4.0 out of 5 stars Still the best
Anybody who grew up watching Thunderbirds, as I did, will welcome the chance to see this movie version, which runs to 89 mins. The start is as we all remember, the marvellous music by Barry Gray, with slightly amended opening credits. The picture quality is pretty good and of course this being a Cinema release its in full widescreen 2.35:1 ratio (although originally even...
Published on 4 Nov 2006 by S J Buck

3.0 out of 5 stars old skool!
Anyone who grew up loving thunderbirds like me will love this film. It's so quaint and I think it's great. Each character is completely different and I love the idea and the quirkiness of the film!!Awesome!
Published on 28 July 2008 by Ms. F. I. Macdonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopurs of peace - and memories!, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
Having loved Thunderbirds myself as a youngster I got this for our little boy.
He adores it and sits watching it for hours!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Thunderbirds Are GO, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
Bought this for my grandson. The first person to hog the DVD was my son, now in his forties.
He was an avid Tracey Island fan as a child. Eventually it was shared (many times) by the pair of them. Don't know who liked the experience best. The DVD was first class,full of adventure as of old. Now looking for Thunderburd Outfit for the young one. Fortunately we found a new looking Tracey Island with sound, in the attic. In this household it is all "Thunderbirds are go". An impressive buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life as we don't know it..., 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
As a child I loved Thunderbirds and the other fantastic creations from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. Thunderbirds is regarded (and rightly so) as their magnum opus, and the success of the TV show culminated in a spectacular feature film... Thunderbirds are Go!

Although an really an extended TV episode in format, this movie really captures the spirit of space exploration, Sixties optimism and the Thunderbirds TV series itself. The special effects and models still stand up so well today, especially the magnificent Zero X, one of the most spectacular spacecraft ever designed... not to mention the Thunderbird craft themselves.

All the 'cast' are here (except Grandma and Kyrano) and all play a vital role in the rescue of Zero X's flight crew. The Hood is just as nasty and the lovely Lady Penelope and her faithful retainer Parker are on hand in FAB 1 to offer their unique assistance...

The scenes on Mars are brilliant. The Martian Rock Snakes (the 'life as we don't know it') are still really creepy even after 45 years... The MEV was later to play a role in Captain Scarlet and the same Martian landscape was also used to house the Mysteron Complex...

Watching this movie is always a nostalgic trip for me. I first saw it on TV in the mid 1970's and have loved it ever since. Its a great movie to just relax with and wallow in childhood nostalgia... I wish I still had my original Dinky Toys Thunderbird 2 :-(

Sadly at the time this movie was not as bigger hit as was originally hoped, but subsequent TV screenings and later video and DVD releases have proved that Thunderbirds are Go is still a winner.

Although not as good you should also try to track down the sequel, the seldom screened 1968 movie Thunderbird 6, which like Thunderbirds are Go features a plot heavily involving the adventures of Lady Penelope and Alan Tracy...

All in all this is a fantastic movie and a great addition to any Anderson collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this !, 16 Oct 2009
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
I saw some of the series when I was just a kid in the USA, this series retains an excellent storyline and the effects are astounding considering we're talking about 1965 here !!!! I bought this for my kids and its an instant HIT ! The THUNDERBIRDS are most definitely GO !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 10 Sep 2009
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
Excellent choice. Choose it for my 5 year old step son. It kept him quiet for ages. Only thing is I know it word for word now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
Mint Disc, Great Case, Mint Cover, Well Played, Nothing entirely wrong with this DVD, Reason for buying it cos i loved this Film/Series/Show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thunderbirds are Great, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
This movie is exceptional for it's day. Plenty of action and fantastic special effects. Well put together with intricate detail. My wife and absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars best buy, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Thunderbirds Are Go - The Movie [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
Absolutely fab bought as a present for our grandson, and he wanted to see what they old thunderbirds were like, he thinks its fantastic.

3.0 out of 5 stars old skool!, 28 July 2008