1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Romeo & Juliet...sheer class!, 23 Sep 2006
This review is from: Romeo & Juliet (Audio CD)
Having been a big fan of funk and disco since I was about 5 (I'm now 30 - woah, where have those years gone!!!?) I can't believe it's taken all this time to discover the excellence of Alec R Costandinos! All credit to Lenny (someone very special to me, bless him). This album contains just two tracks..back in the day it was popular to release an album with only two tracks to fill up each side and this has got to be THE album that set the trend. Maybe it wasn't the first but it's most certainly the very best you'll ever get! Top quality production..check out Costandinos' other albums from the late 70's..the Sphynx LP is very good, as are the albums he produced for his 'band' Love & Kisses! This guy had a pure talent and his style of disco set the trend for a lot of stuff that was released for many years to come. I listen to this album at least twice a week and along with Meco's 'Wizard Of Oz' makes a great CD for a long car journey to sing along to.

All that's left for me to say is Thank You Lenny for introducing me to Mr Costandino's world :)

Romeo and Juliet
Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev (Audio CD)