4.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
I won't review the film itself as it's been done so many times before, and it's a given that it's a modern sci-fi classic. So, my comments are on the blu-ray itself...

I've seen this film loads of times over the years, and have bought the video and dvd versions of it in the past. Quite simply, this blu-ray blows all previous versions away! I didn't realise...
Published on 4 Jan. 2010 by D. P. Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, interesting version, OK transfer
Published on 28 Dec. 2008 by Dr T

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 435 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No other film can beat it!, 16 Dec. 2008
Victoria Hill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Two Disc Ultimate Edition) [DVD] [1991] (DVD)
This has to be my favourite film of all time. I think I've seen it at least 30 times now and every time I watch it I am amazed that I'm not bored of it. I don't think I ever will be.

The film works so well because of the brilliant acting from all the cast, the atmosphere that the music and storyline create together and the top of the range (for that time) action and special effects. I loved the relationship between John and the Terminator. It portrayed a true friendship between something that you'd think would never work - man and machine. The dialogue between the two characters was great to listen to and both moved me and humoured me. The music was both intense, dramatic and heart-rendering, depending on the scene and worked perfectly with the film.

The T-1000 was an amazing villian, cold, ruthless, deadly and of course, making the cyborg almost impossible to kill made for some intense viewing.

Terminator II is one of those films that has me smiling from the bottom of my heart, crying with sadness and teetering on the edge of my seat biting my nails. It's epic and will always be known as one of the greatest films ever created in my personal opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Judgement Day as You Have Never Seen it Before., 3 July 2014
I'm not going to go into detail on the content of this excellent Blu Ray presentation mainly because I will be covering old ground already well trodden in previous reviews.

I will say that from what I saw of the movie last night during a small test, the picture quality is just stunning, and I do mean stunning. I first saw this movie in 1991 and went back for repeats quite a few times. I then bought the VHS sell through and later DVD that improved on the grainy VHS. I have to say that the set up I am using now, a 50" LG Plasma TV and Samsung BD-C5500 player, rendered a picture that was better than the cinema release, in fact, better than being there and seeing it being filmed. You can see the most minute detail, hairs, stubble, faint creases and marks on clothing and even see mm sized scratches on John Connors cash card machine readout!

The sound is excellent, the menu set up and animations are wonderful too and add to the overall feel of the experience. A very good disc for the Judgement Day fans as you get two versions too, theatrical and special edition.

Do yourself a favour and get one for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works on LG BD560, BD550, BD570 and newer BD players, 21 Dec. 2011
I'm just letting this feedback because a lot of people complain that this version does not work on their Blu-Ray players.

As for the movie quality is excellent i give it a 5/5 (plus you get all 3 versions of the movie). if you like more details please read other opinions (some are really good ones) here on Amazon.

As for compatibility, if you have a LG BD5xx series (with the latest firmware November of 2011) or more recent then you should know that this disc works fine. It load's faster if you disconnect any USB devices from the Player (but you wont get BD live function without external memory drive).
So far i've tried on all 5xx models and it worked fine (BD570 loads faster but it has 1GB of RAM so...).

If you want to use BD live you most plug a USB drive (i advise to use FAT32 with 8k clusters for faster access) and if you are using other Blu-ray player's make shore its BD-Live 2.0 compatible.

Oh and for those how miss out the code for viewing the Skynet version the code is 82997 :P

Hope that this info help anyone interested on buying this epic movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief the world still exists!, 9 Oct. 2002
PriyaSoum (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A movie has perhaps never done so much for someone as T2 has done for me ... it made me buy a home theater system and a widescreen TV! Ever since I saw T2 on LD on my pal's home theater system more than 5 years back I was hooked. The entire premise of the movie seemed ever so plausible and the fact that I shared my 21st birthday with the proclaimed D-Day made me squirm at times! I have lost count of how many times I have seen this movie but I must be honest ... very often I havent sat through the entire duration. My fix is complete within the first 30 mins when Arnie saves the kid from the T1000 on that truck ... the chase is simply awesome on home theater and my poor neighbours will vouchsafe for that! The best part of the movie for me is when Arnie steps out of the diner and the riff to "Bad To The Bone" starts blaring ... not once have I not ended up screaming "YEAH"! As if being a body-building fan of Arnie wasnt enough, now I have T2 for competition!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Jan. 2010
S. Dales (S.Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I had been holding off buying this on bluray due to the poor reviews regarding picture quality.

