5.0 out of 5 stars Black. Floppy. What's not to like?
It's a box of floppies - how can you say no? Wave them at your kids and tell them that back in your day, mp3s came on these babies and you had to change discs half way through if you wanted to hear the whole song.

Published on 2 Jan. 2012 by N. Telford

1.0 out of 5 stars Floppy Discs for using in my music keyboard
i did not find these very good, loads were faulty, after a few recordings they often returned error codes, and I had lots of problems with them. Also the labels that came with them would not stick properly onto the disks, some of them even caught in my hardware.I lost quite a lot of data because of it, and now I would not chance buying any more from this source.
Published on 5 Feb. 2013 by lovelife

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Black. Floppy. What's not to like?, 2 Jan. 2012
N. Telford (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verbatim 87410 MF2HD 3.5 Inch DS/HD IBM 1.44 MBDiskettes (Pack of 10) (Electronics)

For some reason the BIOS on my fairly-new-actually PC is only updatable using a floppy. No, really, I'm not making that up. It cost a whole £7 to buy a drive, and this product was on sale for a penny and P+P. It did the job marvellously. All 10 discs work as expected and I have the joy of seeing friends pick them up and say "Wow, they still make these?"

I now have enough storage in stylish black-plastic form to hold a large EP.

Reasons to buy this product:
* They're black
* If you need one, you secretly know they're cool. Admit it.
* Be the envy of your friends
* Manufacturing has improved to the point where *all 10* discs in the pack work flawlessly
* These are the ones with the double-the-capacity hole already drilled in them
* You know you miss that noise they make

That's all I can say. Buy them already. Soon you won't be able to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vebatim Floppy Disks, 11 July 2009
C. Eaton Hart "Chris Hart" (North Pool) - See all my reviews
Disks such as these are becoming a rarity, but they are still available and quality is as high as ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why use floppy disks?, 10 Mar. 2011
Amazon Customer (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
It may seem somewhat insane to buy something that only holds 1.44 or 2 megabytes (no more than one photo -- even won't hold a single MP3 file!), when CDs and DVDs hold (respectively) hundreds and thousands of times more. Well, the answer is simple (and, in my experience, it's applicable to USB flash sticks also): floppies are more reliable than anything I've used. I've still got disks holding documents that I made on Windows 98 and they still open in both Linux and Windows! I even had some in garage storage -- sat through 2 of the worst winters and being battered around in a dusty electrical drawer -- and they still work! On the other hand, hardly any of the CD's I burned in XP MC 2005 (and looked after) are recognised in my DVD drive and I've been through several expensive Flash sticks which have become unstable and required formatting -- with full data loss...

Floppies may not hold much, but if you've important office documents (which don't usually take up that much room -- you can fit roughly 400 pages of [text-only] Word onto a single disk) then they are well worth backing them up onto and putting in a drawer. All other forms of storage seem highly temperamental in my experience, and I am glad I still have important files backed up on these. They may not be the be all and end all, and they won't back up anything much other than docs, but they are a stable and inexpensive peace of mind for important information in addition to larger storage medium.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERBATIM DataLife floppy diskette 1.44 Mb (10pack), 29 Sept. 2011
Pauline Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
As floppy disks go! these are study and well made.
Floppy's still have a place when you need to fdisk your hard-drive or
install service packs on an old laptop when there's no usb support and
the Rom-Drive has broken.

VERBATIM DataLife floppy diskette 1.44 Mb (10pack).

5.0 out of 5 stars Disc-overing a gem!, 6 April 2013
K. Jamison (Co. Down, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought these to make new system disks for my ageing collection of Apple Macintosh computers and laptops. Many sites can supply floppy disks but they recognise their scarcity and elevate the price, including the P&P.

These disks were available, in bulk, at a fair price and free delivery! Win-Win!

Packed well in a box that was proportionate for the size of the 6 boxes I ordered.

If you are keen to keep old computers out of landfill and you would like to reduce waste regarding packaging and save on the postage costs... this is a great place to start!

Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars The old fashion floppy disk, 8 Oct. 2011
Joe Anthos (folkestone UK) - See all my reviews
I need them for my typewriter, and I am happy with them, they are perfect for my work and I can read them on my laptop, nothing bad to say about this brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Floppies, 23 Feb. 2012
J. W. PRESTON "Rail Fan" (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
The demand for floppy discs must be dwindling nowadays. These were as cheap as they get and were delivered quickly. I can recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 9 Oct. 2011
Do the job they were bought for - at a good price. Very good service,speedy delivery. no complaints,will buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transferring data from an old computer, 27 Nov. 2012
I wanted to transfer data from an old 1990 computer which only had a floppy disc output but all my old floppies were corrupt.

Not even sure if they were still available (I had already purchased a floppy reader/writer with USB from Amazon) I quickly found these and they worked straight away. I have now copied all my old files from the old to my new computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Floppy disks are cool, 12 Nov. 2012
I dont care if floppy disks are virtually useless these days, however they are really cool to look at and to have. If you a computer nerd like me you can use these as coasters for your desk, level up your nerdiness by 10 points.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Verbatim 87410 MF2HD 3.5 Inch DS/HD IBM 1.44 MBDiskettes (Pack of 10)
Usually dispatched within 4 to 5 days