Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 March 2001
I feel that a new Beatles compilation should be released every decade, as only then will the youth of that time truly appreciate the quality and splendour of the music produced by the greatest band in history. I myself am 17 years old, and from an early age was aware of such classics as Hey Jude and Yesterday. But only now can I truly appreciate the full spectrum of Beatles' works: Highlights are Ticket To Ride, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out and Hey Jude. Essential listening to all teenagers who assume that Take That or The Spice Girls were BIG.
on 12 November 2015
Great to see all the promo films together in two DVDs. But what spoils it for me that apart from a couple of film clips, the videos are hemmed in the middle by two black bars in the left and right margins. I don't know why the films could not be full screen. The ITV Nation's Favourite Beatles Number One had much of the same footage available on full screen. I feel a little bit cheated.
on 12 November 2015
The single dvd is great very clear videos & great sound but the CD is the best ever. I have been listening to The Beatles all my life & this is the best production of these songs i have ever heard. The clarity of the instruments & drums are amazing.
I think Giles Martin should get the job of re-mastering the last re-masters as i thought they missed the trick with them.
This is how they should have sounded. This CD & the Love CD are the best sounding Beatles ive heard & its no coincidence that Giles Martin worked on both
on 13 November 2000
as the owner of the red and blue albums,which are great with all the tracks on them, i felt that the all time tracks should be put together on one album, and here it is, the title says it all (1) it has got all the best tracks on the the album that you could wish for ,as new generation beatle fans are enjoying their music this has got to be the album to get!and the photos of all the tracks covers are in the booklet enclosed,and great value for money,compared to some greatest hits albums on the market.
on 13 February 2001
I don't think theres really anything to say about this album, the band tells it all. Probably the most successful band of all time,and rightly so. Beatles music is split into early and late,both 2 different styles,this album you get both,so you get the best of both worlds! Not much I can say just beautifully put together and tracks the Beatles precisley through the periods. All number 1 songs, this has to be the Number 1 album aswell,as the title says!!Buy it, you'll love it.
on 14 November 2015
Really enjoyable DVD. I must admit to having seen most of the films before but the picture and sound was outstanding. The bonus disc was great but I don't know hink you need multiples of the same song, We could have had some other sngs instead. The CD is nothing new. However the music is timeless and I enjoyed the DVD very much. Hopefully they will remaster Let It Be soon and we can enjoy that.
on 13 November 2014
Quick delivery, excellent value & great quality. All the greatest tracks from liverpools greatest bands something for everyone of any age. Brought as a present, will be gratefully received & enjoyed. Really pleased so would recommend both item & supplier.
on 10 November 2000
A complete masterpiece, every one a winner. I remember as a child my dad playing the Beatles albums and him telling me how lucky I was to be born in the same city as these genius's. Years later hearing them on CD I know how right he was, there music is timeless and this complilation gives us a taste of the hits still yet to come. Great for new Beatles enthusiasts and even better for those trying to preserve those precious slices of vinyl !!!
on 26 June 2005
I bought this album a while ago and was immediately hit by the amazing music tat the Beatles made. As a young fan this was a perfect start to me and I would recomend it to everyone, especially as every CD shop seems to want to charge double the normal price for any Beatles album.
This is my favourite compilation and probally the CD I listen to most.
Highlights
A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Paperback Writer
Hey Jude
Something
on 29 April 2001
I don't know about the rest of the world, but if you are a die-hard Beatles fan, you would have the majority of the songs already. Nonetheless, it is still a nice addition to your already large Beatles collection. Also a nice collection of songs for casual Beatles fans who wish not to purchase all their albums. While this is not a great reflection of all their works, it still demonstrates who the greastest Rock n' Roll band of all time is.