Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 June 2013
I really like this album, although I find it extremely difficult to describe. It is very different to the other ones from him that I have heard but is really nice. Officially French Rock/Pop, it is also sort of easy listening, but not quite, sort of loungy but again not quite, possibly also a bit slow jazzy with the piano, but again not quite. Track number 8 (La Poupee Qui Fait), for example starts with the piano but also features a little single bell like sound (possibly the triangle?) with a very regular tune. The album itself seems to be quite free flowing with a love song theme, although I don't really understand a huge amount of French so I may be wrong :-)

It is not really my usual style of music. I think I would struggle if I wasn't already a huge fan of Serge Gainsbourg and really liked his distinct vocals. If you want something different, are up for adventure or like almost jazzy piano featuring music, then I think you will like this. If you are not so keen on taking a chance on something then stay away unless you are a Gainsbourg fan.
on 23 June 2016
In my opinion, this is definitely one of Gainsbourg's three of four best albums. There is melodic and lyrical beauty, quirkiness, sexiness and sensitivity. And of course plenty of Gainsbourg's unique kind of "cool". In short, everything that made Gainsbourg such an amazing artist.