Format: DVD|Change

on 1 January 2001
I watched David on TV and wondered how he done most of his tricks but when I saw this is blew my mind away. He has to be the best at what he does in the world. No one comes close to him. There is stuff on this disk that has not been shown on TV so if you like him buy this disk NOW!
on 18 November 2003
David Blaine has been heralded as today's contemporary magician. He made magic 'hip' and 'cool' again. I'm sure most if not all of you will have seen him perform at some time or another, and if you're looking for a collection of his best and most mind-numbing tricks (or rather, from a magicians' point of view: other people's tricks he uses) then this DVD is definitely worth buying.
What I found best about it was it's value. When inserted into my player I found a slightly differently edited version of his first TV special (directed brilliantly, coming off as the perfect 'artsy' type tv-special, as opposed to the dreadful video-clip mish-mash of eccentric human behaviour we were subjected to in the 'Above The Below' special), 'Street Magic', which sets the tone perfectly - but disappointed me slightly as I already had a copy of this lying around. Still, I watched it to completion on the off-chance of there being any new magic I hadn't yet seen. A few tricks popped up here and there, but mostly it was the same stuff I'd seen before. As Street Magic drew to a close I noticed I still had an hour's worth of running time left on the disc. I was shocked to see "Magicman" (his second, and more interesting tv special) rear it's head seconds after the credits had finished rolling for Street Magic.
This in my opinion was fantastic (before you say it explains this on the box - mine was purchased in discounted sans-box-mode) and saved the DVD. Not to mention 15 minutes worth of extra magic, more people screaming and running and Blaine doing his weird stare (which he explains it's origins on the special features). His flair as a performer is fantastic - his handling of cards superb. The only thing that didn't hold with me was one of the more infamous tricks which used a tv-camera trick. Still, he did this a lot more in my old version of Street Magic, and I was happy to see him perform it only a couple of times on the DVD. His repetoire can be a bit repetitive, and a lot of people hold the view that you either love him or hate him. But if you are after a decent magic DVD full of effects, illusions, astonishment and screaming then buy this. That or Derren Brown's ;) (who, incidentally, commands a lot more respect in the magic community).
on 4 January 2001
David Blaine is the most amazing man. He appears so calm whilst displaying his magic, his audience however are sent into complete amazement. He really does make the impossible possible. I saw him by chance on TV about 3 years ago, ever since I've been searching for a book or video, displaying his work. If you ever want to be amazed just watch this man, he is so full of intrigue, his magic just takes your breath away. If you watch this sitting down David Blaine will bring you to your feet in disbelief. This DVD really is truly mystifying. Buy it!
on 6 October 2011
David Blaine is simply amazing and anybody who even has the slighest interest in magic should definately for sure BUY this.
on 9 May 2002
If you know not how David Blaine does half of his tricks then this is a must have. If you've watched, as I have, one of those masked magician specials and do know how many feats are done, I would still NOT put you off getting this. I know how he performs half of his 'magic' but have watched this DVD 3 times already and still marvel at the masterful execution of the trick.
The reaction of the public to David together with his amazing sleight of hand makes this superbly entertaining stuff. The DVD has extended versions of what's been on tv previously plus extras and comes highly recommended. You will be attempting this stuff on friends soon I can assure you!
on 28 November 2000
David does things on this disk that you would just never hope to work out. I used to watch Paul Daniels and think the guy was annoying. I have seen others and thought that their tricks were good, but they were obviously done with mirrors or camera tricks.
I could never work out how he's done it. It is true majik
on 31 January 2014
I am fascinated by all people being able to perform like Blaine does. He is just one of the best
on 11 February 2015
very good product, arrived in good time
on 15 June 2010
This man is a legend (and a little bit weird!)

Great entertainment and some truly astounding tricks.
on 13 March 2004
I wanted to warn everyone not to buy this dvd. i received mine today and it will not play in my dvd player. Wether this was knowingly sent to me as a damaged dvd or not is questionable but please dont risk this happening to you.