Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 May 2004
I cannot tell you how surprised I was first of all to see the producers on this album (Babyface, She'kspere, Trixter) and secondly to hear the songs. This album is one of the swankiest, funkiest and downright enjoyable slices of R&B I have heard in a long time. The title track is absolutely fantastic and the album never loses momentum from then on, Pink even pulls off a few killer ballad style tracks without a hitch.
You might say having Babyface (Toni Braxton's favourite producer) work on your album could make anyone sound good but I think Pink really shines on this album, her vocals are husky but limitless, she can pull of those high notes.
The one thing I was wondering, where has Pink gone since making this album? Maybe it was just that her label got her wrong and underneath this album's slinky R&B exterior, she was a rock chick all along but I definitely know which she does with most ease and attitude.
Pink, you are not a rock chick, get back in the studio and make "Can't Take Me Home Pt. 2" I was really looking forward to some more collaborations with other R&B artists and producers but you've gone in the complete wrong direction and I'm so annoyed about it. However, that doesn't stop me clinging on to this album for dear life, it is pure R&B genius. Buy it now if you are a dedicated or passive R&B fan, you hopefully won't be dissapointed, I definitely am not.
PS. The garage remixes of "There You Go" and "Most Girls" at the end of the album are awful but the actual album tracks are all faultless, no exaggeration they are all fantastic.
on 12 March 2010
i am big into pink at the moment after buying the fun house cd last year . decided to buy all her cds. got this afew week ago and it has sat in its wrapper until the other day . this is a great album and you can hear how her voice has changed over the years . was so good to her most girls and there you go again . its very R & B sounding but thats how she started off . its feel good album with great songs . i will be playing this along with funhouse for along time to come .
on 17 November 2000
Most of Pink's debut album is absolutely brilliant, comprising snarling lyrics, kicking beats and slamming b-lines - this is what modern rnb should sound like. The first four tracks are undoubtedly the best (especially the singles Most Girls and There You Go) but things start to get a bit grating on the lame love songs and epic ballads. Stop Falling works surprisingly well, but the other slow songs are pretty terrible. However, there are more than enough exhilirating hip-hop songs (like the fantastic title track) to make up for any hiccups. Hopefully, Pink will now get to work with some of the huge producers like Timbaland and Darkchild for her next album, thanks to her amazing voice and sex appeal. She deserves to be a big star.
on 30 July 2008
What can I say? Very R&B and VERY different from her latter three albums.
I knew this album was going to be R&By but it was NOTHING like I imagined it to be. I thought it was going to be more like Missundaztood.
That said, I'm an R&B fan and this album on the whole is great.
The only reviewers who have rated it badly either aren't R&B fans (which doesn't help) or are hearing this off the back of Missundaztood, Try This or I'm Not Dead. The latter and the former are my favourite Pink albums, but this one has to come a close third.
Highlights for me are the kick-ass, typical Pink song Most Girls, Can't Take Me Home, which is a cross between TLC and... hmm, There You Go, lmao which I must say again sounds VERY like TLC in the instrumental and delivery of the lyrics, You Make Me Sick, which again sounds like TLC and... I'm not sure, just other R&B artists, the zany Split Personality.
on 1 October 2000
I am a big R&B fan and ever since i heard 'there you go' i have been a huge fan of pink's. She has an amazing voice and her songs are brilliantly written, she's even good enough to carry of the ballards. I love every song on this CD which makes it impossible to choose a favourite, it's all i listen to at the moment. Pink is very original with her own unique style, i just love her pink hair, and the attitude she shows in some of her songs when she's getting back at the men. I love watching her in her videos, she shows so much anger. She's got it all, she is definately one talented lady, and i hope she does well because she deserves it. If you like destiny's child you will love this, i recomend this CD to anyone who liked her first two songs, buy it you wont regret it. This is a fantastic CD by a wicked artist.
on 11 October 2000
As a Brit whose just moved out to Kenya, I am grateful for ANY CDs that are given to me, but this one was really something different.
It makes a change that not all the songs sound similar - a mistake many new artists make. 'There you go', the excellent track that was released first, is catchy, but not in the least annoying - i would recommend you see the brilliant video.
'Most girls' is also great. A sassy female, Pink really knows how to sing a brilliant tune. I could go on and describe how the rest of the songs are a change from the usual stuff you hear, but i won't. you should buy it for yourself and find out.
There are not many CDs you can leave on from start to finish, but this is definitely one of them.
on 20 February 2001
This is a wonderful album. Every single track on it except one or two would make great singles and Pink will have a tough time choosing which to release. The tracks vary a lot, and range from upbeat hip hop tracks such as You make me Sick, to some ballads such as Love is such a Crazy Thing. Most of the ballads work well with the rest of the album, but I can't help feeling that 'Stop Falling' sounds rather out of place on the album. it is a pity about the terrible Garage remixes at the end of the record of There you go and Most girls, but these aside, this is a wonderful album and I hope Pink becomes extremely successfull (even more so than she is now).
on 26 August 2000
as Pinks first album i thought it was a very good mix of varied r&b tunes. its got a few slow tunes if u like them and a few angry tunes if u like them and it also has the ones about Pink. i found this a brilliant album that entertained me over the summer holidays while i was in Spain. it was a very good album with a lot of variations. Pink has a strong charactor and an original name. And, as my 14 year old sister pointed out,shes one of the very few people who look good with pink flourescent hair,and to top it all up she has a brilliant voice. a brilliant album from a brilliant artist.
on 15 February 2001
Well what can I say? P!NK is definately my fav. RnB vocalist of all time. This album has really done it for me. Its got slow soppy soppy songs, proper get up and dance tunes as well as the famous rnb tunes.
Famous tunes such as There you go and Most girls are on there but I tend to skip them because they have been killed on the radio.
Favourite tune on the album is 'Love is such a crazy thing', definatly the best tune on the album ,love it to bits and is just as good as Toni Braxtons Secrets, equally as good, thats saying something!
Keep it up, a must buy!
on 20 November 2000
This albulm is class defined. it is brilliant from start to finish. when asked which songs on pinks albulm I didn't like I had no reply because every song is brilliant I have no favourite because each one is quality in it's own way and the fact that the majority of the songs were written by Pink make it even better. This albulm is unbeatable I can't wait to hear more from pink in the future. You may think I'm over the top about how good the albulm is but if you buy it you will see that it really is as good as say. TRUST ME BUY IT!