5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jase!
Published on 6 April 2011 by Jan

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Than The 1st One
Much better than his first album, best track being Careless Talk & Silly Lies. Not the best SAW album by far, but definitely worth a listen.
Published on 29 Nov 2010 by pethead

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jase!, 6 April 2011
Jan (Cape Town, SOuth Africa) - See all my reviews
To me this is the best album released by Jason Donovan. To be honest without the PWL productions i would not have been a fan. It is quite clear that he and Kylie were given the best songs from PWL due to their Neighbours celebrity status back then. Over the years i became fond of his songs and a lot like RSVP and When you come back to me still sounds as fresh as it did back then. The value of this expanded double cd is amazing! All the 12" versions, b-sides (When i get you alone is my favourate b-side ) and booklet makes this a brilliant buy. I got a lot of his stuff from iTunes last year already but it is still great to have such a nicely put together package in physical format.

5.0 out of 5 stars SAW's best album (almost), 31 Dec 2010
Brian Le Flem "Farscape Fan" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
As a major Stock, Aitken, Waterman fan, who owns most albums they've ever done, I can say this is my favorite, along with Donna Summer's 'Another Place and Time'. If it weren't for 'I'm doing fine', this would be a perfect album as every song is fantastic and could quite easily have been singles. My next choice for single would have been 'Careless Talk ...', but they're all great (bar 'I'm doing fine'). Standout track is 'When You Come Back to Me'. If you don't own this and you like SAW's music, do yourself a favor and buy this. You most definitely won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic re-release as always with Edsel..., 21 Sep 2010
dneaeade (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
Their Rick Astley re-releases all drove me nuts already and they kept the re-releases coming. Truly amazing ! Congratulations to EDSEL and their teams.

As a PWL fanatic myself, all I'm waiting now is for EDSEL to start digging Kylie Minogue and Dead or Alive's back catalogue as well : it would be like a dream come true. So Dear Tom Parker, get back to work, please please please...

My only complaint with these Jason Donovan re-releases (both Ten good reasons and Between the lines) is about the content of their booklets, where they often chose to melt the now legendary 80's and 90's sleeve covers with pieces of the vynil centers. Who bloody cares now how the 7 inches or 12 inches center pieces looked like back then : the important thing is to keep the pictures of the original sleeves intact ! You didn't do it on the Rick Astley re-releases and they were top notch : there the record covers were all unobstructed.

Well, let's just say I forgive you because the original Jason Donovan greatest hits album almost pictured them all already, but you've ruined to me a very sexy picture of a Rhythm of the rain record I've never saw before, so please EDSEL guys, never do that again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect reissue with an amazing 28 bonus tracks!, 27 Aug 2012
Mr. D "Mr. D" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is for: Between The Lines (Deluxe 2CD Edition)
This is Jason's follow up to "Ten Good Reasons", which has also been reissued by Edsel (Ten Good Reasons (Deluxe 2CD Edition)). Both reissues are absolutely superb and Edsel/Tom Parker couldn't have done a better job here. Not only do we get the original album, but also an amazing 28 bonus tracks that bring together a comprehensive archive of everything from this period including 12" versions, B-Sides, and remixes. Some tracks were only available on expensive imports or vinyl only and there are also a lot of previously unreleased tracks. There is even a Spanish language version of "Rhythm Of The Rain" which was previously only issued as a promotional single for radio stations in Spain! So, a very thorough job has been done here. The mastering is also an important thing for me and what I noticed on this album and the "Ten Good Reasons" album is that where the old CDs may have rushed the fade on some tracks, here we get a more natural sounding fade which can add a few seconds to some of the tracks. I personally appreciate these type of subtleties, because it shows a respect for the music. All too often these days we get terribly rushed reissues (some of which are shockingly ripped from crackly old vinyl), but here you can tell that a lot of care and consideration has gone into making these top class products. I only wish they had made an extended version of my favourite track: "When I Get You Alone", but alas there never was one (unless one lurks in the vaults somewhere). I try my best to give a balanced review and I really searched here for something negative to say, but really I can't find any fault here at all, so if I could give this more than 5 stars I would. Highly recommended, in fact, I would say essential.

