5.0 out of 5 stars Great album., 26 Aug 2010
A. J. Homans "Adam Vandal" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal Empire (Audio CD)
It is hard to describe this album. It blows you away. The thing is with melodic, epic, fantasy, power metal is it will never be to all tastes. I believe it is a great introduction to the metal genre. I was first opened up to heavy metal by bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Judas Priest. Now I listen to everything from Blind Guardian to Immortal. I love metal, I love Freedom Call.

Now back to the album. It is a happy album, with sing-along choruses, head banging riffs, and amazingly well written songs. It is more polished than their first album. I cannot recommend this album enough. There is not a weak track. Powerful guitar play and singing of typical power metal style with good fast drum beats. It is typical power metal, except for one thing, it's possibly better than anything you have heard.

Sure Rhapsody, Hammerfall, Man O'War, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian etc have amazing albums and a back catalogue to be envious of, only now we have Freedom Call. Who in only their second album achieved something close to perfection.

If you like any of the above bands, or indeed any metal, be it Metallica, Nightwish, Emperor, Deicide. I do ask that you at least listen to a few tracks. I can't say which are stand out ones, they are all good. Sorry, that should say they are all great. Though, Track 5: Pharoah, does seem to garner a lot of praise.

After this album I recommend Eternity.

Try it, you might like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not their best., 6 Jan 2003
This review is from: Crystal Empire (Audio CD)
This is Freedom Call's second album, and as such is a much more mature recording than Stairway to Fairyland. This is in supreme evidence on the second track, 'Freedom Call,' which has one of the greatest choruses in metal history, second only to the Deftones' 'Drive.' If you read this and don't buy a Freedom Call album, then I pity you, I really do. On a final note, if these guys were around at the same time as Judas Priest, then you wouldn't have a clue who Rob Halford is, they're that good. Better than a 2-0 away win at Old Trafford.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Music, 16 Feb 2010
C. Wilkins (Gorleston on Sea) - See all my reviews
I Think Freedom Call are a great band and Crystal Empire is an Excellet album

Crystal Empire
Crystal Empire by Freedom Call (Audio CD - 2001)