5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!
At last we are treated with the complete Isis! The reputed "Musicians Opera" has at last found it's way to a CD!. This is a must-own for fans of Lully and French music of the era - and I bet you will not be disappointed! Thank you Hugo Reyne and La Simphonie du Marais - this essential music has been scorned and neglected for far too many years!
Published on 10 Feb 2006 by Niklas

3.0 out of 5 stars Err...
Now, I have to confess, I haven't heard Aereogramme before this and I haven't heard any other volumes in the In The Fishtank series, so I'm basing this on only knowledge of Isis and what I like. So there.

So I may as well just get to what it sounds like without boring you with details.

I suppose you could class this easily in the progressive/post...
Published on 31 Oct 2006 by Amplified Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 10 Feb 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars in the fishtank 14 ISIS + aererogramme, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: In The Fishtank (Audio CD)
Isis + aererogramme
Isis the legendary post metal band from LA and aerogramme from Glasgow Scotland are put together with 2 days studio time to Wright and record what they like. From the bands albums you would expect a heavy sludge sound with the heavy vocal but what we get is something a little more special. A softer more post rock ambient album consisting of three tracks.

Low Tide - 9:29
Is a slow build track with many guitar slides and the soft drums that slowly flowers building up and sound of pure calm. The bass is clear and up front before the soft vocals from i believe the aereogramme singer. The main thing as I have always found with isis the music is the thing that stands out most the vocals are not throughout the track and the main attraction is the guitars and drums. The song towards the end gets a little louder and more of a wall but not a very heavy song in all. More of the experimental stuff found on the last 2 ISIS albums.

Delial - 3:55
Is the more ISIS heavy riff latent track that is more inline with the oceanic album and the more soft echo style vocal from I believe aaron turner. The drums are a little darker sounding on the track and breaks away in the middle to a more distorted guitar and whispers with slight screams like from pink Floyd carful with that axe engine. And the guitars and drums build up to a heavier more sludge tone. And the end of the song ends with the ringing of the guitar.

Stolen - 10:40
Is a soft track again starting with soft drums and a slow guitar slowly building up more notes and gain is more like later ISIS. The song again has the soft vocal of the aererogramme singer. The song I soft and in parts you are left with just drums then as the drums drop out the guitar comes back till the drums are gone or very faint then sound effects are added to the song for a short while.
As the song progresses it becomes more experimental and goes through many changes.

The artwork on the EP is as all in the fishtank series of fish with the band's name. The inside book is just in the fishtank back catalogue from 1 to 13 and the back of the book is a small text of when is on the album and all the usual information and a block of text about the making of the album. The back is again just text a small section on what in the fishtank series is and the tracks.
As you can tell I am a ISIS fan and never heard of aereogramme before this EP and will definitely give them a listen now.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK., 22 July 2014
OK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Err..., 31 Oct 2006
This review is from: In The Fishtank (Audio CD)

I suppose you could class this easily in the progressive/post rock category alongside Red Sparrowes, Explosions in the Sky, Subarachnoid Space. It's very rthythm orientated and the guitars and melodies seem to take a back seat as they're so minimal and simple.

Low Tide is a simple, driving, yet floaty track reminicent of Isis earlier, softer stuff like C.F.T. I'm not really sure what elements Aereogramme add to the equation apart from a subtle falsetto male vocal because the music sounds decidedly Isis. It's a pretty satisfying but does drag on far too long without much variation.

Delial is also Isis like, maybe Aereogramme are very similar to Isis anyhow and the pairing for this project was a logical one. Delial is decidely more energetic than Low Tide and a snip at just under four minutes. It's more aggressive, theres distorted bass and feedback but somehow it's not really heavy, Christ knows how they did that. It's got a nice typical Isis riff in it though.

Stolen, the third and final track is the longest at ten and a half minutes. It's a long spacey, dreamlike suite whilst being fairly pleasant and emotive is pretty damn boring to be honest.

It's a short CD at only 24 minutes and we're all thankful because it's pretty much 24 minutes of time I could have been doing something else.

I suppose that's pretty harsh but I was expecting something more, err... interesting. I've only heard good things about Aereogramme and I know for a fact Isis are a cracking band. But then again, after hearing the new album (In the Absence of Truth), I was kind of expecting a more ambient post rock type venture.

Overall, a big fat shrug. Completists only.

Hot Blonde Cocktail
Hot Blonde Cocktail by Isis+aereogramme (Audio CD - 2006)