5.0 out of 5 stars briliant
loved it as good as the first one you can watch it again and again briliant kids love it too
Published 17 months ago by Mrs j l scott

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad
Published on 5 Jan 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad, 5 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This film is awful.I loved the book Mrs Frisby And The Rats Of NIMH.When I saw the film (The Secret Of NIMH) I was pleased with it and it was a worthy adaptation.However,this sequel strays from the formula and wanders into cute,Disney-like territory.The producers probably forgot that NIMH is an actual institution and should be sued for the silly way it was portrayed.The voices are awful but don't blame Eric Idle.He portrayed the voice of the evil Martin but he was the only good thing about the film so don't blame him.The art is worth dumping in the bin too.Don't waste your money on this trash.Even children will probably stick their tongues out at it.I'm not surprised that it was a direct-to-video movie.If it was in cinemas it would be booed right out of them.I am giving it 1 star because I can't give it one half.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok so it wasnt as good as the original.but it kept the kids, 17 Jan 2002
By A Customer
ok, everyone knows that sequels are never as good as their predecesors and this movie is no exception.however, it kept the kids quiet for a good hour or so, i have the original as well as the sequel now. But my two children who are quite young found the first quite scary, this one however, with its gentle plot and easy(ish) on the ears songs were comforting to thier ears. the voices of the characters fitted in with the criteria of the movie-NO BRAIN REQUIRED FUN!! Although this didnt live up to the first and wont win any oscars it gave a hard workin mum time to herself. no complaints here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This ruined my childhood memories of the first film. I knew that, as a sequel, it wouldn't be as good as the first, but I wasn't prepared for just how far they strayed from the original.

As expected the animation was poor - but that goes for most sequels with smaller budgets. The song writer and script writer need strong words though! The plot was silly with frankinstein scientists creating an army of talking animals - and where did the rats that the first film focused on go to? All of a sudden it was 'the mice of thorn valley' not the rats!

I wouldn't buy this if you don't want your experiences of Secret of Nimh tainted!

5.0 out of 5 stars briliant, 17 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as the first 1, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The movie was average, the songs were funny, memorable and enjoyable. The movie was not exciting to watch it was a continuation of the first 1 but I think the storyline of the first one was better. But it was fun for the kids, they found it hilarious therefore it's a 4* but in my opinion it could have been better :)

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it!, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD] (DVD)
It is not as scary as the orginal film/book, which could ahve been quiet frightining for younger children, however this sequel is a lot more like a disney film, with less really scary bit, with quiet a good plotline. Its about mrs frisby's youngest son following in his fathers footsteps really. He hears the mice everyone assumed was dead are actually alive, and he sets out to try and rescue them.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Brilliantly Bad, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I remember enjoying this when I was little. I remember enjoying it a lot. Having not seen it in a few years, I decided to pick it up. 2.99, fair price I guess. Now, did this movie hold up since I was a kid? Hell, yeah.

This was bad, I'll admit. But then again I was never all that interested in the first film. But this was just so bad I couldn't help but enjoy it. This is a movie which you know is just one of those bad animated sequels, but it's one that you'll enjoy. You'll be laughing all the way through this until you get to the finale, which is where it goes insane. Maybe the weirdest twist ever, but a funny one at that.

Go on, pick it up for a laugh. You only live once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming story, 9 Oct 2009
S. Wood (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved "The Secret of Nimh" as a child and now my daughter loves Number2. Great story with lovely songs.

The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD]
The Secret Of Nimh 2 [DVD] by Richard Sparks (DVD - 2001)
5.58