Format: Audio CDChange

'Hard Promises' is one of Pettys most underrated albums. It is often overlooked in favour of his earlier work or his mega successful later output, but this album has it's own sound and some great tracks. 'Waiting' is one of the most well known from this album and it really is an amazing track, but tracks like 'Woman in Love (it's not me)' are just as powerful and the lyrics of this particular track are just awesome. The Stevie Nicks duet 'Insider' is a brilliant listen and sits perfectly in the middle of this album. This isn't always the first album I go to when I want a hit of Petty, but at the right time and place it is just superb to put on and soak up. Worth a listen, not essential Petty, but definitely one to add to your collection as you're finding those last gems.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 5 December 2001
The track 'Insider' with Stevie Nicks alone makes this album worth buying.
Quite defiant in tone TP's lyrics cover people on the edge of life, love and loneliness but without getting maudlin about it. A good slam the door on the world and crank up the volume album with a satisfying beat.
on 11 February 2014
I bought this for my hubby as a he already had this on LP and he was playing it one night and said he wouldn't mind getting it on CD. He was delighted when he recieved it. I would definately recommend to anyone.
on 18 May 2013
A great early album from Tom Petty, THE WAITING is superb, nice to hear Stevie Nicks joining in. Well worth a listen, a MUST for any T. P. fan.
on 1 July 2013
A great album, with music that is melodic and often moody in a rock sense. Petty is great again on this definitive collection of his songs!
on 18 May 2014
Replacing old vinyl. Still stands up well. A good Rock album by one of the best rock bands ever. Brilliant
on 30 June 2013
Perfection. I brought this album on vinyl back in the 80's when it 1st came out. Needless to say my lp is worn out so the cd is a perfect format to replace it on.
on 2 March 2013
Having played this album several times to get a feel of it's content I'm totally hooked. Don't underestimate this album . It is very very good.!!
on 5 June 2012
Love this band and the history that goes with it....kinda like my own history with my band, its a hard road to travel!
on 2 July 2014