4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it
It may not be everyones cup of tea, and yes it's a bit of a chick flick, but I loved this. One of those romantic, dreamy comedy/dramas that is so easy to watch, although at the end there is an unexpected twist. It's escapism, set in a perfect Cotswold village with immaculatly dressed, attractive characters. The storyline may be a bit far fetched, with the gorgeous Andi...
Published on 29 Mar 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Kenny Doughtys naked gluteus maximi
And on that respect it delivers. Other than that this film is ok. I didn't hate it. The acting is good. It's a little sad in places.
Published 1 month ago by BigAl82

3.0 out of 5 stars Devonshire lass, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Crush [DVD] (DVD)
Love all 3 actresses, but this film didn't quite do it for me... don't know why, as the storyline was fairly good, but possibly could have been deeper..... the spark was missing... shame, as these 3 actresses first class normally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crush, 19 Jun 2011
Delores "muses2" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crush [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Just watched this film as I bought it on video at a local charity shop three weeks ago for 50p. Not being able to sleep, 6.30 in the morning I decided to watch it and glad I did. It made me laugh, cry laugh cry and laugh again. There is tragedy (definitely not expected!) and comedic moments made more funny because of the three very good actresses playing the characters. The cover says a fab 'chick flick' and for once I could not agree more. Loved it so much I am now going to buy it on DVD,(used of course). Watch and loan it to your friends. I guarantee not a dry eye in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, funny, light, 20 April 2009
B. M. Walker - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crush [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
If you're looking for well written, with excellent characters and a parallel type story construction to say Four Weddings, here it is.
Andie McDowell plays it so well, Anna Chancellor steals the show and Imelda Staunton fills in the rest.
I'm going now just get on your keyboard and order it - you WONT regret it !!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the worst 'British' film ever..., 13 Dec 2008
K. Hannay "kh014u5746" (yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crush [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
The only thing I can say for this is that it is not as bad as 'Death At A Funeral' or whatever the last great 'Four Weddings And A Funeral' rip-off was called. What is it with this genre of British film? Andie MacDowell seems to spend more of her life in ancient English churches than the Archbishop of Canterbury. If you think referring to an 'organ' is funny you may laugh once and watch it 'til the end but you'll feel hollow and used in the morning.

2.0 out of 5 stars This made me so angry!, 14 Aug 2007
DebB (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crush [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Yes this is a chick lit film. Yes its a story of female friendship and the importance of friends. Yes the friendship survives the trauma - but, but but. That poor man! She is ashamed of him, hides the relationship from most people, doesn't defend him, and then, when - I won't spoil it - the bad thing happens - she continues to deny him, and I imagine, will for ever more. More than that, the friends who destroy what she had are still her bosom buddies at the end. Well shame on her. I was annoyed with myself for watching to the end - but then I kept assuming she'd come through, show a little honesty, take a position - I love this man so sod the lot of you would have done me!
A minor point - Ms McDowell is not the world's best actress - she does pretty well here but there are a few times when her lines fall so flat - Anna Chancellor and Imelda Staunton (and wossisname - you see even I haven't remembered who he is!) are great. In fact wossisname (wasn't he the big brother in Billy Elliott) is brill - what 40+ year old wouldn't want him!

2.0 out of 5 stars crush, 29 Jan 2012
This review is from: Crush [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
boring not a great storyline one of the worst films i have seen in a while. dont waste your time or money chick flick its not.

3.0 out of 5 stars Made in 2001, morals from 1950, 14 Nov 2007
This review is from: Crush [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I had to look at the back of the DVD case to check when this film was made, as it was not clear when it was meant to be set. I thought it must be the early eighties judging from the long side split skirts Andie McDowell wore in every scene. She seemed to have a variety of floppy, floaty, nondescript outfits. Why a rebellious sexy young man would be interested in her I don't know. And I agree with DebB - she was a total hypocrite, hiding him away like a shameful secret. And what on earth did she see in her friends? They were unpleasant enough before, but what they do later in the film is truly awful. And yet she takes the view, hey never mind, friendship is what's important. And smoking yourself to death, obviously. The jokes and scenes were unforgivably derivative - it was apparently trying to be a depressing version of four weddings and a funeral. The worst thing though is that although it seemed as if it was meant to be set in the modern day, the characters acted like it was decades ago. A 25 year old with a woman in her forties being portrayed as very subversive and likely to shock the entire village. No-one blinks an eye about Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, quite rightly. To be fair I think this is entertaining enough to watch if (i) you're bored; (ii) you really have nothing else to read/watch/listen to; (iii) you're female (essential).

ARRAY(0xa0bd16c0)

Crush [DVD] [2002]
Crush [DVD] [2002] by John McKay (DVD - 2004)
7.99