Format: Audio CD|Change

I have never heard a Rock soundtrack to match this one for energy and for being a showcase for a group's talents. This stunning album accompanied the film release in 1979. I still have the vinyl double-album with its colourfull booklet and film-reel lid design inner sleeves!

From the notorious Smothers Brothers performance of 'My Generation' (Keith Moon's explosives caused TVs to momentarily blank out right across the USA!) to a tumultuous 'Won't Get Fooled Again' recorded at Shepperton Studios in June 1978 (Moon's last concert appearance) there are terrific live and studio recordings that compliment the classic studio albums. For the film, the performance of 'Anyway Anywhere Anyhow' was faded out during the instrumental break (emphasis on the mental!), but it is complete on the album, and completely wonderfull. The listener is plunged straight after that into a magnificent powerhouse rendition of 'Young Man Blues'. Believe me, it's exhausting to listen to now, imagine how it must have felt to be in the audience!

This album is just marvellous, and I cannot recommend it enough. God bless The Who!
on 31 August 2009
The Kids Are Alright....The Version Of " Baba O' Riley" On This Masterpiece Is Worth The Price Of 10 Of These CD'S Alone..............The Rest Contains The Core Of The Incredible Film Soundtrack.....And Brilliant Versions Of " My Wife" & " I Can See For Miles" That Were Not In The Movie.....Incredibly Remastered & Repackaged, It Doesn't Get Better Than This!!!....Probably The Greatest Movie Soundtrack Ever Made..........And Probably One Of The Greatest Albums Ever Made!!!....AAAAAAAAAA++++++++++
on 12 March 2014
I bought this album on vinyl in 1979 when the mod revival started following the release of the film Quadrophenia. I still have the original vinyl but needed the CD to take anywhere.
It's an awesome album with a great mix of studio and live recordings.
If you were only going to buy one Who album then this would be my choice, but then you'll fall in love with it and need to add Quadrophenia and Who's Next, you have been warned!!!
on 29 December 2010
Good to hear some classic Who tracks in different formats. A good mix of studio and live performances. My fave track is definately 'A Quick One'
on 3 June 2013
I have this album on vinyl from many years ago. Its great to hear it again on CD. Would recommend it to any fan of the band.
on 22 February 2016
brilliant cd the who at their best highly recommended
on 1 September 2014
This is a great collection of 17 Who tracks,some are live and some are not and I think that combination works really on this CD.Even I was surprised at how good the live tracks are.I also like the way the tracks have been compiled together.This is a great CD with a good track listing.Buy yourself a copy today.
on 4 February 2016
Great cd at a great price.
on 24 October 2015