Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£57.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 21 September 2001
This was the third Darkthrone album I bought after Blaze In The Northern Sky and Soulside Journey, but this is better than anything else I've heard by this band or almost any other. Throughout the whole album there is nothing but sheer brilliant black metal. The best songs are Natassja In Etrnal Sleep and the title track, but the whole album is fantastic, with some excellent guitar riffs and bass riffs. The drumming isn't as fast as bands like Cryptopsy or Marduk, but it's pretty fast, expecially in the title track. The only Darkthrone album I've heard that I think is better is Total Death, buy this one first to get used to them. This is true norwegian black metal at its finest.
on 9 December 2002
One of my favourite black metal albums. This is stripped down music for real fans of extreme metal. If youve been listening to CoF, you need to check this out. This is REAL black metal, not screamy cod satanist rubbish. Darkthrone are a REAL alternative, so buy this album!
It took me a while to get into because i used to listen to more accessible music and i found this too raw, but perservere and you will be rewarded! Keep an open mind and youll find this is a fantastic album.
on 18 October 2001
this is one of darkthrones best albums to date, its raw, its grim, and its most definatly black. This is a good album to start off a darkthrone collection with, if you are going to buy a darkthrone album, make it this one. this is the best. I strongley recomend it.