on 8 May 2001
I remember watching "Danager Mouse" in the 80s on Nickelodeon here in the states. Really was exciting to be able to rewatch it again. Now that I'm an adult, I now caught most of the humour that would get my parents going into a good chuckle while my brothers and I were watching the programme on saturday mornings.
The disk does have a couple of extras, like cast of the characters in Danager Mouse and a eposide of "Count Duckula" was a nice touch. I can't wait until volume 2 comes out!
on 9 March 2001
Danger Mouse has to be the best ever British cartoon of all time, and is fully deserving of a DVD release! Remembering my early childhood, I enjoyed the stories and the characters, but you have to be an adult to appreciate the crazy plots and the witty dialogue which flew over my head at the time! Buying this DVD has to be one of the best purchases ever made, as it is packed with six great stories which kept me entertained. With a great cast of actors providing great voices (David Jason provides the voice of the title character but is wonderfully over-the-top as Colonel K and the narrator!), this is the DVD to re-capture your lost youth!
on 12 March 2004
I can't believe this series is available on DVD because it is as much part of my early childhood as anything can be. Back in the days there was a show for kids on German television that combined short films and series such as The Three Stooges and Danger Mouse. It was great for kids whereas today every kids' show is one long, violent and stupid TV ad. I guess it is a little different in Britain since the few British productions that make it to German television are still light years ahead of the stuff that is produced by German television stations.
However, it's great that one can buy this series on DVD now and I guess I have no choice but to do it!
on 14 May 2009
Cosgrove Hall's early eighties masterpiece is as good as you remember, nearly 30 years on. The heroic one-eyed rodent and his geeky hamster assistant, Penfold, fight crime from their base of operations; a post box in Baker Street, as directed by their enigmatic chief 'Colonel K', a bluff old salt of a chinchilla, in the mould of James Bond's 'M'. DM's arch enemy is the toad 'Baron Greenback', and his two dozy crow sidekicks 'Stiletto' and 'Leatherhead' continually concoct nasty schemes to conquer the world and dispose of Dangermouse.
With fairly cheap animation and voice overs from the likes of David Jason (DM), Terry Scott (Penfold), and Edward Kelsey (Greenback/Colonel K), this could have been poor, but the zany - and often surreal - humour and charming characters ensure instead that it is top-class entertainment.
on 2 November 2003
The DVD is a great way to preserve my favourite cartoon of my childhood! I love it, the only problem I have with it is that they could of remasted the video footage and made it better quality for DVD, but the special features and the cartoons make up for this. I reccomend this DVD to anyone who remembers watching Danger Mouse as children on parents!
on 8 March 2001
Relive one of the best cartoons to ever come out of the 1980's. This DVD release of Dangermouse is fantastically presented and even has the original Thames TV logo - marvelous.
on 16 September 2013
Absolutely love this. Bought it for my partner and he is 32, He loves it. Brings back a lot of memories of when we were younger. Great for any Danger Mouse any fan.
on 19 December 2010
Bought this after searching for some non-war type cartoon. That society is throwing at our kids right now!

Think they have really thought the storylines etc through and poor penfold is fabulously funny.

Delivery is fantastic and I am very happy.

Definately reccommend.
on 11 March 2015
Didn't take much notice of it when my children watched it when it was on the television. Have now watched it with my grandchildren and thought it was funny and entertaining. The grandchildren aged five and seven love it, so it was well worth buying.
on 15 November 2011
What can I say? I loved Danger Mouse when I was young, and it still has the ability to entertain now. We've enjoyed introducing our 5 year old to one of our favourite tv programmes and are delighted that she loves it too! Fun for all the family.