonder.

Two fun films in one good pack. and they'd get five stars if it wasn't for those cuts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good good, 12 May 2003
Tea Tango (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
I must admit, as a teen i would be expected to bad mouth this movie, but its still funny after all these years.
Highly recommended for a good laugh, which you can watch over and over and over again and still laugh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy masterpiece. One of my favourite., 14 Aug 2001
This review is from: Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
This movies may be somewhat dangerous, if you have some food in your mouth when you watch them! The two parts are great, especially the second one. When I watched them, I almost fall to the floor from laughter and my eyes got dim of tears. Charlie Sheen is at his best here. There are some parody like parts resembling other movies like "Star Wars" and many more. Truly a must have! Enjoy!

Hot Shots & Hot Shots Part Deux! [DVD] [1993]