5.0 out of 5 stars Most worthwhile purchase of my year
This book is absolutely brilliant.

If you're a fan this is an absolute must. I think anyone whether a fan or not would be intruiged to get inside the head of Em and you really feel you can with this book.

Published on 28 Oct. 2008 by Missy T

2.0 out of 5 stars Come on guys, you ruined a perfectly good book!
The book itself is fantastic. It is written wonderfully and is very interesting. The lyric sheets are particularly great. However, the book itself is made terribly, once you turn a page it instantly falls out. It's like the used prit-stick to bind it. Once while re-reading it, all of the pages fell out of the book and i had to sort them back into order, which was...
Published 5 months ago by Darragh

5.0 out of 5 stars Most worthwhile purchase of my year, 28 Oct. 2008
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely brilliant.

Before I bought it I thought it would be a basic story of his life but I was so pleased to find out that it's not like that at all. Most people who would call themselves a fan know his story pretty much backwards and if that's all you want you can find it in a million places on the internet.

This is so much more than that though. He really explains his feelings and thoughts throughout major events in his life. It's not at all contrived and it really is as though he's speaking directly to you. The writing itself is well put together and is a lot of the time funny as well.

For me this is without a doubt the best book of the year. Buy it. You'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim at his absolute best, 22 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
So, then, The Way I Am. This book really defines the phrase mindblowing. Eminem has launched several books, all of which I own. These include, as I'm sure you'll remember, Angry Blonde, Talking, Whatever You Say I Am, etcetera (there were a fair few). But this, which is evident upon reading, is the real deal. It seems a damn site more officially produced than the others, and it's an easier and more entertaining read than the others too. Now, I should probably talk about content, but I'm going to take some time to cover the layout and aesthetic side to the book. It's got an innovative dustjacket - the actual front cover has red scribbled jottings printed all over it, but these are intelligently masked and therefore hidden upon putting the jacket on. I still haven't determined how this is made a reality, but it makes for a great looking, red, translucent dustjacket. The sheer mass of pictures, photos and colour inside the book is overly sufficient - you could read it for a year and still not have covered everything in it. And of course, it's written by Slim himself - the greatest rapper of all time. It is also made evident that no ghost writer is involved in the process; it is so utterly candid and entertaining it could have only come from Em himself.
If you've always wanted to know more about the greatest emcee the world has ever seen, presented to you here is your exact dream in admirable candour. At the recommended retail price of £20, you could not possibly find a better purchase not just for Christmas (although, admittedly, I bought this last year - I've only just got around to reviewing it, over a year later!) but for any time, gift or for yourself.
Eminem fans will be drooling at the site of this gem.
Makes for immediate purchasing properties!
If you buy this, my guarantee says you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
amazing book to read. again it helps if your a fan. i feel you really get inside the mind of eminem and it is very funny. its written in the way eminem talks instead of some one talkin what he says and putting it in his own words. full of little stories about him and lots of swearing and vulgarity- Genius

5.0 out of 5 stars The real slim shady, 28 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Way I Am (Audio CD)
Yet another phat single from the best thing to come out of rap since Public Enemy. The Way I Am is Slim's latest single and in it we see that fame is another thing that is annoying Slim at the moment aswell N Stink and Christina. This single, which is a much more hardcore rap than his last single, is just as brill as any other of his songs but with a harder beat and hardcore rapping this boy is showing us exactly why he is the hottest rapper out at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic insight into my favourite rappers life, 1 Feb. 2010
W. A. Elliott "rapfan92" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
Im not usually the type of person who cant put a book down, but i was so hooked that i read it from cover to cover in one sitting, its a must have for any eminem fan who wants to know the real'' slim shady'' from his early days starting out in detroit working poor paying jobs, getting robbed, befrending proof, to worldwide mega stardom and the trappings of fame an fortune

well worth the buy, will most likley read it again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars hip hop at its most aggressive, 27 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Way I Am (Audio CD)
this single repressents the most aggressive rapper in the world and i think its off the hook.The message given to the world is leave me alone and i think its a progression from the real slim shady as its got a much more serious message to it,god knows how many times ive listened to this one and i love it.If you luv hip hop then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good its framed and above my bed!!!!, 25 Oct. 2008
J. G. Gorecki "jgorecki5" (Surrey, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
You can tell from the off that this is really written by him. Its a fascinating read (even tho being a devoted fan I new a lot of the stuff already). You're really taken into the minds of Eminem, Marshall Mathers and of course Slim Shady. Although it doesnt go into some parts of his life in great detail you are spoilt for entertaining reading, ranging from origional lyric notes to his deepest thoughts and feelings and never before seen pictures of Em and his Shady family. It looks like Em can connect to people through books as well as songs. The only critism I have (and I was hard pushed to find one) is that its a tad to short. Enjoyed every minute of it tho!

5.0 out of 5 stars ******AWSOME********, 2 April 2009
Lee Brown "LEE BROWN" (wigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
THIS BOOK IS AWSOME THE PRESENTATION IS INCREDABLE, THE BOOK IT SELF IS A MUST, FOR ANY FAN OF EMINEM OR ANYONE EVEN SLIGHTLY INTRESTED IN THE MAN OR THE RAP GAME!!!!

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPIONTED

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Written by greatest ever rapper., 21 Oct. 2008
D. Thomson - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
This book takes you into the life of the worlds greatest rapper. All a can say is buy it if u are a fan. This is a 5/5 book great must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, I'm glad I bought it, 12 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Way I Am (Hardcover)
I bought this book out of curiosity as I am a big fan of eminem and I enjoy listening to him music because I feel like I can relate to him and his songs, I suggest any eminem fan should have this book and read it, it is the best book I've ever read and I would highly recomend it, it has a lot of good pictures so you don't get bored and its brightly coloured and the front cover is amazing, its got official eminem lyrics sheets and bits from his songs, everyone should buy this book even if your not a huge fan of eminem it is the best

Way I Am
Way I Am by Eminem (Audio CD - 2000)