5.0 out of 5 stars One of those really great things that are nice to have.
Published on 4 Jun 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget it
This is yet another attempt by the record company to cash in on Talk Talk's back catalogue, so avoid like the plague.
If you want to sample Talk Talk, go for these three albums: It's My Life, The Colour of Spring and Spirit of Eden. Oh yeah, the London Live 1986 is worth having, too.
Published on 7 April 2005 by P. M. Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those really great things that are nice to have., 4 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Remixed (Audio CD)
I'm breaking my own rules here and I'm giving a five star rating to a collection. I tend to only buy album releases and singles. I stray pretty heavily from Best Of..'s or Greatest Hits. I find, often times a good amount of the original intent of an album is lost. It may sound eccentric, and it probably is. I usually like songs that are not hits and never show up on those types of releases anyway. (I have a friend, incidentally, if you think I'm strange or rigid. He only buys a bands debut album.) Anyway, I love this "collection". I have the handsomer Orange and Blue cover that the English version boasts, unlike the cluttered newspaper montage American version. The content is the same, either way. I have a pretty substantial Talk Talk collection, I have all of their albums except their first The Party's Over (my tape of it, purchased in London in the Summer of 1988, has long since withered on a Honda's dashboard in the Californian Sun.)
I like Talk Talk. It would take me ages to hunt down all of these remixes, if they exist at all, and having them housed all together on one shiny CD is a wonderful thing. The truly standout tracks are the two of Such A Shame (a fantastic version of this also exists on the posthumous London 1986 which is a full concert recorded beautifully at Hammersmith Odeon over 15 years ago); Life's What You Make It; the long and winding Happiness Is Easy; Living In Another World; and of course, the early 80's smash hit Talk Talk, which I assume they've named themselves after. I do know that the first, premixed version of the song Talk Talk was put to record back in 1977 when lead singer Mark Hollis' older brother Ed Hollis (of Eddie and the Hot Rods) produced a compilation album of the up-n-coming punk acts. Mark Hollis band then was called The Reaction and they had two songs under their slim belts, Talk Talk and Talk Talk Talk Talk. That was a longtime ago.
The fact that Talk Talk emerged as part of that forgettable Neo-Romantics period in music when things were getting goofier by the minute, and then progressed progressively right at the peak of their prowess, meaning, just when they were getting good, they turned around and got much much better and shunned the music industry and tried their hardest not to have a hit single because they were so progressive they wanted a hit album. They succeeded on both counts. They had two very interesting, classic sounding albums and then quickly broke up. Nobody knew. I knew, simply by chance, as a young teenager, I was snatching up any record I could find by this band and ended up with the good ones without even knowing it. It's nice, therefore, that their is an album like this, this set of remixes, to remind us of what they ran from.
Where was this release when I was 15?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff, 19 Feb 2014
This one took me back a few years, and reminded me just what a brilliant band 'Talk Talk' were, especially their later works, some of which are in remixed form here. Would highly recommend to all fans of the band if they don't already have these remixes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff!, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Remixed (Audio CD)
An absolute gem of a compilation! One of my favourite bands of the 80's with their most brilliant tracks remixed well and cleverly too! Nostalgic and fun at the same time! A must buy for fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for any 80s music fan!, 27 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Remixed (Audio CD)
Where do I start with Talk Talk? One of the most obscure bands i've come across, but one of the most underrated.
I first came across a couple of there songs on the "Greatest hits of the 80s" compilations, and i've loved there music ever since.
The remix album is a collection of there best songs...well remixed! My personal favourites are the two "Such a shame", "It's my life" (No doubts version wasn't that bad either!), "Dum dum girl" and "Today". If you are a Talk Talk fan reading this - buy it straight away, and even if your an 80s music fan, you must discover Talk Talk. Start it by buying this NOW!

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget it, 7 April 2005
This review is from: Remixed (Audio CD)
But avoid these rubbish remix albums at all costs - all were released without permission of the band - and buy the music as the band intended you to here it - in other words the original albums.
The first album, The Party's Over, is very poppy and dates from when EMI tried to turn them into a second Duran Duran. It's one for fanatics only, but the others are some of the most sublime music you'll ever hear.
You can tell I'm a lifelong Talk Talk fan, can't you?

Remixed
Remixed by Talk Talk (Audio CD - 2001)