4.0 out of 5 stars Classic programmes for new and old and new kids
Published on 10 Dec 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch with Mother
Wanted to revisit my childhood memories like the wooden tops , I was very dissapointed with this VHS video quality. The sound track throughout the whole Video there is a constant buzzing sound that spoils it all completely.
Very dissapointed.
Published on 13 Aug 2009 by Johnains

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic programmes for new and old and new kids, 10 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
If your children constantly demand Telebubbies, Bob the Builder or Thomas the Tank Engine them give them a change with a classic episode or two of Watch with Mother. I don't know whether it was the operatic singing of nursery rhymes in Andy Pandy, the incomprehensible dialogue of Bill and Ben, or the surreal plot of of Muffin the Mule but this video never fails to keep little horrors quiet for an hour or so. The best thing is that you can and sit and enjoy the episodes too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia at its best., 12 Nov 2013
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Incredible trip down memory lane and an opportunity to relive those halcyon days of innocence that were the 1950's - Brilliant nostalgia and good for the children of today to watch as well , it's pure innocent fun. I watched Bill and Ben , Andy Pandy , Rag Tag & Bobtail , The Woodentops and Picture Book with my mother in the 50's. Young children today should at least have a chance to watch these old programmes as I think today's offerings are way too frantic , and lets be honest , ridiculous. We were only allowed a small amount of television each day ( mind you T.V. was a new phenomena in the 1950s ) then and the rest of our time was spent playing or engaging in drawing or something constructive - todays kids are too readily plonked in front of the TV for hours on end , no wonder we have problems now that we didn't have then !!

( It's a pity it's not a DVD although you could have it transferred to DVD ).

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just the woodentops, 11 April 2014
Amazon Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This video is great for both my mum and myself to watch. She has dementia so this is a reassuring run of watch with mother programmes and for me it brings back a lot of memories. It had Andy Pandy and Rag, Tag and Bobtail as well as several others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old timer living the past, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this video for myself. I loved watch with mother. and wanted to go back to my childhood. Sad or what!

5.0 out of 5 stars childhood memories, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this for my granddaughter and myself to watch when she is old enough. She is only three weeks old at the moment, so it will be a while, but I look forward to watching it with her.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids stuff, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
old 50s and 60s childrens programmes.i watched as a 4 year old in the 60s ,great for any child up tp the age of 5 or 6.black and white with bill and ben and others ,those where the days ,get it you wont be sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars A good video, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I am 8 years old and I like the Watch with Mother programmes but there are a lot of songs and the singer's voice is very high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classics, 11 Sep 2014
Mr. D. Boss "Nuclear.Penguin" (Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I purchased this for my mum who grew up with watching this, however I got into watching it too. I purchased a VHS player just to watch this!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great remindetr of days gone by!, 18 Mar 2012
Mr. M. K. Johnson (Norwich,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
It has to be said that the old cartoons are far better than the ones of today! These days there is too many killing and glorifying violence cartoons, and it is nice to watch this video with the famous old characters like Andy Pandy, The Woodentops. Bill and Ben, Rag tag and bobtail=you name it, is is fun to see it again! I will always treasure this VHS video as it will be fun to show it to our Great-Grandchildren and show them what we watched when we were their age! They may not believe it at first but they will soon enough!! Thank You Amazon for bringing back those happy memories of those days gone by!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Dec 2014
This review is from: Watch with Mother [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Received in good time. I tem as expected. Satisfied.

Watch with Mother [VHS]
Watch with Mother [VHS] by Vera McKechnie (VHS Tape - 1997)