Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 October 2001
"The whole story-His greatest hits" is a fine Cliff hits collection. Okay, we know Cliff has had a fantastic 122 hits and that to do him full justice, you could fill six CDs. But this double CD does give you most of Cliff's big hits. Rather than just the top five hits featured on "The Hit List" (1994), you get some great hits like: "Constantly", "On the beach", "I could easily fall", "Visions", "In the country", "The day I met Marie", "Devil woman", "My kinda life", "Dreamin", "The only way out", "True love ways", "She's so beautiful" (from Cliff's stage musical "Time"), "Silhouettes", "Peace in our time", "Be with me always" (from Cliff's stage musical "Heathcliff") and "Can't keep this feeling in" (the Top 10 hit from "Real as I wanna be" album).
Great music from Britain's most successful singer.Cliff Richard-the No.1 hit-maker. Grab yourself a slice of British pop music history at it's best.
on 5 May 2002
Cliff Richard has to be the world's living legend - an amazing, talented and zestful performer. And this collection of some of his many hits proves exactly that. With all-time greats such as "Summer Holiday", "Miss You Nights" and "Living Doll", along with some of my personal favourites, "Best of Me", "Carrie" and "My Pretty One", this surely is a truly spectacular album. It's cheap, too - considering it has over 40 songs on it. With the old ("Move It") and the new ("Millennium Prayer") combined, this is a collection worth having. I strongly recommend it - and I'm only 16!
on 5 November 2000
I can't believe the comments that have been made below. If everyone had the same taste in music, the world would be boring. I'm not particularly a huge Cliff fan myself, but am very happy to be buying this for my Mum as a christmas present. My mum has been a huge Cliff fan since she was 18 (which shows how long he's been going!) and I think he deserves some merit to still be around and to still be successful after all these years. WELL DONE CLIFF!
Compiling a collection of Cliff's hits on just one or two CD's is never easy, because there are so many good ones as the six CD boxed set (Singles collection) demonstrates. Most people really don't want that many CD's by one singer, even one as brilliant as Cliff. This double CD contains a reasonable selection of his UK hits from 1958 to 2000 that will satisfy most people. If you are looking for a particular song that isn't here or if you are only interested in a particular period of his career, there are many other Clifftastic compilations around quite apart from that boxed set.
Cliff had his greatest commercial successes in the fifties and sixties but of the 46 tracks here, only 20 are from that part of his career. Perhaps the compilers felt that anybody who wanted those songs already had them anyway, but it is worth noting that Voice in the wilderness, Fall in love with you, Nine times out of ten, Theme for a dream, A girl like you, When the girl in your arms, I'm looking out the window, Lucky lips, Twelfth of never, Wind me up and Congratulations are among the major sixties UK hits (all top four or higher) that were left out of this collection. Some of these songs are not as popular as they once were and were left out for that reason, but I don't believe all of them fit that description.
26 tracks represent the seventies onwards, culminating in The millennium prayer - actually Auld lang syne sung to the tune of The Lord's prayer (December 2000). While this period contained many more Cliff hits in total than the fifties and sixties, there were plenty of minor hits among them. Every UK top ten solo hit is included from 1973 (Power to all our friends) onwards.
As an overview of Cliff's career, this is brilliant despite the fact that I would have preferred more sixties songs and fewer from the eighties and nineties. In any case, you might not agree with me. If you only want one collection of Cliff's music and you are interested in his whole career, choose this or the boxed set according to how much of his music you want.
on 13 October 2000
If you are of the opinion that Cliff Richard is "bland and predictable" then I strongly reccommend that you buy this compilation CD released to coincide with the great mans 60th Birthday. From rock and roll greats such as Move It, It'll Be Me and Please Don't Tease to love songs as great as The Minute You're Gone, Visions and It's All In The Game of the fifties and early sixties through to modern R'n'B type songs such as Can't keep This Feeling In, this CD has it all. Only one singer can claim to be consistently good at finding the right songs at the right time and that singer is Cliff. There are 46 songs on this CD and that isn't even half of the hits this man has had, but this compilation is an excellent way to get aquainted with the best singer that this country has ever produced. Happy birthday Sir Cliff, may you long continue to produce hits as strong as these.
on 27 April 2002
Although this CD is a sentimental journey through five decades of hits (and testimony to the VERY best of British pop music through the ages), these beautiful songs and Cliff's faultless vocals are truly timeless. The early "Rock&Roll" type songs "Move It", "Bachelor Boy", "Living Doll", (watch it, Cliff, - locking women in trunks is v. un-p.c.) and are rhythmic, melodic and make you "wanna dance" - unlike the junk you get in the charts nowadays - and above all are fun. The love ballads (even those recorded when Cliff was very young eg "I Love You", "The Young Ones",) are sung with such sensitivity and depth of feeling, and the later ballads e.g. "Miss You Nights", "We Don't Talk Anymore" and "I Still Believe In You" are profoundly moving and possess deep, inner beauty which speaks to the soul. Many songs on this album also promote unity, harmony and love (in a Christian not romantic sense) eg "Power to all our friends", "From a distance" and "Millennium Prayer" and these touch the heart as Cliff's amazing voice is allied to undoubted heartfelt sincerity. When I first heard "Mistletoe and Wine" (aged nine) it was the most beautiful song I ever heard; it still is; it made me love Christmas; its simple message of peace, love and joy, and the happiness that Cliff's singing just oozes is still unsurpassable, and "Saviour's Day" is a close second. Cliff should be revered as one of the world's pop legends. This C.D. is an inspirational story. And if it is "the whole story", please can we get a sequel?
on 3 November 2000
This CD contains lots of different sounds of Cliff over the 42 years at the top, i never tire of listening to Cliff, never bought a CD of his that i have become bored with, this CD contains a good mix and is well worth buying, except for those people who have to have their minds made up for them. If i don't have time to pick a few CD's out to put into the changer, then this CD is perfect for covering the sounds of Cliff from the beginning through to the start of the next however many years we can hope for. Don't be predictable, buy Cliff today.!
on 10 March 2004
I've lived, somewhat reluctantly, with Cliff since I was a kid. My mum was a fan and my Auntie and my Nan so there was no way to avoid the Peter Pan of pop and his vibrato filled vocals in our house. So listening to this double album is a real trip down memory lane and it's a great memory. Songs like Wired for Sound, My kind of life and Devil Woman are real floor fillers and the later ballads The best of me and I still believe in you have the makings of classics in years to come. What startled me was that Cliff had so many wonderful songs and most of them are here on this album. Although I'd have loved to seen Take me High, Up in the world and Ocean Deep on here this is still a great package. So get out disc one pass the rock n roll stuff and fast forward to Miss you Nights. It's got to be one of the best songs of the 70's. By the end of this double album you'll realize that regardless of anything else he really is the greatest. Dam it!
on 20 October 2000
A superb selection from the changing styles of Sir Cliff. All the way from the teenage rocker in '58 to the mature, but still young, gentleman at the Millenium. It's not easy to choose all the tracks to include from such a career but, they've done a great job. Whether you're 9 or 90, there's an awful lot to please the ears and stir a few memories for we older folk who were around when Harry met Cliff. Enjoy it!
on 11 October 2000
An excellent recording commemorating the 40 plus years of Cliff's career - from the original Move It, right through to the 1999 hit The Millenium Prayer. A fitting tribute to the Peter Pan of Pop who is celebrating his 60th birthday during October 2000 - the reason for this CD's release.