Decided to buy this version instead and Im pleased I did. The picture quality and sound is fantastic.

Ive not looked through any extras that this dvd might have, as I never bother watching them anyway. All I wanted was to be able to watch the film in bluray. And now I can.

And at &7 its an absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic movie , sound and visuals awesome..., 13 Sept. 2012
I am reviewing this based on the transfer and audio. Its miles better than the DVD so I can only assume those who rated this 1 star on the transfer had average-to-poor players. The HD audio is well upto standard and this classic on Blu Ray for £8 is a no brainer. I never watch extras, am not interested in collectors editions etc etc so for me the 5 stars is for the sound and picture.... awesome !

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite movie and my most treasured DVD, 16 Aug. 2003
Arnie Returns in his biggest movie success to date. He is sent back from the future to protect John Connor from another Terminator. The T 800 (Arnie) must protect John at all costs against the T 1000. The sequel to the Terminator is one of the best sequels ever made. James Cameron kept the magic of the Terminator by creating a new scenario including a bad and good Terminator, the weaknesses and strengths in the two, and of course John Connor's innocence. The journey that John takes with the Terminator is fantastical. He saves his mum from the mental institute and manages to destroy evidence involving the future in order to destroy cyberdyne's existence.
Personally this is my favourite film because Arnie delivers his most amazing performance. The action is absolutely stunning and artfully created showing the power of Arnie and the T 1000 (Robert Patrick). The script is so cleverly written, the one liners are brilliant and the development of all the characters are so interesting to watch.
Adding to my love of this film is the fantastic DVD that it's on. On the 2 disc set there are countless hours of extras. I have never been able to finish it all. There are trailers, interviews, the making of the film in excellent detail, pictures, scripts and even the creation of T2 3D. Then there's the sound which allowed me to even here the rolling of the paper cup at the beginning of the film. The clarity of the sound is unbelievable. Also, the picture and colours are fantastic. The digital reconstruction of T2 is superb.
So all in all the best of the best in action and DVD quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, interesting version, OK transfer, 28 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Terminator 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I enjoyed this version of T2, as I hadn't seen it before. It has some interesting extra footage that I wasn't expecting at all but which really adds to the story. The picture didn't initially impress me that much (I think I'd watched it back to back with Wall-E though... :) but stood up to sustained scrutiny. There's more details in the eyes, the faces, and the landscapes. The overall look is rather grainy, but I imagine this is simply how it was filmed. A good comparison is at the end in the steel mill, where you can see Sarah Connor's individual hairs, although her face is a bit oversaturated and washed out. Again I think director/cinematographer's choices rather than a poor transfer because it is very sharp in places. I was surprised but not too bothered by the lack of extras - except for the seeming complete lack of subtitles, which is very odd!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect sci-fi action film, 9 Jun. 2009
This film really is perfect, engaging and just so watchable- a timeless classic that will never grow old. Fantastic script, it balances action, a touch of comedy and adds depth with the themes it explores. Arnie while obviously being very deadpan definitely brings his own brand of charming charisma to this film, the cast is brilliant and the special effects are fantastic even now. This should always be high in the best films of all time polls because it is just so well made, sublimely entertaining and I have loved it since I was a kid and have seen so many times, never gets old. Unarguably a classic, end of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on PAL (UK) PS3, 27 July 2007
Just to confirm as stated in the other review that this works fine on the UK Playstation 3. Not as high quality as the best Blu Rays, this is nevertheless the best quality transfer of T2 currently available.

Note that the original 'Terminator' works fine on PS3 also. The box for T2 says "Region 1" whereas the box for Terminator says "Region A" but neither is accurate; both play without problems.

Don't miss out on two great films!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 435 | Next ›