5.0 out of 5 stars Aquarium-Based Adventure Series
You wouldn't think it would be possible to imbue a puppet series with all the flamboyant colour and camp of the 1960's - yet here it is.

'Stingray' is gloriously of its time. A deliciously CGI-free world of deep-sea despots, mechanical war-fish, relentless xenophobia and populist rough justice.
It's the completely believable adventures of the...
Published on 4 Mar 2009 by Paul Ess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Region All Coding Incorrect
Stingray & Captain Scarlet advertised as "region all" which is also printed on the packaging. The items will not play my U.S. DVD Player due to region incompatibility. Buyer Beware!!!

Stingray - Complete Boxset [DVD] [1964]Captain Scarlet - Complete Series Box Set [DVD] [1967]
Published on 12 Feb 2012 by acanthusman

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars stand by for action!, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
what can i say, bought this for the husband and he has been watching it virtually non stop so it cant be too bad. quick delivery and a good price. very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un unforgettable and wonderful puppet TV show, 31 Jan 2011
Stingray - Complete Series [DVD] [1964]

If you have seen this television series in your childhood is a marvellous gift to see it again but if you haven't is a wonderful experience too. This TV show is not only for children. Adults can enjoy very entertaining plots, characters more complex than in previous marionette television series and a remarkable sense of humour. After many years it has been a real rediscovery for me, among other things I have seen this series in colour for the first time. I recommend this TV show because this kind of product is not made nowadays and you and your family will have a wonderful time. A real masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars STINGRAY, 23 Mar 2003
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
What can we say, after nearly 40 years this series has stood the test of time, got it just after christmas and have only just finished the last epoisode, and yes I can remember every one from my childhood, the use of the puppet "Steve Zodiac" as Johnny Swoonara made me wonder if there was any possibility of the release of "Fireball XL5" on D.V.D or even "Supercar" now I really am showing my age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD Boxset for Kids or Big Kids!, 23 Feb 2010
A. Dargue "melvin1979" (Lancashire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
This Stingray boxset is a good buy,with 39 episodes spread over five discs.The adventures of Captain Troy Tempest and the Marineville crew kept me enthralled for hours.The DVD box itself is a little fragile,even if treated with the greatest care,but this is a small quibble.

The special features are also very good,although do tend to fizzle out towards the end of the boxset.The three audio adventures are excellent and a brilliant suprise to those only used to Captain Tempest's tv adventures.

While some of the stories do verge on the positively ridiclous,on the whole the episodes are fun and entertaning to both kids and adults and watching Troy and the crew overcome Titan and X20 once more is not to be missed.

A great DVD boxset that all fans of Stingray or even Supermarination should pick up.Great for little or big kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make children's TV like it anymore, 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
I used to watch this when I was about 5 or 6 and even had the toy Stingray submarine and Tempest and Marina figures.
It went largely forgotten in my mind until six months ago when I watched a few episodes on the sci-fi channel and became hooked. My boyfriend surprised me with the DVD boxset for christmas and I love it. I've been having mini Stingray marathons ever since.

There is a charm too it you don't get in today's shows aimed for children. Yes the stories can verge on the ridiculous but its entertaining and thats the main thing. It enthralled me as a 6 year old, and it still enthralls me 15 years later.
The three radio broadcasts that were made after the series ended are also included on the boxset which was a fantastic surprise.
It is brilliant value for money for any Stingray or Gerry Anderson fan.

My only flaw with the whole thing is they never got Troy and Marina together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
childhood memories at a good price

5.0 out of 5 stars stingray, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
it was a good purchase, im sure the grand kids will love to see what we watched as children..thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE THRILL OF IT, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
ITS AS I REMEMBER IT THE FIRST TIME I SORE IT IN THE 1960s AS A SMALL LAD. THE IDEA OF REMEMBER THE FUN I HAD THEN.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought as a gift, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
Bought as a gift for my boyfriend, it was delivered quickly and it great condition. He loves it and has already watched the entire box set!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stingray the tv. series from 1964 DVD, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Stingray: The Complete Series [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
Once again i am very pleased with my purchase. Amazon U.K. no problems anytime. i recomend you to everybody i know. Can't beat the price. this brought some of my childhod to my son who enjoys old school, to my suprise as much as me . thank you, wiliam and son.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›