By the way, I have also reviewed: Ten Good Reasons (Deluxe 2CD Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pop album!Good moments!, 21 July 2003
Estrelinha da Manhã (Portalegre, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Between the Lines (Audio CD)
STOCK, AITKEN and WATERMAN produced this wonderful album back in 1989/1990.JASON gave all his talent to this production together with a good promotion and radio and tv airtime to make this album a big hit, with many hit songs like:"HANG ON TO YOUR LOVE", "ANOTHER NIGHT","I'M DOING FINE", "RHYTHM OF THE RAIN" or "WHEN YOU COME BACK TO ME", this last one was such a hit back in December 1989, I remember to play it in Christmas eve of that same year in the radio station I was working at the time...
A very good album for you to enjoy...good pop songs and very, very GOOD MOMENTS and like JASON said in this song title :"LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY"...

4.0 out of 5 stars Jason Deluxe, 31 Aug 2010
O. B. Tryggvason (Gardabaer Iceland) - See all my reviews
Perhaps this Deluxe Edition of Jason's second album is a bit of an overkill but I, for one, will be happy to include this in my cd collection.

Jason Donovan goes all the way back to my teenage years and his Greatest Hits album got quite a spin in my player. He's not the best vocalist around nor is his music all that great but it's quite a time capsule for more innocent and care-free times. In the early 90's Jason was considered neither hip nor cool and he was more of a chick's dude so those of us who dug him kept relatively quiet. But this "fluffy" pop has endured quite well and the music ain't too bad at all and one doesn't need to lower his head in shame in admitting fondness for Jason's music.

A particular favorite here is "Another Night", an overly dramatic tale of a guy who's broken up with his girlfriend and, quite simply, can't face another night without her. Aaaahhh, those years when you thought a certain girl didn't like you and it was the end of the world :), well, the song instantly takes me back to a certain crush in high shcool.

Other than that, all the songs on "Between the Lines" are pure pop and they're pretty good. Songs like "When you come back to me", "Hang on to your love", "When it's all over" and "Like it was Yesterday" are fun songs but they definately have a cheese factor about them. But that's part of their appeal.

As a juicy extra here you get B-sides and a ton of remixes which should be fun to give a spin. Now my suggestion is they next give Jason's least known album, "All Around the World" a deluxe treatment. I believe there were a few B-sides there as well as some quality alternate mixes of pretty good songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason's second album get's a stunning re-release., 5 Sep 2010
Having just reviewed Edsel's Deluxe Edition of Jason's debut album, 'Ten Good Reasons', there's not a lot I can say about 'Between The Lines' without repeating myself. This is another perfect release from Edsel who have done Jason proud here. It's hard to imagine the most devoted Jason fan having much to complain about. The packaging is great, the sound fresh and clear and it contains all the remixes, bonus tracks etc you could ever want from the era. This is the best the album has ever sounded and looked and at this price, this 2 disc set is incredible value.

4.0 out of 5 stars more poptastic tunes from jase the ace!!, 5 Nov 2011
Mr. R. Oxley "Steps Fan 4 Ever!!" (Crook,Co Durham,England) - See all my reviews
having bought the updated version of "ten good reasons",naturally i had to have this too.again,it's got single b-sides and 12" mixes.although it doesn't stray far from his 1st album,it's still great.this edition also features jason's last 2 singles with PWL,"R.S.V.P" and a cover of "happy together".(who can forget the "ba ba ba ba" bit??).all in all,if you were a fan looking to replace your worn out vinyl/cassette copies of the original,or just a fan of quality,great pop music...you won't go wrong with this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album he did, 28 Dec 2010
Mr. P. Dunford "Hinge & Bracket" (Sittingbourne, KENT) - See all my reviews
This 2 CD set of Jason's best album is well worth the money.
All of the Singles and Extended Version and Remixes included

5.0 out of 5 stars Track listing !, 27 Nov 2012
S. A. Williams "Steve Antony Williams" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Between the Lines (Audio CD)
* When You Come Back To Me
* When It's All Over
* Like It Was Yesterday
* Hard To Say Its Over

Between the Lines
Between the Lines by Jason Donovan (Audio CD - 1990)