Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£63.56+ £1.26 shipping

on 4 February 2001
The second album to emerge from Ed Rush & Optical is everything we'd been expecting and more. 'Wormhole' was a classic album and without a shadow of a doubt 'The Creeps' is set to follow in its footsteps. Right from the top as Ryme Tyme introduces the album and its thundering basslines and contorted beats, you just know that this LP is gonna flow from start to finish with that irresistable viral funk. The energy levels remain on full throughout, with the duo's deft hand keeping a tight grip on the melodic and rythmical drama that unfolds and you can just sense every track interlocking so sweetly. This album is produced as well as any other drum & bass album you'll hear in 2001 and is packed full of grooves to hook you on every track. Saying you can't do without it may sound cliched but in this case is completely justified.
on 27 February 2001
It's only when you get to the mix CD that it really hits home. Then the booming title track slides into the bleepy lunacy of "Flightpath", which gives way to the Ryme Tyme-led "Resurrection", which is thrown to the side by "Reach Out", which accelerates into "Syringe", which gets knocked out of the road by the percussive barrage of "Check-out Time". And you realise that you haven't yet heard anything that wouldn't tear a dancefloor to shreds given half the chance. Where "Wormhole" was slightly po-faced and over-technical, "The Creeps" seems so much more alive, almost gleeful at times. Sure, there are a couple of tracks ("White Lightning", "Rock Tha House") that don't go anywhere much...but the rest is everything that you've come to expect from Ed Rush and Optical, yet amplified and expanded, twisted and off-kilter. It's a marvellous thing.
on 17 May 2015
With Wormhole, as a benchmark, Creeps would have to be something, really special, it's in the virus style, that we all like, dark, and rolling. It gives u a taste of where Ed Rush and Optical are going, I like it, not as good as Wormhole.
on 6 January 2001
A really good album that has some of the darkest tunes you will hear at the moment, with vocals from rhyme time to finish it off.
on 15 May 2001
The masters of Dark Drum & Bass return with "The Creeps", 2 wicked CDs with recent choons by the Duo.
Having bought Roni Size & Reprazent's "In the Mode" a little while ago, and being deeply disappointed, "The Creeps" was my cure. The tracks are Dark Drum & Bass with a sci-fi theme, even the Cd case is styled like an old-time Sci-Fi movie.
The analogue basslines like those in "The Medicine" and "Alien Girl" are gone, and replaced by deep dark floor shakin' mayhem. And the beats are pumpin and rich in bass. Their use of Fx and ambience to create eerie alien atmospheres is ingenious. My favorite tune right now is "Flightpath". And "White Lightning", "Ressurection", "Pacman", "The Creeps" and "Check out Time" are also ones that won't grow old quick. I have a feeling that DnB will evolve with Ed Rush & Optical, a lot of Producers had followed the LTJ Bukem style with Booming Basslines (really just a 303 drum kick played low). There's not one track that I don't like. They do special stuff with the vocals too, I think that an MC over a track just bare like that isn't that good, but they have changed up the vocals to make them sound futuristic, alien and evil. Words of warning; don't buy "In the Mode" by Roni Size & Reprazent, & avoid their song - "Dirty Beats" at all costs. But if you like true Drum & Bass, get Ed Rush & Optical - The Creeps, you won't be disappointed, look at all these reviews, notice something? They're all 5 stars. We can't all be wrong can we?
on 28 April 2001
Wow! Nothing else need be said. But I will! The anticipation surrounding this one was truly deserved. A stunning peice of cutting edge Drum and Bass with everything you could ever want from a D&B album. The solid, incessant beats(Syringe), driving bass that refuses to let your feet rest(Pacman), delicate electronic melodies floating over the top of a turbulent sea of sound(Flightpath). Mmmmmmmmmm, yummy. Some of the build ups and subsequent breaks in this album are just perfect. Pacman for example switches the emphasis from snare to bass after each break. Subtle, yet oh so effective. I was most pleased to see a level of production that matched the live arena. Too often the production levels of some D&B albums/compilations really let down the tracks but with the Creeps you get a full spectrum of frequencies from high to low, losing no sound reproduction and a fuller, more enriched sound. The second, mix Cd is my favourite because Ed Rush and Optical get to show some of their true qualities and what makes them forerunners in the scene. Also, the track order is a little different, presumably allowing for a better mix which works really well. Kerb Crawler, one of the two extra tracks on the second CD is stunning but the other, Bleep Bleep does nothing for me. It's the only track that I can't listen to and I find myself skipping past it more often than not. But that's the only criticism I have of the whole album. The mix of The Creeps into Flightpath is seamless and technically excellent as it is throughout the album, giving the impression of a journey rather just listening to music. Very futuristic, very hard, very very good. It just doesn't let you stop for a second. I could go on but I'd end up rambling so I'll leave it there. Buy it! Now!!
on 20 September 2014
I can see that something original was attempted with this, but it still doesn't achieve what great D&B is about, it only steps away from it.

These artists have produced much better than this, so check out their other offerings usually on compilations such as Platinum Breakz or similar.

I'm trying to make my D&B collection complete since starting it in 1993, this one is another one for the bin I'm afraid.

Although it's 'better' than others I've rated one-star, I'd still never play it again so it may as well be one star.
on 12 March 2001
Continuing on from their first album 'Wormhole', this is an absolute classic. The tunes are top notch and the mix CD is superb. I dont know what else to say, other than buy buy buy.....
on 20 March 2001
That is the first thing that came to mind when I put in THE CREEPS and heared "Ressurection". After seeing Optical and MC RYME TYME live when they did a Break(inferno) at AIRPORT I knew that this CD would be the bomb, and I was not disappointed. I don't know about other ED RUSH & OPTICAL fans, but I like fast drum&bass with a pounding bassline, and that is what you get all the way with their new album. It is way better then WORMHOLE and most likely the one of the best drum&bass albums I have ever heared. Don't get me wrong.....WORMHOLE is great, but THE CREEPS just blows it right out of the water! Tracks like "Pacman", "White lightning", "Creeps", "Flightpath" and "Fastline" are just great to listen to, and are played frequently at the clubs I go to. The others are also good; a lot better then most stuff out there. And the mixed CD.... is that great! You really get a taste of how good Ed Rush and Optical really are.
Well, all I can say is that if you like drum&bass that never gets boring and has a bass from hell then this is definetly the CD you should get. ED RUSH & OPTICAL and MC RYME TYME are gods of D&B....
on 25 July 2003
This couldn't satisfy my refined Drum and Bass taste, I had to send it back...
The tracks were insubstantial, not for me...
If you're looking the Dark and 'heavy' stuff, I'd save your hard earned cash!