5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Transfer!
The Blu-Ray transfer of this movie is astounding. The opening credits appear as if some clean-up is needed, but once the movie starts, this is 1080p all the way. I was amazed that a movie this old could look so good. This is much better than the Criterion DVD version, although the Criterion box set is high-quality. I had bought one of those mega-expensive criterion copies...
Published on 21 May 2011 by JMB

3.0 out of 5 stars NECESSARY ILLUSION
First things first i wasn't a "crying gibbering mess" after watching this film.Nor do i think you will be either.This is not "more dangerous then Ebola" a pathetic cheap comment.Erm...all this show boating and "scariest thing ever" is lame,underselling the movie. Here are a few thoughts.....

1.Pasolini was a cool dude

2.Bloodhounds,violent film...
Published 12 months ago by mister joe

1.0 out of 5 stars The cover is the best bit., 28 Sep 2011
All I can say is I have never been more dissapointed.
Bad acting and just really showing its age.
Yes the subject matter is disturbing but this is just a bad film.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Salo [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Purchased this unusual dvd, because it is old and dated but has a strange story. Seen it years ago but forgot the content, however it is expensive but dont waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, 19 Mar 2013
P. RŲ "Pale Rider" (Trondheim, Norway) - See all my reviews
This movie is kind of beyond the amazon ratingsystem. The stars dosen't fit. I've never seen anything like this and i hated every minute of it. The scene with the old man kissing the boy bride with poo in his mouth was utterly disturbing. The black mess marriage with the sadists dressed up as women were scary. And the torture scenes in the end felt as torture for me too - even tough I was just looking. I regret I ever saw this film. I can't get all the ugly images out of my head.

1.0 out of 5 stars Booooooooo-riiiiiiiiing..., 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: Salo [DVD] (DVD)
So this is supposed to be the depraved shocker-to-end-all-shockers? The most disturbing movie ever? I don't get the hype around this film. I suppose in the mid-1970s it was, but still... The film is looooooong, with long stretches of people spouting all kinds of nonsense interlaced with a lot of naked, young bodies (male and female) and the occasional gory scene (yes, they eat mock poop). There's no real story to speak of and you don't really feel any sympathy for any of the characters. Is it artsy? Guess so, which is probably why the entertainment value is also zero. It's too long, too slow and too boring... Seen it once. Never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars The biggest form of torture was watching this dvd, 31 May 2011
Ms. R. E. Winfield "samroz3" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salo [DVD] (DVD)
As a fan of Marquis de Sade for the fact he explores human depravity and how power corrupts absolutely as well as human preoccupation with the body I was really looking forward to this film - the pleasures of the flesh awaited me. Billed as disturbing and sick I and my bf braced ourselves to be shocked or at the very least titillated to some degree. However, this film was the biggest waste of time ever, the scenes were not shocking only slightly amusing in the least, it was not poignant, and was bizaare rather than intriguing. If it was trying to make a point it could have been made in a far better way, the script and acting lacked vision, and those being tortured had no acting ability. It made torture seem mundane and every day a passing thing, and although I get that as a political point the film could have portrayed it in a far better way. I felt like I had wasted my time and also my money on this pitiful film.

1.0 out of 5 stars Salo, sick, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Salo [DVD] (DVD)
Well, a truly horrible film, well known, infamous and now having watched and binned it I know why. Really not nice at any level

2.0 out of 5 stars ...perversion disguised as art movie, 27 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Salo [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I have seen this movie once and it is the most sickening piece of work ever.
Mant people try to analyze what Passolini wanted to to say with this movie.
Rape, torure, forcing people to eat their own stool.
Sick, sick, sick.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: Salo [DVD] (DVD)
Wanted to learn about Pasolini and was quite curious about this film in particular given its history. A pity that I will never get back the ten minutes I wasted before I fell asleep watching this irrelevant, unerotic, pieced together nonsense. So far away in quality from the fascinating Clockwork Orange. Now, I know about Pasolini. Dont do this to yourself.

1.0 out of 5 stars This film is garbage disguised as art, 5 Sep 2001
Ian R. Wylie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salo [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I was very disappointed indeed after watching this movie. I suggest if you are thinking about this one then pass over it and get a good art movie instead. What a waste of time!

1.0 out of 5 stars Salo, 15 Jan 2013
Well if you believe the hype in the selling advertisement this film should have been a masterpiece. However havin watched many controversial films, I can honestly say this definitely is not worth the price tag even if it was in a half price sale.
It's grainy and a complete failure

ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)

Salo [DVD] [2001]
Salo [DVD] [2001] by Pier Paolo Pasolini (DVD - 2001)
Used & New from: £7.08