4.0 out of 5 stars Feeder- Good Album-Great Band!
Published on 12 Mar 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not their best
umm what can i say, right feeder and especially grant take notice! Good album and their are some good tracks like the well known buck rogers but what has happened. Tou seem to be becomin a pop based oh lets sell alot of albums band not the Feeder of old. Every one is prasing grant for his new found hard man of rock image but it is not reflected in the music. Get back to...
Published on 29 April 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Feeder- Good Album-Great Band!, 12 Mar 2002
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Feeder for ages. Before 'Swim'{Blue} and I may be sticking my neck out when I say this is my least favourite album from my favourite band. But why 5 stars then? Because Feeder are/ were (present tragedies and situation addressed R.I.P sticks-man and legend Jon Lee) still one of Britains most under-rated and hard working bands and it is still a great album. Just not the best.
'Echo Park' kicks off with a quirky intro 'Standing..' and lulls the casual listener into a false sense of security in a tune reminiscent of the 'Eels' before a snarling sample heavy non-chorus blasts out your equilibrium.
'Buck Rogers' possibly the most immediate and infamous Feeder track is still misunderstood and is a terrific power pop anthem. For the last time it is not about cars, lemons or c'd bloomin' players. It's about jealousy and triumph over adversity.
'Piece by Piece', breathtaking no more no less.
'Seven days in the Sun' good time Feeder and chart friendly. Only on 'Choke' and 'Bug' do we get to the dirty Feeder so promised by 'Bubblehead' (Yesterday secret track).
The problem isn't with the songs as such, or even the band, it's that this album is almost too over produced. Grant is a phenomenal producer (most singles, most albums) in his own right and the conflict I expect he encountered with both Gil Norton and the label is evident. At times the album sounds like vintage Feeder at others it's almost as if they've been forced to deliver some filler tracks to appease the middle ground.
Feeder influences have never been private, such as the police, the smashing pumpkins, husker-du and of course Grant's love of hip-hop, and all are present and correct.
For a truly great live band with an enormous loyal and proud fan-base this album will probably sit as most listeners second favorite with the favorite subject to many a late night debate. All in all a good album from a great band, who can write quality tunes. Check out back cat c'ds as there are some true gems to be found. 'Just a day' was in fact a b-side to 'Seven Days'. I Hope that even after the untimely death of Jon Lee the Grant and Taka continue the Feeder tradition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my favourite album..., 2 Jun 2004
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
...And it always will be...unless Feeder decides to release something better.
This is a rare thing indeed. Mainly because I like all the tracks on it. Other CDs I own I always have some sort of issue with the "filler" tracks on it. This one I like every last one.
Standing on the Edge, Buck Rodgers, Seven Days in the Sun, Choke, Tell all Your Friends, Under the Weather and Bug are good songs to jump and thrash your head about to.
Piece by Piece, We Can't Rewind, Turn, Oxygen and Satellite News are equally good as slower, mellower sounds.
I always loved this album for the good mix it provides. Some songs will make you feel good; others on it will make you feel slightly sad. Some will make you dance about like a madman, others are calm and contemplative. Feeder was pigeon holed (In Grant Nicholas' own word) as a "Comedy Rock Band" category. Don't make that same mistake. They are capable of far more than "Relying on a rhyming dictionary"!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!- Feeder rock my world!, 4 July 2005
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
Just how great is this album, I am now an official Feeder fan! I started liking them after after I bought their song 'Feeling a moment'. But I also loved some of their older songs which I had heard which were 'Buck Rogers' and 'Seven days in the sun'.
So I went out and bought Echo Park and I am totally HOOKED! I love it and it is the only album out of my huge collection of CD's which I actually listen to all the songs on. It has a mixture of loud songs i.e. Buck Rogers, Seven days in the sun, standing on the edge, choke, tell all your friends and bug and the slower ballad type songs i.e. Piece by piece, oxygen, satellite news, we can't rewind etc. I always listen to it in the car, in my room when i'm chillin out and I always have the songs in my head!! Jon Lee will never be forgotten as his brilliant drum playing lives on this album along with Grant's fantastic voice, which sounds great in whatever songs he sings.
I have now bought their other albums and they are now one of my favourite bands. I would recommend Echo Park to everyone so GO OUT AND BUY IT NOW!! It now lives in my CD player, I would give it 1 million stars if I could! So go out and treat yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 Oct 2002
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
Yet another fine effort from Feeder. The album brings Feeder into the mainstream spotlight, which some Feeder fans critisise. However, this is not nescessarily a bad thing. Feeder have developed and grown as a band since their debut album "Swim". This is reflected in Echo Park. The album contains many high quality songs such as the chill-out and meloncholic ballad Piece By Piece, the jump up and down Seven Days In The Sun and Buck Rogers and other catchy tunes such as Satellite News, Turn and my personal favourite Tell All Your Friends. I thoroughly enjoyed the album apart for the opening track Standing On The Edge. Musically brilliant but lyrically the album is restricted but one thing that can be said about this album is that its not one-dimensional. Every track differs and stands out in its own right. This in my opinion is probably Feeders best album to date. This album caterpults Feeder amongst the greatest bands in Britain after a long time waiting in the shadows(and deservedly so). R.I.P. Jon Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking the train of youth back home again...., 30 Jan 2002
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
This is the album that really brought me and many others to the wonderful band that is Feeder. Despite being around for some time now 'Echo Park' is the one that has got them most recognition for their efforts. All I can say is it is a great album
Echo Park contains the two singles 'Buck Rogers' and 'Seven Days in the Sun', which will be the most recognisable for fans and non-fans alike . The album contains a good variety of softer songs, like 'Tell all your Friends' and 'We can't Rewind'.but some of the other songs like 'Bug' 'Under the Weather' and 'Choke'are much heavier, but just as good. I can honestly say that there was not one song that I really did not like. There will also be something here for anyone, another good point that it is not all hard rock, and all sorts of people can listen in and enjoy it. A truely great selection of songs!
