Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£12.95+ £2.80 shipping

on 7 February 2015
Having never seen this movie until recently, and being a fan of Billy Crystal and indeed Debra Winger (what happened to her?) I tried to buy this on DVD but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere, eBay/Amazon and so I decided to use Amazon's OnDemand service for the first time. I thought given the age of the movie, HD probably wasn't worth it so I opted for the SD version which when viewed on both my IPad Mini and P3 looked fine to me.
I loved the movie. Went to Paris not long ago and so it was great to see it again, albeit 20 years previous. The chemistry between the two leads works very well and although it plays out as a typical romcom, with the tried and tested plot devices, it is Crystal's extreme likeability that make this movie fun and enjoyable. The story as told throughout by the diners is a nice twist to lift this tale above other similar movies of the 90's.
I think it is fair to say that Billy Crystal is probably capable of even better things, but until those days come, if ever, then this is possibly one of his better efforts.
Watch it and enjoy.
on 17 November 2013
Mickey Gordon is a basketball referee who travels to France to bury his father.

Ellen Andrews is living in Paris, and works for the airline he flies with. They meet and fall in love, but their relationship goes through many difficult patches.

Their love life is told in flashback by their friends at a restaurant waiting for them to arrive....

Written and directed by Crystal, you'd be forgiven if you'd think it was a vanity project, but he did that two years earlier, this is sort of a reheated version of 'when Harry Met sally' and whilst it never hits the heights of that movie, it's still a classy movie.

it's so easy going and laid back, you forgive Crystal for the gags that showcase him, or the incidental music that just goes for your heartstrings at the correct points, or the fact that it gets a little bit too smug for it's own good when we are at the table with the support.

it's because crystal knows how to grab the audience and keep them hooked until the end.

I know it's no the best movie out there, but it's charming and the cast are brilliant in a 'we've known each other forever' kind of way.

Funny stuff, Crystal is a brilliant writer
on 22 September 2010
Love this film, I know its really old but really pleased to be able to get it. Glad it plays on my multi region dvd player.
The film arrived in super quick time, well packaged and intact.
Oh I am female!! The review page has come up under my husband's name!
on 17 December 2010
Item received quickly. In good condition. I'd seen it before and it very funny. Had some friends round and we watched it together and all enjoyed it.
on 16 December 2010
Forget what snooty critics have to say: this film is charming, funny & delightful, with authentic Parisian backgrounds as an added bonus.
on 7 January 2013
I have heard nothing but praise for this film. However, in order to enjoy it one has either to buy a new dvd player that can bypass the film-owner's blockade or move to America. One gets the impression that someone in the business of selling this film wants to restrict its sale. That doesn't make sense.
on 23 January 2013
Fantastic film. If you like the romantic and funny ones with a hint of serious "after-thoughts".
Debra Winger is ALWAYS good, and Billy Crystal very often as well.
Normaly I an not so much into the Romantic genre, but some of them are good and this is one of the best !
on 13 January 2016
The base line for this story is a brilliant comedy as you would expect from Billy Crystal. What makes it unique and therefore more enjoyable is the way the love story is told to the viewer - enjoy.
on 29 September 2015
Forget Paris is a charming well acted comedy starring Billy Crystal and Debra Winger it is a film I would highly recommend
on 13 August 2013
Received in excellent order and an excellent film to brighten up the day, so thank you very much for the good service