5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a rested mind and body choose this CD!
I am actually playing this CD now as I type away! It is a great piece to have playing gently as a background piece of music, each piece though seperate does not distract from the overal experience. Each piece continues in some way from the next, each flowing well.
Published on 21 Dec 2001 by michellepears

1.0 out of 5 stars Lift music
Published on 24 Jun 2011 by Z. Shimanska

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a rested mind and body choose this CD!, 21 Dec 2001
This review is from: Body and Soul - Relaxation: Resting the Mind Reviving the Body (Audio CD)
It is a great CD to play after a hectic workday, whilst having a bath. It is also very good to play softly as a background to fall asleep or for that romantic evening with your loved one!
It last 1hr so it is well worth the money as are most of the CD's in the 'body and soul' series. The CD claims to calm the spirit, restore the daily balance of life and promote contentment and well being. This for once is not an exaggeration, it really does what it claims, if you give it the chance.
There is only one down side moment and that is number 4, which initially reminded me so much of the M.A.S.H. theme music for the first few seconds, (this in itself is not bad as I liked M.A.S.H), after the first 20 seconds it is not M.A.S.H and is another relaxing piece.
Overall this CD does what it suggests and as a Stress Management Consultant I would recomend it as an aid to help relaxation. It is by no means a replacement for relaxation training, but played as background music it does help calm the mind, if one chooses to allow the CD to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 25 July 2007
I bought this CD as I have recently started working from home offering beauty treatments and wanted something to play as background music. This fits the bill perfectly.

I have also just found out that I am expecting our first baby and have played this CD to help me relax. It's so peaceful that I am sure to be packing it to have in the delivery room!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Body and Soul - Relaxation - The ultimate Cd to chill out to., 5 Feb 2007
The is a must have CD if youlive a busy and stressful life. I bought this CD in hope it will help me sleep at night as I work 12 hours a day and struggle to sleep at night thinking about work etc. Since having this I put it on before I sleep and it sends me to sleep with in the 1st couple of tracks. I also play it in the morning to help ease me into my day ahead. I would recommend this as a no.1 purchase if you have the same issues I was trying to deal with. Good luck!x

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 11 July 2007
I love each and every track on this album!! This gentle soothing music massages away the stresses of the day, and lets your mind drift. Fantastic - a Must for any cd collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to expect but...I liked it!, 20 Jan 2007
David Payne (Benfleet, Essex) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a CD to listen to help me wind down from a stressful day at work and the previous reviews indicated that this would be a good choice. I wasn't sure what to expect when the CD first arrived, but from the first play I discovered that this was ideal music for creating a chilled background ambience while doing something else. (Relaxing, reading, trying to sleep etc). If that's what you are looking for then this is a definitely a good start.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for relaxing., 24 Mar 2008
A. Death (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this cd for my 11 year old daughter who was finding it hard to go to sleep. She recieved this and the calming cd in the post about 3 weeks ago and played them that night she fell asleep with no trouble and she has played them every night since! Another bonus of these cds is that they are such good value too. I would recommend these to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says it does, 4 Jan 2010
Eve Humphries - See all my reviews
I've got this loaded everywhere in the house and play it when I'm doing a task I don't particularly like. Like ironing - it makes it more a relaxing chore to do.
Also when I'm just sitting with a coffee. But beware, you could find yourself floating off and your coffee cold - A great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lift music, 24 Jun 2011
Z. Shimanska (London) - See all my reviews
Awful. This is lift music in my opinion - its really commercial and not what i expected. I thought it would be really soothing but i just find it cheesy and annoying. Lots of people have rated this cd highly so dont let me put you off if you think this is your kind of thing. I'm new to buying these type of relaxation aids and i now realise i prefer natural sounds for relaxation like rain and running water without any kind of background music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 3 April 2007
Miss Taylor - See all my reviews
An excellent CD, immediatley relaxed by the music. Will take this with me on flight to America to relax and try to sleep. Would be good for having massage to as well !.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so relaxing, 7 Dec 2008
I bought this in the hopes of its melodies relaxing me. Afterall, that's what it says on the 'tin'.
In parts, the CD does indeed relax the mind and produce a pleasant after-feeling. As an album or a collection of tunes however, I really can't recommend it.
In places the tracks seem rather disjointed and jarring. The tracks are seemingly incompatible with each other and there is little flow from one to the next. Listening to individual tracks then is the only real way to gain any enjoyment from the CD because listening to each track, one after the other, as each tune changes tempo, beat and style is more likely to infuriate and stress the listener instead of calming or relaxing him/her.

Instead, I heartily recommend the sister CD to this, Body and Soul: Calm.