5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further - This Is The One, 21 May 2003
Dr Roots (North East of England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Showbiz Kids/Steely Dan.. (Audio CD)
If you're looking for a definitive collection of 70s/turn of the 80s Dan classics then you can stop right here. Skimmed from the Becker & Fagen supervised re-mastered original albums this is the best sounding like the best. 6 stars out of 5 - 'nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! the definitive compilation of the Dan, 2 April 2001
Mr. R. Plumb "plumb1909" (Melton Mowbray) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Showbiz Kids/Steely Dan.. (Audio CD)
After many years and many half-hearted stabs at it, we now have the choice cuts of Steely Dan's history.For any newcombers this is a superb introduction to the band's collection. There are many gems here on show that have been previously overlooked in past retrospectives. Check out "Change of the Guard" and "Only a fool would say that" from their debut album..Can't buy a thrill.Other lesser known highlights include "Night by night" "Kid Charlemagne" and "Peg" Remember don't waste your cash on all the other best of's, this is the one.Try it, you'll like it. I tried it, I liked it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music for Dudes?, 7 Feb. 2015
Spuds (Herefordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Showbiz Kids/Steely Dan.. (Audio CD)
Oh my goodness...here I am, in 2015, writing a review of stuff written and recorded back in the dark ages ('72-'80), when artists slogged for years, writing, touring, living on the edge, slowly but surely becoming recognised for unique and lasting talent.
I hate to admit that Messrs Fagen and Becker weren't on my immediate radar back in the day, although they were always there. You were considered a "dude" if you followed them, and I obviously wasn't, preferring more home-grown bands. I do, however, remember hearing Haitian Divorce, and the roll-up dropping out of my mouth as my jaw hit the floor.
So here we are, 43 years later, and this collection of 33 works of art from 8 years of creativity is available. Throw in the contributions of guest pals like Larry Carlton and Mark Knopfler, and it's a collector's no-brainer.
Have I become a "dude" at my age? Well, if the weird tingles on the back of my neck mean anything...

Showbiz Kids/Steely Dan..
Showbiz Kids/Steely Dan.. by Steely Dan (Audio CD - 2001)