5.0 out of 5 stars an all-round excellent album
I was already a jimmy nail fan and loved his part in aufwiedersen pet and his early cd.s were good,but then he got together with mark knopfler (of dire staits fame)to produce this masterpiece of an album. Anybody who likes music with a country flavour and admires the work of dire straits will love this,in my opinion there isn't one bad track on this album.
Published on 4 Dec. 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars good cd
good cd
Published 9 months ago by steve marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars an all-round excellent album, 4 Dec. 2000
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars play play and play, 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
second C.D. I got of jimmy nail really excellent listened to it again and again would recommend this absolutely brill

5.0 out of 5 stars Best to date!, 23 Dec. 2012
GRM (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
First ever review to correct the travesty that is the overall rating, caused by someone complaining about delivery...ie NOT the album itself. I have all available Jimmy Nail recordings, and I love his voice and song writing ability; every song is full of emotion, and delivered perfectly. He seems adept at writing lyrics that are easy to remember, hard to forget, and for me this is the best album from a terrific catalogue. The title track, Big River, is my all-time favourite, and for anyone who lived through the dismantling of Industrial Britain, this will resonate. It is a powerful story that ends with a message of hope and belief...that makes it a song for all time. However, every track is superb, and other listeners will have their own favourites. As said elsewhere, he cannot be easily pigeon-holed, and is not simply another country singer; like a good wine that needs time to mature, the more you listen, the better it gets, and I am always in the mood to sup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under-rated Geordie superstar, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
I used to have the Big River album on a tape years ago, I've just bought it again on Itunes, ok yes I'm a geordie, but its not for that reason that I came back to Jimmy - in my view he's a hugely under-rated artist. Big River ia a great track but the real quality here can be found on "Can't Hold On", "Something that we had" and "Whats The Use". Those 3 songs are the ones I listened to time and time again back in the day so Jimmy if you are reading this, you are a talented musician and I'm sad that nobody spotted it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
Can now add this to my Jimmy Nail Collection, Along with the complete box set of Auf Wiedersehn Pet. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of my all-time favorite albums, not because i'm a massive Jimmy nail ..., 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
This is one of my all-time favorite albums, not because i'm a massive Jimmy nail fan. But because it's music at its best telling so many great stories, mainly sad its true but they remind you of all the mistakes and heartaches that we go through, through lifes tapestry. I personally love it even if it wasn't his most successful album, also takes me back to my working man roots great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars good disc, 5 April 2014
A. Taylorson "cricket-mad" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
the disc was in very good condition. having ordered from this seller before and being very satisfied, I was a little disappointed with the level of wear / damage to the case. however, this does not affect the listening pleasure

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
This CD is fantastic. Every track brilliant!!! Jimmy Nail TOP GUY. TOON ARMY!!!!! This is what you call music. BLACK AND WHITE ARMY! If I could give it 10 stars I would of!!!! AWESOME REAL MUSIC AT ITS BEST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted., 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
This is a very good CD. The words music and singing are top class. It is of sentimental value also as my wife of 56 years came from the North East. The service was also up to the usual very high standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big River, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Big River (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed this album. This one was played on our drive through France and it just grows on you. The obvious standout is Big River but there a plenty of great songs on this album. Recommended.

Big River 96
Big River 96 by Jimmy Nail (Audio CD - 1996)