Format: DVD|Change

on 22 December 2005
Absolutely brilliant............
My three and a half year old loved it as much as my six and a half year old. Hours of fun trying to learn how to pronounce the various dino names. We watched it about seven times, and each time we found something new in the story and animation.
The animation is so good it hurts your eyes....it is very lifelike, and has a quality that you would expect from Disney.
The story is great for children, and has plenty of definite characters to follow and love or dislike. We loved the lemurs and Aladar, and were thoroughly afraid of the meat eating dinosaurs......
We thoroughly recommend this as a "snuggle down on the sofa with the family" type film.
on 26 December 2002
Being a maor dinosaur nut, I had to watch this film. However, when I first saw it, I only saw a few scenes, & didn't think much of it. When I finally got round to watching it, I was way beyond amazement! The scenery & the realism of the characters is absolutely incredible! No wonder it took Disney six years to make the film! Real landscapes, & incredibly real looking dinosaurs make Dinosaur one of the best films ever made! All I can say, is that this film is perfect for anybody who is mad about dinosaurs!
on 29 October 2009
What?? Is my first reaction to some of these reviews!!!! Were you even watching it? Without doubt a fantastic dinosaur film FOR CHILDREN!!! They love it. When it came out on video we bought it. Years later when it had been watched to death, we bought the DVD, Its entertaining, funny, brilliantly aminated, tear jerker and has a little romance. Whats not to love. I strongly suggest those that didnt like the film take a deap breath, seek their inner child and watch it. This is fab, your kids of all ages will love this. It sparks their imagination and keeps them fully engrossed. BUY BUY BUY!!!!
VINE VOICEon 19 January 2004
My son who is 2 and a half loves this, and his older friends (up to 7) really enjoyed it too. If you want a Disney computer animated film about Dinosaurs this is fantastic. It has everything you'd expect from the efficient Disney factory which is marketed at as broad an audience as possible. However, it doesn't have any of the more subtle, or off-beat humour found in productions from other animation houses, but then you wouldn't expect it to - because this is Disney!
on 4 May 2001
The story line of this film isn't as strong as some of Disney's others. However, the sheer scale and quality of the production will leave you in so much awe that you'll hardly notice.

As a previous reviewer said, this is definitely best watched on a large widescreen TV, otherwise you may lose some of the effect.

The extras on the second CD definitely make this worth buying over the standard edition.
on 28 March 2001
The quality of the DVD was simply spectacular. Wow, those scales looked lifelike! I felt like I was in my own Jurassic Park, a caveman with spear in hand trembling at the sight of such magnificent beasts.
However, I think that it isn't suitable for children - I certainly lost sleep over some of the more startling sequences which I wouldn't expect from Disney. Just my thought.
Sound - Raptor-ous! Vision - Widesceen a Saw-us!
on 22 April 2013
I am a Disney addict, there I said it! I remember going to see this with my mum and sister at the tender age of 11...well I am now 24 and this film still moves me almost to tears. You learn so much from it and the graphics are impressive considering this was made in 2000. I really want my little cousins to watch this as I'm not sure kids still enjoy Disney movies like they used to back in my day, great shame. The characters are really funny too and there's a nice little moral behind it all. OMG plus the musical score is incredible, I actually play this in my car on full whack hahaha driving through the town centre you can get a bit carried away and crank the ol' speedo up a notch which must be amusing to other drivers but frankly, it's simply amazing.
on 15 June 2009
From the moment I pressed play my 4 year old son was glued to his seat he loved it (I have to admit I enjoyed watching it the first time as well!! the other 100 odd times not so much). I would recommend this to anyone who has a dinosaur mad child.
on 6 August 2001
As the film opened I was stunned by the quality of the graphics, my stomach lurched as the waterfall fell away to the river below. This is a great movie - I watch it more often than my seven year old!
on 18 April 2001
Best viewed on a good wide-screen TV/HIFI set up, this film breaks new ground in computer animation. A combination of superior computer graphics, animatronics and real images? - it's very difficult to tell. I'm 52 and watched this film with my kids. I was as spellbound and captivated as my youngest. A must for the home DVD library. It is SO clever.