5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe i'll catch fire
i got into Alkaline trio thanks to From Here To Infirmary, and wanting more from the trio, i looked into the older stuff and found this gem. Skiba and Andriano both stand out on vocals, with Skiba raising his voice far more then on some of the more recent records.
Published on 31 Dec 2005 by evil monkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe It'll Catch On
Cast your minds back a year. Exams are looming, promising pain and death. I bought From Here To Infirmary in the hope that it would provide the perfect backdrop for the bleak days of revision and lonely nights of panic.
It did, and it remains one of my favorite mood setting albums.
Well, a year on the exams are here once more. This time Maybe I'll Catch Fire...
Published on 18 May 2003 by R. J. Crossman

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe i'll catch fire, 31 Dec 2005
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
stand out tracks on the album for me were Sleepyhead, Maybe i'll catch fire, Tuck Me In, Keep'em Coming and Radio. There isn't a bad song on the album, they are all catchy as hell, the only problem i had with the album was the production on the record, as it was originally converted from MP3's and remasterd by Kung Fu Europe records, but that shouldn't put off any fan of the band. Every Trio album i have heard is brilliant but this is definatley one of the best along with FHTI, i would reccomend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whispers of the future, 25 July 2005
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
The Trios best ever album, simply put. Better than the new "Crimson" too. This won't ever be topped, and although the new stuff is still good, this is the Chicago trio in their prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alkaline trio, the living legends, 16 Oct 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
I have to say, I have heard every alkaline trio album and this is by far my favourite, their other stuff is truely amazing but the best songs can only be found on maybe i'll catch fire. 'goodbye forever' is definately the best track on this album closely followed by 'radio' and 'this is getting over you'. seriously guys, if you havn't got this album yet, get it, your wasting valuable time. Trust me, you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best melodic punk/emo record ever to grace my CD player, 2 April 2001
This review is from: Maybe Ill Catch Fire (Audio CD)
Thie album is ten tracks of magnificent, emotive energy... They've matured so much in a couple of years and have got to be one of the best bands in the world. The title track has them pouring out their hearts til you almost cry yourself into a frenzy, and the lyrics throughout this are just incredible. A band with so much energy and so unafraid to out their emotions completely on display is hard to find, but thie band have the melodies to pull it off and then some! This is actually essential to anyone with even just a passing interest in melodic punk and emo, and'll get you as hooked as I am!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this band, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
I bought myself this CD and loved it from day one! Alk3 are an awesome band! Very Highly recommended purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER RECORD, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
CHE DIRE UNA DELLE BAND PIU' PAZZESCHE DEGLI ULTIMI 10 ANNI UNO DEGLI ALBUM PIU' PAZZESCHI DI SEMPRE, SE ANCORA NON CONOSCETE ALKALINE TRIO QUESTO E' IL MOMENTO DI PROVARE UN ALBUM QUESTO E' A DIR POCO STREPITOSO PUNKROCK ALLO STATO PURO
IL ROBY

5.0 out of 5 stars maybe i'll catch fire, 31 Aug 2003
E. Fairbairn - See all my reviews
this has to be my favourite alkaline album, radio is my all time favourite song, and for me completely sold the band to me and i'm now hooked for life, for better of worse to death do will all part. elli

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'll Catch Fire, 13 Nov 2004
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
Maybe I'll Catch Fire is a typical punk pop album, dark themed and very much something you would expect from Matt, Dan and Glenn. I do have to agree following on from Goddamnit is very much impossible, the songs on there were very much to the point and had a message in all of them no matter how it was put.
I have to raise two bad points which is why i gave it 4 stars, first of all unlike Goddamnit, this album is a bit on the lengthy side, and the other point is certain songs just don't stick in my head.
But now to the good parts, these are easily recognisable as Alkaline Trio recordings, lyrically its very dark with a twist of humour, songs like "Madame Me", "Maybe I'll Catch Fire" and "Radio" have proved so popular that they're played live nowadays.
As for the four bonus tracks i can only split them into half, I Lied My Face Off and Goodbye Forever i had heard before, so i'm pretty much into them, but This Is Getting Over You and Snake Oil Tanker i just can't get my head around them.
The main point is its not a bad album, ok its not as good as Goddamnit, but then how could The Clash follow London Calling? A record that should belong in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugged in and ready to fall..., 4 Mar 2006
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
Maybe I'll Catch Fire is the brilliant 2nd album by Alkaline Trio. Every track is totally amazing. 'Radio' is on it, that should be enough to encourage you to buy it. This album is full of medolic pop-punk played by satanists, which has good consequences. Track 2 'Madame Me' has a line that'll be stcuk in your head for hours: 'Warmer than piss, have you ever felt like this?'. That is one of the stand out lines of the album, along with the famous line in Radio': 'Plugged in and ready to fall...'.
If you buy the Kung-Fu Records version of Maybe I'll Catch Fire, you get 4 extra tracks which is always nice, but would still get 5 stars without them. The Asian-Man Records versionl only has 10 tracks, but they are 10 fantastic tracks which can all be found on the 14-track Kung-Fu Records version.
Maybe I'll Catch Fire is an essentail purchase for any fans of the band and genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars skiba the great, 22 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Audio CD)
This is easily trio's finest offering. Although I initially found the band after the release of FHTI, it is only when you delve into their back catalogue that you find trio are so much more than that album. I loved FHTI, don't get me wrong, but the three previous albums were by far better. Highlight for me is "Fuck you Aurora" THE best trio song closely followed by "radio" and the tittle track.If you only buy one trio album then you want "Godammit" as that is the Trio at their awesome best, but if you want more then this one is great too.The best way to experience trio is lying in your room, in the dark by yourself, only then to you het what they are about.

Maybe Ill Catch Fire
Maybe Ill Catch Fire by Alkaline Trio (Audio CD - 2000)
Click for more info