5.0 out of 5 stars Batcave brilliance, 4 May 2010
D. L. Wilkinson "Dean" (London,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I admit I never went to the batcave.The batcave being the early 80's goth hangout of choice.I used to read about it and would have liked to visit but I had no friends who wanted to go and was too scared to go alone.Boo hoo me.Alien Sex Fiend were regulars at the batcave by all accounts and I remember first hearing the debut single,Ignore the Machine,and thinking this is great,this is not like anything else I knew,snarly punk guitars with synthesisers,no bass player,drum machines and real drums together,and topped off with a mad cross of herman munster and johnny rotten screaming strange things,and all wrapped in cobwebbed graphics from the crypt.That poor chicken!It was even produced by Youth of killing joke.It may not sound revolutionary now but in 1983 it was different and I still love it.I didn't follow the much of the later fiend output,it was like the first single was an end in itself (and I suffered from limited funds then),but heard good things sporadically,many of which are here,where they toy with various other forms of music like rockabilly and acid house and debase them unashamedly.Get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiendish review!, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
This ecleptic mix of The Best of A.S.F. is practically the most needed punk C.D. in history. The music is fab and the graphics are graphic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!!!, 21 April 2014
Ulises Cosio Villegas (Mexico City, Mexico, MX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
This kind of music is very different, but a very fun and enjoyable record. I'm very satisfied with it .

Very Best Of
Very Best Of by Alien Sex Fiend (Audio CD - 2009)