All in all it ammounts to 12 songs, each around 3-4 mins, so lasting a total of three quarters of an hour. All are really good songs, and I can say for me there was not a single song that I did not enjoy. My personal favourites were the first single Buck Rogers, also We Can't Rewind and Choke. All were good quality songs with meaningful words, well sung by lead singer Grant Nicholas who also plays lead guitar and songwriter. For me Echo Park shows Feeders musical quality. Nice one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody fantastic!!, 29 Mar 2003
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
Right well i am just on ,y way to town to buy the polythene album and yesterday went too soon if i can from virgin. But what led me to crave for these album,s well the fact that Echo park is such an awesome album, i mean have u ever heard feeder sing badly..no! i bought comfort in sound because i was a fan of come back around and just the way, i listened to the album moved by Grant's words, when a friend offered to let me borrow echo park i nearly snatched it out of his hands and was straight down to buy it when i heard it!
This album offers rock ballads and busting riffs, with the song piece by piece carrying the emotions that child in you carries from their new album (CIS)it is any wonder Grant has had so much attention of date for his brilliant talent, with Jon Lee still on this album the drums are brilliant but after having the album for two weeks i still cant take it out of my CD player, walking around school singing just a day to myself!
what a cracker!!
5 stars - i would give it 6!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeder continue rise to the top, 3 May 2001
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
Not including Swim this is Feeder's third album proper. It is well documented that at this stage at a bands life-span they either flop or begin a rise to the top - Feeder have managed to achieve the latter. This is an album of non-stop Power Rock/pop songs and will get even the more stationary fans jumping up and down. Songs like Buck Rogers (the huge top 5 hit), Seven Days In The Sun, We Can't Rewind and Under The Weather show the band aren't trying anything especially new but just getting better at a tried and tested formula. The Fans will love it and those new to the band will become fans. It is also fresh to see a rock band like this in the charts and not a band caving in to the 'new indie' which bands such as Coldplay, Travis and sadly the Stereophonics now represent. They deserve their success and if they continue to produce songs of this quality then it can't be long before they top the charts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 31 Mar 2003
Mr. J. R. F. Richards "mongreldracomancer" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
Upon hearing Feeder's recent elements in the charts, such as "Just the Way I'm Feeling" and "Come Back Around", I purchased their newest album, "Comfort In Sound".
Being impressed with this, I got "Echo Park" to see if their musical standards have been constant.
I was not disappointed.
Track after track of excellent music. With powerful music such as the emotion found in "Standing on the Edge" and "Tell All Your Friends", to the more melodic, relaxed and somewhat emotionally 'cooler' tracks like "Oxygen" and "Satellite News".
To walk you through the album;
"Standing on the Edge" starts with background noise leading to a nice bass beat and heartfelt lyrics. 'When you're all by yourself, standing on the edge of the world / Take a look at yourself, don't fall back in'
"Buck Rogers" is the famous, "He's got a brand new car, Looks like a jaguar, It's got leather seats, It's got a CD player player player player player player player player.......". Good song, great for a bit of cheering up.
"Piece by Piece" is a sudden change of pace. It starts with 'walking' tones, with depressed lyrics, quite emotional, but with a nice beat in the background and a reassuring chorus.
"Seven Days in the Sun" is a contrast to the gloominess of the previous track. Upbeat and fun. Listen to the lyrics here - a real laugh, especially the second verse. Made me open my eyes the first time, I thought I heard what he said and I did!
The rest of the album continues along similar standards of excellence, I won't spoil it all for you, but I suggest buying it for yourself - I haven't regretted it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Feeder power pop-or is it indie rock?, 27 July 2001
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
Feeder are one of those bands who can never quite decide what they want to sound like. Are they Britpop? Indie Rock? Pop-Metal (quite frankly, thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I dont think pop-metal even exists!). Does it really matter? I really hate people who try to pigeonhole bands, this album rocks and thats the bottom line. Grant throws his usual (way) post-teen hissyfits in the form of the cracking Under the Weather (Shutup, give me Nurofen plus is now my new catchphrase) and Bug. That lad really knows how to bitch and moan. Then theres more post-teen angst in the slow and lovely forms of the wonderfully soulful Piece by Piece- Grant seems to have a complex about getting old :-D. And of course, theres your typical silly lyrics, bouncy tunes and general daftness in the form of crowd fave Buck, 7 days and Tell All Your Friends. So they happen to be cute and probably couldnt even take the skinny Tim Wheeler in fight, they arent instrument smashing, hotel room trashing, crack smoking and your-mum-would-hate-them rock stars, but who cares apart from those close minded idiots who suggest that you cant be a proper rocker if you dont spend your time beating people up. A rock band who work hard- what a revelation! Feeder kick ass (even if not in a literal way) and don't you let any stuffy critics tell you otherwise ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is FOR YOU, rock/punk/indie..., 10 Feb 2002
This review is from: Echo Park (Audio CD)
i loved this album. It was really great to listen too. One minute ur up on ur feet dancing- the next ur sitting thinking. I dont think this album lacks 'cohesiveness' at all, i think the changes from one style to another works really well. And whats the problem with 'Buck Rogers' and 'Seven days in the sun' being there just to be 'big singles' Feeder hadn't got the recognition they deserved until this album and they do really deserve it. And i think now, (after the sad death of drummer Jon Lee) it is even more important people listen to this album and see what amazing artists feeder are. Whether its rock/punk/indie ur into, this album is FOR YOU.

Echo Park
Echo Park by Feeder (Audio CD - 2001)