5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to be honest
This controller is perfect - cheap immitations are incomparable! I've had my PS2 for almost 3 years and play games such as GTA:SA (which uses predominantly the four 'action' buttons) and TimeSplitters:FP (where the shoulder buttons and D-Pad take heavy duty) and I have suffered none of the ill effects that other reviewers describe, this doesn't mean to say that they are...
Published on 2 Aug. 2005 by ruudicom

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken
Bought this a few weeks ago, finally got round to using it today (it was for multi-player) and found it to be broken. The L1 and R2 buttons don't work, and neither doies the X button. Very poor
Published 21 months ago by Calum Wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 423 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is is the official DualShock 2 controller., 22 Sept. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2) (Video Game)
So what can I say about a controller for the PS2? Well, this is a dualshock 2 controller, which is the successor to the original dualshock 1 on PSone. There's nothing different about the controller, except for the name. You must know why it's called dualshock 2, because PS2 is called Playstation 2.

This is the official controller for the PS2. You can tell it is and they come in different colours, so you're better off getting the right colour to match your console. These controllers aren't always official ones, there are cheap and crap ones out there that's been made by third-party developers and you can waste your money, if your not careful - espicially sites like ebay and amazon.

The PS2 controllers are the only ones that can work on the console, nothing else will work on it - only if you know how to mod - then you can. This is why you always need one and if you haven't got one, then you can't play your games on your console. There's plenty of other PS2 controllers out there with different designs, so you don't always have to use the official ones - with me - I'll stick with the official one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Design, 8 July 2005
By A Customer
I've been reading some of the other reviews on this product, many of which are negative about its build quality. Perhaps I have been lucky as I've had my Playstation for about 2 years and I have not had any problems with it.
In my opinion this is the Playstation has the best controller available on any console. I have and Xbox and a Playstation 2 and my brothers have a Game Cube and we all agree that the PS2 controllers get the job done like no other controller. Personally I feel the Gamecube controller is useless and I don't really understand what Nintendo were thinking. As for Xbox, It may arguably be the better console but the controllers are not the same quality. Firstly I don't like the idea of the Black and White button, and I feel there should be 4 shoulder buttons, like Playstation.
The Xbox controllers are good and I especially like the large trigger button, but in the same way the PS2 is stylish and sophisticated and the Xbox looks a bit like a radiator. The PS2 controller has everything in write place and is so comfortable to hold, whereas the Xbox controller is a bit clumsy. The buttons are too thick and it's uncomfortable.
Overall the controller should be an important factor when deciding whether or not to buy a console. For example, as much as I love my Playstation and Xbox, if they had Gamecube controllers I simply wouldn't have bought them. This is not the case with PS2 controllers. They are so comfortable and easy to use, and in my opinion they are definitely the best controllers available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 17 Feb. 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have had one of my controllers for 5 years, and all that is wrong with it is that the D-pad has stiffened up a bit, the R1 button can be pushed sideways if you press hard enough, and that when you shake it it makes a rattling sound, strangely. However, none of these actually affect your gameplay, so it is definitely worth buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke after a few weeks!, 4 May 2014
I bought this PS2 controller for a friend and it broke after only a few weeks - will not buy again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price., 23 May 2009
Mr. M. L. Hanford "MH74" (Hereford,England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My controller for the PS2 was replaced a long time ago due to it's cable going and I decided to save a few quid and buy a third party controller,In the long run it's not worth it,as even though the PS2 pad isn't perfect,the D-pad is a bit wooly and the 'triggers' aren't at all as responsive as proper ones on the Xbox/Dreamcast etc.buying the third party ones was a waste as,put simply,the official one is so much better,FPS games were virtually unplayable with some of the replacements and have stayed on the shelf till I bought the new (official) pad,likewise some games requiring analogue buttons/triggers like Primal,Cy Girls and Valkyrie Profile 2 are so much better with an official pad.in closing,don't buy a third party pad if you can help it as for once official is best.

5.0 out of 5 stars The proper Sony PS2 controller, 12 Sept. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you need a controller for your PS2, it has to be the Sony official one! The biggest difference is the smooth graduation in the analogue sticks, allowing the slowest smallest of adjustments in aiming a gun in a game! You just feel the quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Controller, 29 Nov. 2011
Ian Bees - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Does what it says on the tin! Robust - have a 7 year old who's not that careful,so worth paying bit more for Sony. Had a cheaper one before that got distroyed in no time. Good price, and arrived very quickly. Can't fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars SONY PLAYSTATION 2 DUALSHOCK CONTROLLER, 29 Oct. 2012
I have not used the controller much yet, so it is too early to give an honest review. My only concern was that its thumb controls seemed to stick straight out of the box, ie: I was moving or running in the game without actually pressing the thumb controls. This could be due to the controller being a bit stiff or brand new. Still it is too early to say. I have only tried it for a short time and will update my review when I have had more use out of it, or the thumb controls stop veering to a particular direction on their own. So when I break it in, ( not break it ) I suspect that everything will be alright, and if it is then, it will have been a bargain at the price I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual shock 2, 1 Jan. 2003
The dual shock 2 pad is easily the best controller of all the 3 consoles, you can easily reach all the buttons on the controller whether you are using the analouge sticks or the main d pad itself. best of all it feels right its the perferct size its not to big ie x box or not to small ie game cube, its great for children and adults. ive had my dual shock 2 pads for over a year and had no problems (touch wood). the best game to take good advantage of the dual shock is metal gear solid 2 where the vibrations in the cinematic sequences really do add to the drama and the pressure sensitivity really do help you snipe around the place without being spotted.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS2 controller, 25 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Good old PS2 controller, my old PS2 controller was worn out so i decided to purchase a new one, and it's excellent.
Fast 2 day service and i was suprised they still make the controllers. 10/10

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 423 | Next ›

Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)