5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Stoner!!, 7 July 2004
Mr. Simon Moran "moranic" (Carlow, Eire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clouds In The Head (Audio CD)
This is an album Ive had in my collection for 2 years before listening to it. I have to say it grows on you with every listen, each song as a memorable chorus which just wants you to play again and again and again....
From Slowhead, a fast paced number till the end it doesnt let up. The album has fast paced Monster Magnet stoner, and also the more mid-paced Kyuss Stoner. I'd compare them more to the latter. Overrall, its one of the most interesting and addictive Stoner albums Ive heard in a long long time...

4.0 out of 5 stars Sophomore slump?, 9 July 2008
This review is from: Clouds In The Head (Audio CD)
I bought this album upon it's release. By that time I already had "Ten Days Before Summer", Hangnail's first CD - which I hold in high regard. Actually, as one of the best Stoner Metal albums ever made. So, my expectations for this one were very high, and as such I was disappointed. Not that the album is bad... No, by any means. If they hadn't previously unleashed a masterpiece this would be great - but, in truth, "Clouds in the Head" pales in comparison with "10 Days". It seems a rushed job.
It's stil great - faster paced and more of a party feel to it. But "10 days" gets 5 stars, and this one only gets 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little Gem!, 5 July 2006
Amazon Customer "Old Man" (The Valleys of The West) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clouds In The Head (Audio CD)
This album is a secret amongst the British stoner fraternity.

It is very tight. Soaring choruses, meaty hooks and catchy lyrics - including some great cheesy ones; "I'm solar powered, I swear your recharging me" and "there's a girl over there and I think that she's bad for my health"! Classic stuff!

Very much in the Monster Magnet/Kyuss style but cleaner and with more powerful vocals.

The band have had a chance to play alongside the British stoner and doom heavyweights, Electric Wizard and Orange Goblin. They are all on the same record label - Rise Above.

Clouds In The Head
Clouds In The Head by Hangnail (Audio CD - 2001)