5.0 out of 5 stars The best album yet!
Published on 3 Dec 2000 by toni.anneparker@btinternet.com

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!
I ordered this cd and within 2 days I received it which was brilliant! However when I opened the sealed cd I found that instead of it containing the cd I had ordered it contained a completely different cd, not even by the band that it was suppose to be! I'm extremely unhappy about this and will definitely not be ordering from the company again!! Very poor!!
Published 9 months ago by hannah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album yet!, 3 Dec 2000
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
This is a must for any Backstreet Boys fan. It will be sure to shock you all with its mixture of upbeat and slow tempo songs this album is one that once you start playing it you will not be able to turn it off. Songs such as "The Call" and "Everyone" will get anyone in the mood for dancing where as songs such as "What makes you different" and "Time" will get you in the mood for love.So what ever your taste in music this album has it all what u waiting for it is a must have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey,Hey!Well worth the wait afterall, 6 Jan 2001
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
After buying their last two efforts and enjoying them to the full esp Millennium their most recent album I was convined I'd buy their next helping immediately when released.Then the end of November came and Black and Blue was released but only manageing a chart place of 11 on it's first week of release + driffed out as fast as u could say Black and Gone.This was my biggest worry when I chose to buy it over many other albums with a high chart position.Try anything once I said so I bought it. But all said + done I was crooning away 2 it after 1 listen + I still am after many weeks+ still will be 4 many weeks to come.As am an absoulute MUSIC JUNKIE with oceans of people borrowing + swapping music with me I know a good album when I hear one.Seeing as pop albums really arent my scene at all I throughly enjoyed this album with not one filler in ure stocking this really did it for me, hitting all the right buttons.Ones to keep an eye out for are The Call, Get Another Boyf, I promise You, Time,Yes I Will and the beautiful All I Have To Give (A capella) but I had a very hard time choosing cos all are top notch.Buy this,it's definately worth a listen.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!, 18 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars backstreet men - the boys do it again!, 22 Mar 2001
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
After the colossal sucsses that was 'Millennium' the latest offering of 'Black and Blue' shows a maturity and technical sound often unknown the ranks of 'boy band' hysteria. The once aesthetic machinations of lovble 'chubby' guy Lou Pearlman have grown into 'Gucci' wearing Nicky Clarke cut personalities of Brian, NIck, AJ, Kevin and howie. Depite rumours of a split, and the small solo outings of AJ, The band have come together to produce an album little short of 'brillint'. From the explosive beginning of 'The Call' with its enormous ability to make you dance round your bedroom clutching your hairbrush, to the sweet subtle tones of 'Shape Of My Heart', guaranting tears a plenty at every live show. Dspite its obvios ties to pre pubescent school girls, 'Black and Blue' is a must of every Backstreet Boy fan, and if in turn it is the bands last album it demands that they go out with style.

4.0 out of 5 stars backstreet men - the boys do it again!, 22 Mar 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Backstreets Back and its alrite!, 3 May 2003
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
this was the best album from the backstreet boys and i have them all! the catchy everyone stays in your head all day. what makes you different (makes you beautiful) is such a good slower song, its featured in 'Princess Diaries'. this i such a cool album! the best from them. go and buy it, NOW!

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality collection, 11 May 2003
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
Another high-quality release which shows off the enormous vocal talents of the phenomenon that is the Backstreet Boys. “Black and Blue” sees the Boys sticking to what they do best – beautiful ballads with rich harmonies like “Shape of my Heart” and “More Than that” with the occasional energetic pop piece such as “The call” thrown in for good measure. This album comes together nicely, perhaps not their best release because there’s not so many classics as previous albums, but still well worth a listen and something you will no doubt play again and again. It is proof that the Backstreet Boys have got better with age and are more than merely a boyband- they are a strong vocal harmony group who can put together one cracker of an album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Backstreets back!, 13 April 2001
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
This is the Backstreet Boys best album to date by far! All of the up tempo tracks are incredible with a harder more satisfying edge to them. Whilst the album Millennium contains their two best tracks to date "larger than life" "I want it that way". This album is much more consistent and stronger overall. The best tracks have to be "the call" "get another boyfriend" "everyone" "More than that" "not for me" "Time and "answer to our life"Although there are a few weak ballads, you can't go wrong with buying this album. Even if you are a rock fan (like me) or into any other type of music, give it a listen. This isn't the normal boy band pap! I just can't believe it hasn't done too well in the Uk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Long Awaited Album!, 28 Dec 2000
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
Black and Blue is the fourth album of the Backstreet Boys career, however in my view it is the most polished yet. The songs 'The Call', 'Get Another Boyfriend', 'Everyone' and 'Not For Me' are the upbeat dancey numbers which BSB are known for. But the album contains many ballads from 'I Promise You (With Everything I Am') to'What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)'. The boys have also co-written several tracks on the album, 'Shining Star', 'The Answer To Life', 'Yes I Will'. 'What makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)', 'How Did I Fall In Love With You' and their own track 'Time' which all the boys wrote together.
I'd recommend this album to anyone. It is well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Pop/ R'n'B album of the year!, 15 July 2001
This review is from: Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] (Audio CD)
Black and Blue is an amazing follow up to the latest BSB album Millennium. Millennium was a tough CD to out-do, but with Black and Blue, the Backstreet Boys have done it. With party tracks that will get everybody dancing, like The Call, Get Another Boyfriend and Not For Me -to the slower songs to help you relax, like More Than That, What Makes You Different Makes You Beautiful and I Promise You. The Backstreet Boys would have had a hard time trying to make better tracks than Quit Playin Games and As Long As You Love Me, but with Black and Blue seven of the tracks we're written by the BSB so it's a more personal album. I give it a five star rating and definatly recommend it to everyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Black and Blue [Extra Tracks]
Black and Blue [Extra Tracks] by Backstreet Boys (Audio CD - 2000)