Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 November 2001
I heard Sade had an album out last year and once I heard the first track I had to have it. I have listened to the album over and over and sease to get bored of it. It wasn't until recently however when I listened to the album on my walkman that I really began to fully appreciate the true quality. The words are beautifully written with true depth and compassion and the inttricut effects and instruments along with Sades soothing voice create a brilliant album.
on 2 December 2000
Take your shoes off, turn down the lights, hit the CD Play button, and let your ears sip this wonderful mixture. She's back ..thank goodness.
Ger
on 15 November 2000
Even if you didn't hear her albums in the 80's you must hear this one. Sade probably writes the sexiest songs around. Imagine the best music to listen to with your lover and this is it! Beautiful, deep lyrics combine with her soulful voice and gentle, throbbing, beat to create an album that you will have on permanent replay! The beginning of each track tells you that you will enjoy it as much as the previous one. A Very Classy piece of work - we expect nothing less from this Prima Donna.
on 31 May 2001
If you are planning a quiet romantic night in you need a few things. Good food, good wine and a romantic atmosphere.Light some candles and put this CD on the music system. Whether you are a fan of Sade or not, the atmosphere created by her smooth vocals and the hypnotic rhythms of this album is well worth the purchase price.The perfect soundtrack to a perfect night in.
on 24 July 2015
Not much to say except I was wonderfully surprised by this album. Bought it based on the reviews here and what a good thing I did because it's excellent. Can't believe just how good this album is and it's now a firm favourite. Sade at her best, rich, indulgent and magical, a brilliant album.
on 13 November 2000
Somethings in life we just look forward to so much, when it does arrive we are disappointed. Then again, somethings do just live up to our high expectations. "LOVERS ROCK" is one such thing. It has been a very long time since new Sade material has graced my speakers, and I can assure you it has been worth the wait.
This CD showcases the very beauty of Sade's vocal mixed with the grace of lyrics and instrumentation that only she and Matthewman seem to be able to deliver time after time. Many might argue this is safe music for today's often risque and far reaching music scene, but you cannot mistake classic good, strong music. Where many artists go so very wrong is chasing trends when they should stay doing what they are very best at. Sade has again done what she is very best at, with timeless tracks as 'By Your Side', 'Slave' and 'Somebody Already Broke My Heart' this is as strong as anything from Diamond Life or Pride.
Turn the lights down really low, lay back and thoroughly indulge, sometimes it is just that simple, and this is just one such sometime!
on 22 July 2004
Sade has to have one of the most original voices to date she was a world-wide success in the 80's
Then she disapeared forn 8 years and returned with the most sensual,emotion album of her career (In My Opinion)I am only saying this because i heard this album b4 the rest this & Love Deluxe are my favourite Sade albums this is by far the best
1.By Your Side/1st single was a worldwide smash its still fresh 4 years later its a sweet song perfect for weddings 10/10
2.Flow/This song has a mixture of a reggae & acoustic tinged beat the lyrics are very good a classy song 10/10
3.King Of Sorrow/This was the 2nd single which to be honest i never saw the video to (or even the rest of her songs..they never show them)i dont expect this got anywhere in the charts i think its a great song one of them he-broke-my-heart-but-im-coping kinda songs 10*/10
4.Somebody Already Broke My Heart/I know everyone will relate to this song "Ive been torn apart so many times/ive been hurt so many times before" if u dont relate to this in one way or another ur not human lol 10*/10
5.All About Our Love/This is sort of soft rock song its very short as well (2:40) its a nice song though its more up-lifting that the previous songs very cool song 9/10
6.Slave Song/Now when i 1st got the album i didnt like this song but it grew on my its kinda religious song i really like it again shes used Reggae to give the song that extra bounce 10/10
7.The Sweetest Gift/This is the shortest song on the album (2:18) its a nice laid back acoustic song very sweet as well 9/10
8.Everyword/Yet another cool Reggae tinged song i love this song it had to be one of the best the lyrics are superb 10/10
9.Immigrant/This is sorta religious/political song abut racism its very good just listen to the lyrics but as i said to a friend things aint like this no more so i dunno why she did this song but its a good song anyway 10/10
10.Lover's Rock/Title track sorta weak for a title song but its nice & laidback i like the was she never over sings & it seems effortless 9/10
11.Its Only Love That Gets You Through/Wow was a long title i think this is very sweet i dont think it was a good way to end the album but i mean the song isnt bad so doesnt matter 8/10
Top 5 LR Songs
1.Slave Song
2.By Your Side
3.King Of Sorrow
4.Somebody Already Broke My Heart
5.Everyword
on 4 January 2013
Hugely distinctive delivery of Sade. Like the other albums? - you'll like this, but the original Diamond Life was an almost impossible act to follow, never mind - beat
on 21 December 2000
After 8 years of waiting, we get to hear her sing again. A bit of new touch, yet it's still the same quality and identity as before. As long as her lyrics, tune and her voice is there, you can give her any instrument and it's going to be that message from within, that expression of deep emotions --- yet so hopeful and positive about the power of the heart.
Soothing! Beautiful! Moving! ... Elegant !
VINE VOICEon 3 December 2000
Sade, after am absence of some years, returns with one of those rare albums that I don't mind parting with money for. Her voice is undiminished, the songs thoughtful and poignant and I know that this sort of thing should not matter, but how has returned looking even more beautiful? She must have been but a slip of a girl when she first made her name. Get this album. You will not regret it.