5.0 out of 5 stars SssshhhhhhAGGY!, 24 Jan 2013
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: It Wasn't Me (MP3 Download)
I love how he says his name on record! This has both the clean and not so clean versions of It Wasn't Me, plus an 8+minute recording of Dance And Shout, sampled on the base track of Shake Your Body Down To The Ground, (Michael Jackson). Michael's not actually recorded, but the backing track to his song is what is used throughout the third track on here.

Something of note: the so-called 12" version of It Wasn't Me is rather misnamed. It's a one-second difference in length to the radio edit.

You don't get enough of a listen through here to test songs you may want so I suggest looking on YouTube to get a reasonable listen, especially to Dance And Shout.

Glad to have this trio of tracks back in my collection! Happy sounds is how I'd describe them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great comeback single, 11 Jun 2004
This review is from: It Wasn't Me (Audio CD)
It Wasn't Me is just one of those songs you love at first hearing because of witty lyrics, and soon you get to love the whole thing. I was wondering whether Shaggy will finally end his chart depression with this effort and soon after that this single hit #1 in the UK & US, and deservedly so. He comes up with great songs when he needs to, and this one is certainly his best in the past 10 years (beats Mr. Boombastic and Oh Carolina with ease). The single is OK, I guess, although I always hated those small-window videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER SINGLE!, 3 Mar 2001
This review is from: It Wasn't Me (Audio CD)
People can be heard all over the country, humming this horribly contagous tune everywhere they go. Itis actually surprising how many times we use the phrase 'it wasn't me!' Shaggy picked up on this an has created a really good tune. And as Stargate would say, 'it another sure fire hit'!!! I f you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to toplader dancing in the moonlight, and they created it with Stargate, so at the begginnig of the song it says stargate, another sure fire hit! Listen out for that!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazingly catchy tune and entertaining song, 26 Jan 2001
This review is from: It Wasn't Me (Audio CD)
The song is performed excellently by an amazing artist. The theme of the lyrics is lighthearted and amusing and delivered in such a way as to be inoffensive to all generations. The music is catchy and upbeat and you find when you have heard it once it continues to run through your mind most of the time. When this CD is eventually released I will be one of the first people to purchase it.
Until I heard this song on Capital Radio I had never even heard of Shaggy but I have now read everything I can find about him on the web. I will now ensure that I check his other albums out.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 7 Mar 2001
This review is from: It Wasn't Me (Audio CD)
alright people, who remembers 'oh carolina', and 'mr bombastic'? this record is streets ahead of those, for one simple reason: shaggy hardly sings on it! he makes a cameo appearance, only singing 3 times on the entire record, so we are spared his strange voice. good record though...

It Wasn't Me
It Wasn't Me by Shaggy (Audio CD - 2004)
Click for more info