5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from my childhood past
I remember watching "Danager Mouse" in the 80s on Nickelodeon here in the states. Really was exciting to be able to rewatch it again. Now that I'm an adult, I now caught most of the humour that would get my parents going into a good chuckle while my brothers and I were watching the programme on saturday mornings.
The disk does have a couple of extras,...
Published on 8 May 2001 by jpjackso@uark.edu

3.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Liasons.
I love this series, the voices are ace and the characters scream the irony and sarcasm of James Bond, but in a restrained more appetising to the child way!
Published 13 months ago by Mr. T. W. Mccartney

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from my childhood past, 8 May 2001
jpjackso@uark.edu (Fayetteville, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD] (DVD)
The disk does have a couple of extras, like cast of the characters in Danager Mouse and a eposide of "Count Duckula" was a nice touch. I can't wait until volume 2 comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crumbs! Danger Mouse is back!, 9 Mar. 2001
Lee David Glover (Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD] (DVD)
Danger Mouse has to be the best ever British cartoon of all time, and is fully deserving of a DVD release! Remembering my early childhood, I enjoyed the stories and the characters, but you have to be an adult to appreciate the crazy plots and the witty dialogue which flew over my head at the time! Buying this DVD has to be one of the best purchases ever made, as it is packed with six great stories which kept me entertained. With a great cast of actors providing great voices (David Jason provides the voice of the title character but is wonderfully over-the-top as Colonel K and the narrator!), this is the DVD to re-capture your lost youth!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brian Cosgrove at his best!, 25 Dec. 2002
This is by far the funniest collection of Danger Mouse episodes out of the 5 DVDs available.
Featuring the amazing vocal talent of the one and only David Jason (starring most memorably in Open All Hours, Only Fools and Horses, Darling buds of May, Count Duckula, A Touch of Frost and more) as Danger Mouse and other characters, supported by Terry Scott as Penfold, this disc really justifies the reason the series was so loved in the 80s.
Only the somewhat semi-professional mastering of this disc lets the overall presetation down, particularly the badly recorded sound. But this hinders not to the viewing quality of the features within. Absolutely amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't hold my tears back, 12 Mar. 2004
Alexander Tapp "some guy" (Berlin in Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD] (DVD)
I can't believe this series is available on DVD because it is as much part of my early childhood as anything can be. Back in the days there was a show for kids on German television that combined short films and series such as The Three Stooges and Danger Mouse. It was great for kids whereas today every kids' show is one long, violent and stupid TV ad. I guess it is a little different in Britain since the few British productions that make it to German television are still light years ahead of the stuff that is produced by German television stations.
However, it's great that one can buy this series on DVD now and I guess I have no choice but to do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The World's Greatest Secret Agent?, 14 July 2002
By A Customer
This video has some classic episodes, including many of my personal favourites, and lasts for just over an hour. Episodes include Long Lost Crown Affair, By George It's A Dragon, Project Moon, Remote Controlled Chaos, Ee-Tea and Journey To The Earth's Cor! Out of all the Dangermouse videos presently available, this has to be the best one! (though a few more wouldn't hurt...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grief!, 6 July 2003
nowster (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Eight adventures, and one hidden feature.
Puns, bad jokes, and various sillinesses... but that's Dangermouse.
The feature is a pilot episode from which "Who stole the Bagpipes" was edited. Notably, in the pilot Dangermouse is not voiced by David Jason, but by William Franklyn. The rest of the voice cast is different -- Penfold has a Welsh accent (actor unknown).
Technically, time has not been kind to the original 16mm films. Some are better quality than the others. They're a little grainy, and a bit of sprocket weave is noticeable occasionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia from 20 years ago :), 10 Jun. 2001
Mike Mee (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
6 Episodes bringing back multitudes of memories from my childhood years. All the favourite characters with excellent voices by David Jason (Dangermouse, Colonel K and Baron Greenback) and Terry Scott (Penfold). Also comes with a small cast of characters on the DVD menu and a small snippet of animation (the best one being Penfold in a crocodiles mouth!). The humour means more now than when it did 20 years ago as I understand a lot more of the digs at other series around at the time. Just plain excellent trip down memory lane!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Ooh-Fiddle!', 14 May 2009
This review is from: Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD] (DVD)
Cosgrove Hall's early eighties masterpiece is as good as you remember, nearly 30 years on. The heroic one-eyed rodent and his geeky hamster assistant, Penfold, fight crime from their base of operations; a post box in Baker Street, as directed by their enigmatic chief 'Colonel K', a bluff old salt of a chinchilla, in the mould of James Bond's 'M'. DM's arch enemy is the toad 'Baron Greenback', and his two dozy crow sidekicks 'Stiletto' and 'Leatherhead' continually concoct nasty schemes to conquer the world and dispose of Dangermouse.
With fairly cheap animation and voice overs from the likes of David Jason (DM), Terry Scott (Penfold), and Edward Kelsey (Greenback/Colonel K), this could have been poor, but the zany - and often surreal - humour and charming characters ensure instead that it is top-class entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for reliving my childhood, 2 Nov. 2003
"zhusain6" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD] (DVD)
The DVD is a great way to preserve my favourite cartoon of my childhood! I love it, the only problem I have with it is that they could of remasted the video footage and made it better quality for DVD, but the special features and the cartoons make up for this. I reccomend this DVD to anyone who remembers watching Danger Mouse as children on parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Cartooning At It's Best, 9 April 2001
danielyoung1035@hotmail.com (United Kingdom, W. Midlands) - See all my reviews
Remember rushing home from school to sit down in front of the TV to watch your favourite kids TV? Then this Dangermouse video will tickle your retro taste buds with humour to make the child inside you laugh and the adult part of you admire the cleverness. A must for any fan of Cult Kids Vids

Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD]
Danger Mouse - Vol. 1 [1981] [DVD] by David Jason (DVD - 2001)