4.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming trip back to childhood
A tale not to be missed, funny and tear jerking story of a boy and his dog and their adventures of growing up together. A story of friendship, family and a boys struggle to be accepted as an adventurous and responsible young man.
A story that will warm your heart and lift your spirits and ultimatley draw a tear of recognition in all pet owners.
Not to be missed...
Published on 19 Feb 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars WATCHABLE JUST ABOUT
This was not up to my expectations. I thought the dog would play a more clever role in the plot. A bit disappointing.
Published 4 months ago by wendy2

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming trip back to childhood, 19 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
Not to be missed but tissues at the ready!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best weepie ever, 8 July 2006
Patricia Bennett "Trish" (Cornwall England) - See all my reviews
What a film. I came across it one Saturday afternoon, it was raining outside and i was bored. Satellite didn't have much to see on it but the info. on this film said " a real family film and a big weepie" being a sucker for this sort of film i watched it. It was so easy to watch, the life of William Morris as he grew up in the 1940s. A child who could not make friends easily who had a bitter father. A sad sort of life that needed a large void to be filled in it. Along came Skip, what more can i say except that i have now seen the film 8 times and i cry just as much as i did the first time. Beautiful is how to describe this film, no smut, no dirt just beautiful a must for everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Tear-jerker of the century, 22 Jun 2006
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
I have not cried so much in a film before, perhaps maybe in Philadelphia. At the end I was thinking to myself, if he says '...in my heart' I'm gonna cry...and he did. It touches you on a personal level if you've ever felt lonely or known what it's like to lose someone or something and we all have so everyone can relate to this film. It's really not one to be missed. I first saw this on Channel 5 as a Sunday afternoon movie and I ended up running to the bathroom at the end and I didn't come out for about an hour, I couldn't stop crying. Really, a fantastic film.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Skip, 19 Mar 2006
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
My Dog Skip is a heart warming tale based on a true story written by willie morris.
Its about a young boy who needs a friend, so on his ninth birthday he gets a puppy. he call's him skip, and together they grow up and learn important lessons - good and bad. they meet a girl called rivers and make a few friends.
The first time i ever watched My Dog Skip, i have to admit i wasted alot of tissues! but it was worth it. i would recomand the film to enyone - not just children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pass the hankies, 18 Jan 2005
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
This a wonderful film. It's the tale of a young boy living in Mississippi who is a loner and only child. For his birthday his mother buys him a terrier dog and his life changes forever. They become the best of friends. Skip the dog is a clever little chap who wins his master friends and the heart of a local girl.
It's about a boy who is lonely but who faces up to things with the help of Skip.
A wonderful film, beautifully filmed with wonderful actors. Kevin Bacon is excellent as the father as Diane Lane is as the mother but the plaudits must go to Frankie Muniz (of Malcolm in the Middle fame). What a great little actor. He will pull at the heart strings. If Frankie gets the right parts as he gets older then he has a great future. If you like this, then also try and see another of Frankie's films, What the Deaf Man Heard which is in a similar vein.
Don't be fooled by title as this is a film for everyone, not just children. If you've ever owned a beloved pet, then you will "get" this film. Full of love of a bygone age, I would definitely recommend this, no question. However, be sure to have a box of hankerchiefs beside you while you watch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, 2 Nov 2009
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
Willie is a lonely 9-year old growing up in rural Mississippi in the forties. Then he meets his first real pal, his wonderful dog Skip, who gives him the confidence to make friends, play sports, and grow up.

Anyone who has ever loved a pet will love this movie. Just the title is enough to tell you it's going to be sweet and sentimental and it is, but not overly so. Talented Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) plays Willie with so much innocence and spirit that you believe everything he does. Kevin Bacon and Diane Lane play his parents and of course, there is Skip, the irresistible Jack Russell terrier who will surely melt your heart.

Subplots including WWII, segregation, and moonshiners are all seen through a child's eyes and there is the same sense of wonder that made To Kill A Mockingbird such a remarkable movie. This is, of course, a tear-jerker but it's a good cry. Highly recommended for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog, Skip, 27 Feb 2007
Mrs. L. Penny "Lisa" (Gosport, Hants UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
We rented this film purely, because, we have a Jack Russell called Chip and is the spitting image of Skip!! We laughed at the dog's antics,and really loved the film. Just a word of warning...It will have you weeping buckets of tears at the end. Even my husband was watery eyed. My kids seem to really respect our dog now, so it sends home a good message too. I am now going to buy this film so we can watch it again and again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly underrated...what a film!!!!!, 15 Jan 2007
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be one of the best films i have seen in years..other than the fact i hugged my own dog mercilessly throughout the whole film, much to his bemusement!! its a good family film and ensures the shares in kleenex tissues stay bouyant! seldom have i watched a film which has stayed with me for months! its wonderful, be prepared though, its a real weepy!!

Excellent film, will watch over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Im all out of tears now!!!, 30 Dec 2006
Mr. A. Johnson "Muggle" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
This is without a shadow of a doubt the most tearjerking movie ever!

I have watched it so many times now and I still cry as much now as I did the first time I watched this wonderful film.

It centres around the relationship of a boy who struggles to make friends and the dog 'Skip' who comes into his life. The adventures they get into and the way that Skip helps him to develop confidence and make friends, makes it a very moving and touching film.

The last part of the film is very sad, and I don't mind admitting that I cry for England everytime, and friends of mine are exactly the same.

This is a good old fashioned family film the way they use to be made, and I cannot recommend it enough.

What made it extra special for me was, I am an only child and yes I had a Jack Russell pet dog!

Buy it or rent it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars & more, buy it today, 29 Dec 2006
This review is from: My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] (DVD)
Never before have i seen a film with so much love, heart ache and emotion in one viewing. i came across this film on a boring afternoon channel flicking with the remote then i got hooked on this film. from start to finish i cried. All the way through it just shows how an animal can hold the key to unlock a child's life especcially in the case of willi a nine year old boy in need of a friend, this friend is a dog called skip.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb16a3dd4)

My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD]
My Dog Skip (2000) [DVD] by Jay Russell (DVD - 2001)
3.00