5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Williams At His Best
Just about every film you will ever watch (with a few acceptions) will have been influenced by another film, and may seem very similar to that film in more ways than one. However, Jumanji is a complete acception to this rule. It is a completely original and fantstic idea for a film, which has become unsuprisingly succesful.
When Alan Parish finds an old game in a...
Published on 21 Dec 2003 by no1filmaddict

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fantasy story
Good fun for all ages. All comes right in the end and ripe for a sequel. Now where did I put that board?
Published 2 months ago by Sue

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Williams At His Best, 21 Dec 2003
This review is from: Jumanji [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
When Alan Parish finds an old game in a building site and begins playing it with Sarah, a girl on his street, he dissappears and she is chased out of the house by a swarm of bats. Twenty Six years later, Judy and Peter find it in the attic of there new house, (the old Parish house) and they also begin to play. They release Alan, along with a hoard of unimaginable nightmares, their only hope being to finish the game, if they live that long!
The special effects in this movie, in there day were excelent, however they do look a little bit dated now, especially the lion. It still works well though. The acting is also pretty ok, especially from Robin Williams, who in my mind is on top form here.
Although this film was promoted as a family movie, some parts are pretty intense and scary, especially the beginning where the previous two children are burying the game. Therefore you may want to watch it before you show it to very young children. Having said this, it really is an excelent film and most of the family can enjoy the solid entertainment.
If you buy this film then i guarentee that you will be gripping your seat,and will be thinking of nothing else until the end. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jumanji, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jumanji [DVD] (DVD)
I boughtthis for a 16 year old boy who had not seen it before. He had sevear additional needs and not been out of bed since Christmas. He managed to watch once before he died. AND he LOVED IT!! It arrived really quickly,infact just in time, thank you.We have watched it again and is good for all ages although a younger friend watched it through his fingers. Excellant entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Childhood Film, and Still Loved In My Adult Years., 6 Sep 2010
Lee Thomas "Lee" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I Remember this back when I was about 10 Years old.
I Remember It on VHS, and what a great Film, staring Robbin Williams, and some other great characters. Bearing In Mind, Technology wasn't that good, Over 15 years ago, and the amount of Computer Generated graphics that were in this film, and to make it look so real.

I'm so glad that they decided to bring it to DVD, This is a Film, on which I've lost over the years, but still think about, and Missed.
It's now in my 'Top DVD' collection, and It's a DVD which I can watch, and Watch and watch and never get bored of.

This film has everything, Comedy, Drama, Action, and I Suppose some scary parts - For little children. But something I think an entire family would enjoy, I know that when my daughter is a bit older. She will love it, and I intend to sit down as a Family, and watch it all together!

5**** From me!

The story is about 2 children who start off the game, and Robbin Williams gets sucked into the Jungle, about 25 years later, 2 other children play the same game after moving into the house, and they play the game, and roll a 3 or an 8 on the Dice, Robbin Williams then comes back from the Jungle, but the story does not end there, they have to finish the terrifying game, which has monkeys, Lions, Gunmen, and loads of nasty things happening, but until they finish the game, these things won't go away!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good film starring Robin Williams, 22 Feb 2002
This review is from: Jumanji [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
This is a great film starring funnyman Robin Williams. Throughout the film there are great special effects and many hilarious scenes (but you would expect that with Robin Williams starring in it). The plot is very clever and you will be gripped to this film until the very end. A worthwhile purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great special effects, 14 Mar 2000
This review is from: Jumanji [VHS] [1996] (VHS Tape)
Some of the most amazing special affect shown in a film. Two children find the board game Jumanji in their house in the 1960's when they play the game the board turns out to be not quite a normal game. One of the players is sucked into the world of Jumanji and is to be stuck there until someone restarts the game and rolls a seven. Years later another child finds the games and starts the game again. The board comes back to life and there is absolute mayhem. Seeing Rhino' run through houses and elephants crush cars you really appreciate the special effects. Robin Williams as usual is brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past!, 29 Jan 2014
I seen this for sale on Blu-ray and I wanted it straight away.

This was one of my favourite films as a child.

I always owned it on VHS but I had to to add to my Blu-ray collection.

The picture is great and it fills out the entire screen which I love. Although, I do think it could have been better. The picture seemed to lack contrast for me. The colour just wasn't as prominent and the picture wasn't as crisp as Blu-rays of older movies usually make them.

That's not to say the quality was bad, it was great! But I've seen better.

Also, I love the interactive Jumanji game you can play in the special features. The Jumanji game could have been slightly better but I really did enjoy it even though my brother hated it.

So overall this is a great Blu-ray to add in your collection but don't be expecting something phenomenal. And for €5, you can't beat that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to play this game!, 10 Jan 2013
Crisp clear images and crystal clear sound on this Blu-ray version of the movie far surpass both the VHS and std dvd versions I have of this movie which makes for a most enjoyable viewing.
For anyone who hasn't seen this movie or even for those that have and are considering buying it I can recommend this fun adventurous movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute classic brought to life on blu-ray, 7 Dec 2012
This was one of my favourites growing up and as I have a young son my own now I thought I'd add this one to my collection. As with a lot of older film that are transferred to blu-ray they can be hit or miss in terms of picture quality. Jumanji in fact actually looks really amazing! The resolution is crisp and clean and the colours are inked perfectly. I hadnt seen this film in years and yet it felt like it was a new film from last year! I was most surprised by the price! I was expecting it to be a lot more money. Bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray impressions, 8 Oct 2011
Although not as good a transfer to Blu-ray as HOOK it is still a vast improvement over the DVD. If you are looking to upgrade it is well worth the price,

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Williams at his best, 28 Jan 2010
diamondgeezer1 (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jumanji [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I consider this movie as one of my all time favourite movies, and also Robin Williams as one of my favourite actors.

This is the story of Alan Parish who finds a board game, which unknown to him releases the inhabititants of the game, depending on the role of the dice.
While playing the game with a girl called Sarah from his street, they both decide to stop playing the game, but Alan un-wittingly throws the dice, and the game punishes him, by sucking him into the game with the message ' In the jungle you must wait, till the dice reads five or eight'.
Many years later Judy & Peter who have moved into Alans house, find the game, and begin playing it, and Peter eventually throws an eight, thus releasing alan from the game.
What follows in an action paced film, with great special effects.

If you want to watch a great film then get this one.

Jumanji [DVD] [2002]
Jumanji [DVD] [2002] by Joe Johnston (DVD - 2002)
3.00