5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to be honest
This controller is perfect - cheap immitations are incomparable! I've had my PS2 for almost 3 years and play games such as GTA:SA (which uses predominantly the four 'action' buttons) and TimeSplitters:FP (where the shoulder buttons and D-Pad take heavy duty) and I have suffered none of the ill effects that other reviewers describe, this doesn't mean to say that they are...
Published on 2 Aug 2005 by ruudicom

3.0 out of 5 stars dualshock 2 controller - 2nd hand
Controller arrived OK, but on opening it smelt heavily of tobacco. Took quite a bit of cleaning before my young son would use it. Said it felt & smelt really bad.
Published on 27 Jun 2011 by boyothevegan

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Unequalled, 8 Nov 2001
B. James (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2) (Video Game)
Although the Dual Shock 2 looks like a black version it's older PlayStation brother, there are several improvements. The pressure sensitive buttons allow increased precision and the analog sticks feel more tactile. A great controller suitable for all game genres.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sony, 14 Jan 2005
By A Customer
The new DualShock 2 the only controller your PS2 will ever need.
So seen the cheap controllers going for a fiver in your local videogame store(these only last for five minutes or until both your thumbs are covered in sores)and the Sony controller next to them. Don't think twice BUY SONY!!.
If your familiar with the best games console, the Sony PS2 then you'll need to become familiar with the best pad, the new DualShock 2 controller takes the DualShock to the next level. The PS2 controller is far easier to use than the GameCube controller which is comfy but it's hard to reach all those buttons and also the Xbox controller which is just a plastic brick. The DualShock is fantastic you can reach all the buttons at all times.
The DualShock 2 is great featuring pressure sensitive keys and analog sticks. It is also the best looking controller around and may I say again !Fits straight into your handS! It is also of an immense quality, I bought one with my PS2 2 years ago AND ITS STILL WORKING FINE.
Well Done Sony!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3rd one but read on;, 15 Mar 2004
This one i bought should be my 3rd official sony PS2 dual shock 2 controller. I had the first one which came with the PS2 whick broke in the first six months of having it. Then i bought my second one which lasted me until now. Im buying my third one as i need a second player and i think NO other PS2 controller works as good and easy as the official one. I also think that sony deliberatley made the bundled controller cheap so you can buy more!!! I have been through 3 un-official controllers. Two of them broke, the buttons got packed in early. the third on is MIA but it works good.
The best idea i reckon compared to the dual shock 1 controller are the following:
-Pressure sensetive buttons
-Longer lasting analouge sticks
-Thinner cable
-Longer cable (only by about 1ft)
-More stroger plugs for people who like to tug on the cable
-Plug looks more sleek
-Alot lighter then the dual shock 1
-Better rumble to feel the trigger moments...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Fantastic!, 5 April 2002
LUFCfan (Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This controller is simply the best! It may be tempting to buy a cheaper controller but it will NOT match this for quality or gaming experience. The controller has the same design as the Psx controller which is a good thing but this adds another dimension to the actual experience of this superb console. The buttons are pressure sensitive which means that, for example, if you lightly make contact with the button your character will walk, if you press it, he will jog and if you hold it down fully, he will run. This controller also feels more powerful in the ways of the Dualshock mechanism. It gives a much more powerful jolt and it seems to fill your hand better than the old Psx controller. I have two of these and I would never switch to another controller. If one broke, I would have no hesitation but to go out and buy another one. But hey, this is a Sony product, it has build quality of a Bomb Shelter and if you are looking for a good quality, solid controller then this is the product for you. Go get it NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 12 Feb 2005
Mrs. S. Wright "light_spirited" (Hood River, Or USA) - See all my reviews
feels good to use when playing, good control and buttons click quickly and easily. seems better than the one that comes with the ps2 itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Design, 8 July 2005
By A Customer
I've been reading some of the other reviews on this product, many of which are negative about its build quality. Perhaps I have been lucky as I've had my Playstation for about 2 years and I have not had any problems with it.
In my opinion this is the Playstation has the best controller available on any console. I have and Xbox and a Playstation 2 and my brothers have a Game Cube and we all agree that the PS2 controllers get the job done like no other controller. Personally I feel the Gamecube controller is useless and I don't really understand what Nintendo were thinking. As for Xbox, It may arguably be the better console but the controllers are not the same quality. Firstly I don't like the idea of the Black and White button, and I feel there should be 4 shoulder buttons, like Playstation.
The Xbox controllers are good and I especially like the large trigger button, but in the same way the PS2 is stylish and sophisticated and the Xbox looks a bit like a radiator. The PS2 controller has everything in write place and is so comfortable to hold, whereas the Xbox controller is a bit clumsy. The buttons are too thick and it's uncomfortable.
Overall the controller should be an important factor when deciding whether or not to buy a console. For example, as much as I love my Playstation and Xbox, if they had Gamecube controllers I simply wouldn't have bought them. This is not the case with PS2 controllers. They are so comfortable and easy to use, and in my opinion they are definitely the best controllers available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 17 Feb 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have had one of my controllers for 5 years, and all that is wrong with it is that the D-pad has stiffened up a bit, the R1 button can be pushed sideways if you press hard enough, and that when you shake it it makes a rattling sound, strangely. However, none of these actually affect your gameplay, so it is definitely worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 1 Dec 2013
Works exactly as it says on the tin.
Good replacement for my old, malfunctioning controller, and recommended to anyone who is looking for a PS2 controller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 Nov 2013
While there are cheaper options available, I believe in getting an original part replacement. This works perfectly as you would expect from Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Late to a Great Party, 2 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've only recently purchased a ps2 for the first time (yes, I know, over a decade late!) and it unfortunately arrived with no controllers. I'm a stickler for official merchandise so picked up the sony official ps2 dulashock 2 controller from a marketplace seller and it was promptly delivered and put to good use.

It's a brilliant product, perfectly weighted and very comfortable and the build just oozes quality.

For only £14 brand new/boxed it really is worth going for the official controller.

M.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)