Buster Keaton - Vol. 1 [DVD]
Format: DVDChange
Price:£14.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 8 December 2001
Although both these movies are nearly 80 years old they stand the test of time and are as fresh to watch as when they were first released. In 'Our Hospitality' Buster Keaton comes up with the goods yet again. Starring alongside his wife Natalie Talmadge, Keaton produces a film very similar in mood, but, not in story, to 'The General'. set in the 1830's, it tells the story of a feud between two families, it's filled with Keaton's trademark stunts, all performed by the man himself, including one in a river scene that nearly killed him for real. Also, watch for the stunning sequence at the waterfall, all done with no camera tricks or modern technology, which makes it all the more amazing.
However, in 'Sherlock Jr' there are camera tricks galore and they are simply amazing when you consider when the movie was made. This a marvellous movie, full of laughs and stunts, I would say that this is on par with 'The General' and a complete pleasure to watch over and over.
Buster Keaton produced some of the finest movies ever and it astounds me that it is Charlie Chaplin who is the more well known silent comic as Chaplin couldn't hold a candle to this guy. I've been a fan since I was 12 years old and now my 11 year old daughter loves to watch his movies too, he really is that good.
If you love these movies as much as I do then get hold of Buster's biography on video, 'A hard act to follow.' A fitting tribute to the master.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 9 December 2003
If there is anyone looking for their first Buster Keaton DVD
to buy,this is it.For me,these are the best two Buster Keaton movies.
Our Hospitality features a great train journey and wonderful sight gags.
Sherlock jnr is even better.Although only 44 mins long,the special effects for the time are so well done.This is a 1924 film
and it's inventiveness as Keaton,playing a cinema projectionist who enters the film he is showing ,is brilliant.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again