on 13 November 2001
Fat Friends burst onto our screens in larger than life fashion last year, and british drama has never looked so good! For anyone who has ever attended wieght watchers and anyone who hasn't, there is a character you can relate to. All the characters are wonderfully layered and in typical Kay Mellor fashion and became became part of our lives.Each episode centred around one of the six main characters,(a bit like clocking off.)with the characters meeting every week at the slimming club.The one episode that stood out though was episode four entitled, growing pains. It stared the fabulous James corden in the lead role of Jamie. A young lad coming to terms with his parents separation while being bullied at school. It is a fantastic piece of television which broke my heart every time i watched it. James corden is without doubt one of the finest actors of his generation and i look forward to seeing him on my television soon. Roll on series two!!
on 11 January 2001
A light hearted look at the normal lives of people trying to achieve a weight loss. Kay Mellor outstands in this well written drama with fantastic humour and very funny characters. Roll on another series.
on 8 February 2014
I thought that ths was a DVD - my mistake--- not happy with myself - oh what more cAN i SAY