Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 August 2015
The compilation album of Richard Galliano commands an urgency that must be listened to....it explodes in prominent and vital style....the mood -swings from nostalgia reflection to dance celebration, and captures our heart in surprise of delightful anticipation. The difficult and complexity in chord structures are soften in complete harmony. The music of Richard Galliano pulls all the emotional strings, as if to say, ‘I am here: I have arrived,’ and creates a presence of timeless joy! The haunting and familiar themes visit us like old friends across the sea ( Piazzolla, and of course, Galliano himself. ) Over again, the music of ‘the sea’ is a curious and mysterious mix of chords in divine harmony - and a sniff of frankincense from the shores of Arabia felix. The music shifts in movements of tides, like a great film score that stamps its hallmark in destination. This is one of the best albums to discover, ( and I personally think it is equal in stature to the Astor Piazzolla, ‘Tango Zero Hour.’ ) I highly recommend.
on 18 July 2011
This compilation is an excellent introduction for anyone new to jazz played on an accordian and Galliano is without question the greatest exponent of this rare musical form. The selection of 15 tracks feature the Frenchman playing with a variety of international jazz musicians, mainly duets, trios and quartets but also with soloists from the Orchestra Della Toscana. Every track is a superb performance.
on 5 May 2013
My CD system went down and this was the first one I played when it was fixed. A brilliant choice
on 22 August 2014