4.0 out of 5 stars James Cameron's Titanic Explorer, 20 Mar 2002
This review is from: Titanic Explorer (CD-ROM)
I first saw the movie Titanic when I should have been doing my homework. However, I became really interested in the story of the ship. At first I bought the title 'Titanic, Adventure out of time'. It was worth it, but you can only go so far with the story of a British Agent etc. So I decided to gather up the pound coins from the sofa and buy 'Titanic Explorer'. Let me tell you, it is one of the best documentary/game/interactive program I have ever spent my money on! At first, you put disk one in. From here, you are taken through a timeline from the 1800s to the last time Titanic saw the sun, each video with an informative narration. Also on disk one lies a fantastic virtual tour, showing each aspect of the ship as she was at Southampton. Disk two describes everything from the second the berg is sighted to the second she sinks, showing you footage never before seen in the film. Each video comes complete with small links you can click on to get a few paragraphs on related topics. Eg, you're watching the glass dome give way over the stairs. On offer would be an article about the grand staircase. Finally, put disk three in and recieve the aftermath from an hour after the sinking to 1998. Passenger lists, quotes and an animation of the Titanics sinking are included to make the product more complete.
However, nothing is perfect. The only "complaint" I could make about this brilliant masterpiece is that you really should be in darkness, as the videos and animations etc are very dark, so you may very occasionally need to strain your eyes.
On a final note, it's worth exploring the disk without actually running the program. I know that on disk three, there is a virtual tour of the Russian ship 'Keldysh' and the wreck of the Titanic.
In conclusion, I would seriously consider buying this marvelous program. It is innovative and can enhance your correspondance with the ship by really bringing you closer to the hearts of those people of the Titanic. I hope this review has broadened your views about this software and you will hopefully invest in this brilliant product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Program, 10 May 2002
This review is from: Titanic Explorer (CD-ROM)
Titanic Explorer is the best Titanic game I have used. The features are great and the tours of the ship are very realistic (pictures from movie set). The information supplied is very accurate. The program contains some parts of the 1997 Blockbuster that were not shown in the cinema. The majorty of the events are shown by using parts of the movie.
This program is different to the Adventure out of time game as it emerses you with historical accuracy.
A good buy for Titanic Enthhusiasts or for people who are just interested in the ship in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game!, 22 Oct 2006
This review is from: Titanic Explorer (CD-ROM)
I bought this game and when I put disc 1 in, it showed a huge long timeline which lasted for about 15 minutes! It was great. Next I went on the virtual tour of the ship which I liked a lot! When you put disc 2 in, it shows you deleted scenes not shown on the 4 disc addition. Disc 3 showed the wreck and another timeline! I'd buy this! It was well worth my money! It is the best Titanic game iv'e ever played on! Trust me, it's a brilliant game! If you buy it, you won't be bored! Oh, and the deleted scenes and timelines are narrated with clear speech. I give this 5 out of 5!

Titanic Explorer
Titanic Explorer by Fox Interactive (Windows 95)
Used & New from: 3.70